Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG TV

• 14-01-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I have an LG TV with webos. Is there a way to program the lg remote to control the horizon TV box. Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Is the LG remote even programmable?

If you have a harmony universal remote they have codes for both the horizon box (smtg7400) and lg tv's so can control both. The range of functions is limited to channel up/down, numbers menu etc. Not numeric keyboard or quick access buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Thanks for the response.

Sounds good, can you program a button on this harmony remote for the TV Guide for the horizon box. Might buy one, any suggestions on which version to get or where? Argos don't seem to sell them, maybe amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

indirectly you can geet to places quick

(some) Harmony remotes support macros which means that you can have a button that goes directly to the guide by putting in the sequence.

So, Guide would be menu>Ok as that's the two button presses to get to menu
    On demand would be menu>Right>ok
    Recordings would be Menu>left>Ok and Ok
    My Planner would be menu>left>ok>right>ok

And so on,,,

Not sure which harmony to get, as long as it supports macros and the Samsung smt-g7400 you're good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Kurn wrote: »
    I have an LG TV with webos. Is there a way to program the lg remote to control the horizon TV box. Does anyone know?

For he LG magic remote go through the lg remote device process and select a Samsung type 15 remote code. This does the majority of horizon codes and allows a pop up horizon control menu. It is not perfect though as the channel up and power buttons done work, but the rest do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Odd that my Cisco had box can link up with magic remote, but the horizon box doesn't. Another example of half assing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

I got an all for one remote to work, using the 'auto detect settings' where it sends the power off signal to the box until it powers off. Everything works now, except the guide and on demand (as indicated above) and I can seem to program those but there is a menu button that gets you there all the same, just an extra press.

Advertisement