Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Or...... Nova Bomb?

I just want to reach into the back of my vault once, pushing aside my Plan C and say I've used the purifier robes for the intended purpose! :p

We got beat pretty badly in 1 game, and it was only half way through the game when I realised what was happening: The other team were a fireteam (of 6 I think), and they were running around the map clockwise in a pack. Every encounter they had was usually 4 on 1 or 4 on 2.

So I think tonight we're going to have to improve our strategy. The whole lone wolf strat isn't cutting it in SBMM.

On my own in IB I usually keep an eye on the leader board and track that player and follow them. I like to soften up the enemy and take my 50 for assists! Total scrub tactic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    I just want to reach into the back of my vault once, pushing aside my Plan C and say I've used the purifier robes for the intended purpose! :p

Yeah, but also they are Year 1 & 170 Light.
    You're going through an awful lot of trouble just to be able to say you did it :D

For a short period after HoW came out, I ran Purifier Robes in 3v3 though, pity they don't disorientate the players for very long (or didn't), it's like by the time your animation is wrapping up, their vision ansi starting to clear again

Cormac... wrote: »
    You're going through an awful lot of trouble just to be able to say you did it :D

Hey Cormac,

Remember those times for grimore you farmed Ogre kills for hours and then when tTK dropped there were Ogres a plenty in CoO and that time you farmed Shotgun kills in a lvl12 Nexus strike for hours only to then spend as solid year running with Shotguns in Crucible.

Maybe you shut up your face?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hey Cormac,

Remember those times for grimore you farmed Ogre kills for hours and then when tTK dropped there were Ogres a plenty in CoO and that time you farmed Shotgun kills in a lvl12 Nexus strike for hours only to then spend as solid year running with Shotguns in Crucible.

Maybe you shut up your face?

Hey Cormac - remember that time your farmed materials in patrol for a solid weekend, and then the update the following week allowed you to buy mats?:pac:

• Advertisement

Hey Cormac - remember that time your farmed materials in patrol for a solid weekend, and then the update the following week allowed you to buy mats?:pac:

It was actually a full week.
    I'm not even f**king joking.
    About 5 day/evening slots of about 3-4 hours each - Abusestoilets knows....

I remember I even had it in my "Notes" in my phone.
    A full list of all the 800 total planetary resources I would need.
    All so I could have a full suite of elemental damage weapons in every slot.

Kinder guardians these days don't even know they are born!

Cormac... wrote:
    Yeah, but also they are Year 1 & 170 Light. You're going through an awful lot of trouble just to be able to say you did it

They brought me down from 315 to 301 :o

PetKing wrote: »
    They brought me down from 315 to 301 :o

A 0.035% damage decrease?

Sure you may as well not bother playing at all!
    Everyone avoid Petking, Clash is literally unplayable now if he's in your fireteam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I wonder if that Titan is still shoulder charging around Black Shield.

Cormac... wrote:
    Sure you may as well not bother playing at all! Everyone avoid Petking, Clash is literally unplayable now if he's in your fireteam

But... But... I have a Hawksaw!!

• Advertisement

I wonder if that Titan is still shoulder charging around Black Shield.
    Ha! What a match that was. "Oh you want to die to? And you, again? You too? Oh ok!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Any decent drops for the Level 5 packages yet?
    My son and I have levelled one toon each to near level 4 (should clear the rest over the weekend given the higher bonuses for levelling alts and the boon).

All we've gotten up to now is some gear in the 295-305 range (and some muck as well) and *another* 310 artifact for getting to level 3. (Even our alts are using these for infusion material now)

I would kill for a 310 Heavy weapon (Exotic engrams for this slot seem to be like hens' teeth).

As I don't think I'll ever see the end game raids, IB is the only way to get 310+ gear, one piece at a time per month :(

Edit : oops, never saw the mega thread, mods feel free to move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Been lucky enough to get 3 sniper rifles drop, not really a sniping player in pvp, but like it in pve and also a "must complete the set" habit

Any recommendations on which one to keep ? I thinking the last one using the ambush sight

eagleeye :: army of one :: explosive rounds :: Hidden hand
    viewtac :: :: rifled barrel
    ambush :: :: reinforced barrel

eagleeye :: life support :: skip rounds :: unflinching
    longview :: :: hand laid stock
    ambush :: :: casket mag

sightsys :: underdog :: explosive rounds :: firefly
    viewtac :: :: snapshot
    ambush :: :: smallbore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not much difference between them all really. I'm a big snapshot fan so I'd go for that one personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

319 boots from the rank 5 package, happy with that. Just have to do my two alternate characters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm looking at about a 70% win rate so far. Not to bad but KD is down around .95 just finding it hard to get my aim in again after the break so missing shots I shouldn't be.

Rubbish rewards from the rank 5 packages.

1 320 Shotgun - yay!
    a 310 ghost. Rubbish.
    a 308 ghost. Rubbish.
    a 310 class item. Rubbish.
    a 311 class item. Rubbish.

Rubbish rewards from the rank 5 packages.

1 320 Shotgun - yay!
    a 310 ghost. Rubbish.
    a 308 ghost. Rubbish.
    a 310 class item. Rubbish.
    a 311 class item. Rubbish.

You missing a ghost? I thought one of the rewards at 5 was always a 310 ghost?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You missing a ghost? I thought one of the rewards at 5 was always a 310 ghost?

possibly - if so it was also a rubbish ghost that got junked.

Had one of the class items been 320 i'd have been ecstatic - but they were both rubbish.

Ah well.

possibly - if so it was also a rubbish ghost that got junked.

Had one of the class items been 320 i'd have been ecstatic - but they were both rubbish.

Ah well.

I got lucky in the first CM Oryx and got a 320 butt towel for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

313,314,315 infusion fuel for me from the 3 rank 5 packages. Happy enough with the rocket launcher he's selling and also got lucky with a good few sniper drops to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I've been saying this all week, but why isn't Saladin selling class items?

I've been saying this all week, but why isn't Saladin selling class items?

He's a bollocks?

I can only assume it is because there is a light level and perks associated with the class items now, which wasn't the case in pre-TTK iron banner.

I do think it is silly that a buff item isn't always available for purchase (even at level 5 so that you could have it for the next IB)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nothing great dropped for me. 310 IB shotty and sidearm. Infused them into the sniper.
    Probably had the most fun with the blade dancer.
    Invisibility + sidearm = hilarity

Don't think I will get on tonight so looks like I am done with Iron Banner til next month now.

Did well on my Titan (main) but average/poor with my Warlock and nothing short of terrible with my hunter. I know the hunter is weaker, but the difference in my results with the three is shocking!

On my Titan i played 55 games, winning 34, with a 1.41 K/D, which is good for me.

On the hunter it was a K/D of 0.88(!!) over 11 games. I never want to PvP as a hunter again! With the Warlock I scraped a 1.0 K/D - and I used to do a lot better with the warlock than the titan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My little lad was down for the weekend and he got all 3 characters to ranks 5 and the only thing of note he got for it was a 320 ghost with my hunter for the rank 3 package strangely enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Jaysus this Iron Banner is tough going.

I'm averaging a 1.0 K/D (Warlock and Titan are sub 1.0, with the Hunter bringing that up to 1.0)! Although I'm sure thats driven by a couple of really bad games towards the start of the week.
    Spent a lot of time at the start of the week practising my sniping, and it's really taken its toll on my K/D ratio.

I'm also seeing issues where I snipe someone, I'm confident I've hit them but don't get a hit marker and they subsequently kill me with Mida. When you check their connection, they're a green bar (with a German / French / Itallian Clan name), so obviously a lot of lag playing into it.

I've hit Rank 5 on all 3 of my characters now, but I'm going to play a few more games tonight, want to get the KDR up a little more...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

So there I was pottering about with my Truth when this happened!!

• Advertisement

Jaysus this Iron Banner is tough going.

I'm averaging a 1.0 K/D (Warlock and Titan are sub 1.0, with the Hunter bringing that up to 1.0)! Although I'm sure thats driven by a couple of really bad games towards the start of the week.
    Spent a lot of time at the start of the week practising my sniping, and it's really taken its toll on my K/D ratio.

I'm also seeing issues where I snipe someone, I'm confident I've hit them but don't get a hit marker and they subsequently kill me with Mida. When you check their connection, they're a green bar (with a German / French / Itallian Clan name), so obviously a lot of lag playing into it.

I've hit Rank 5 on all 3 of my characters now, but I'm going to play a few more games tonight, want to get the KDR up a little more...

I've used a sniper the last few days as well.

Let me just say this.... Sniping is way OP. I've never really used one in PvP and according to my Game Query Aggregator I'm hitting around 70% headshots with the sniper. I'm not even good for feck sake. I got two or three yesterday where I was getting hammered by Mida/Pulse and I still managed a headshot, that shouldn't happen because they were hitting me as I scoped in and the reticle should be bouncing everywhere not staying on target.

Advertisement