Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got both characters to lvl 5 (yes, I now have two characters!). I find Clash to be quite dull as a gamemode, Rift IB had a lot more moments of excitement and variability.

Did anyone get the PS exclusive gear as a drop, or class items at that? I don't think I've ever seem them as a post game reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Got both characters to lvl 5 (yes, I now have two characters!). I find Clash to be quite dull as a gamemode, Rift IB had a lot more moments of excitement and variability.

Did anyone get the PS exclusive gear as a drop, or class items at that? I don't think I've ever seem them as a post game reward.

I got the Gauntlets on 2 chars, and two class items from lvl 5 package.

Got all 3 to Rank 5. Drops where ok. Couple snipers and a RL. Some armour drops too, mostly sub 310 bar the Camelot Gloves on Hunter at 313. Got 2 class items from Rank 5 packages, a 315 Titan Mark and 319 Warlock Bond and 310 boots on the Hunter.

Table overload follows
    Pretty consistent K/D and scores across the board
    Games Wins Win Ratio Kills Deaths K/D Sniping Headshot Avg. Score
    Titan 33 20 61% 342 304 1.13 73.85% 1,364
    Warlock 16 7 44% 148 134 1.10 68.00% 1,324
    Hunter 15 10 67% 145 139 1.04 58.33% 1,348

Class Kills
    Hunter 242
    Titan 229
    Warlock 164

Weapons Used
    Mida Multitool 245
    1000 YS 114
    Elulims Fenzy 61
    Suros Regime 36
    Reflection Sum 12
    TLW 8
    Party Crasher +1 3
    Conspiracy Theory D 2

And here's how many games I played with YOU:
    Player Games
    ChimpAhoy 40
    CDB-Whoop 29
    nevelator 28
    dudeeile 23
    Conovar 21
    jcd5971 21
    MattRBR86 18
    GenericDreadhead 17
    BashfulMonk 16
    Needs_More_Beard 15
    AbusesToilets 13
    NEGLIT 13
    OspreY-IRL 11
    n-o-cal 6
    stephen6567 5
    Petking 3
    Sir_Pryze 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't enjoy Clash as much as Control or Rift. It's not awful, it's just not as much fun, very sweaty with SBMM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Got all 3 to Rank 5. Drops where ok. Couple snipers and a RL. Some armour drops too, mostly sub 310 bar the Camelot Gloves on Hunter at 313. Got 2 class items from Rank 5 packages, a 315 Titan Mark and 319 Warlock Bond and 310 boots on the Hunter.

Table overload follows
    <Snip tables>

Very interesting, how do you get those metrics? Some kind of packet sniffer?

My KD ratio was somewhere between .5 and .8 over the weekend, I found this IB much harder than previous one, perhaps as there were more players (or fireteams of 6) on 315+ light handing my ass to me. Presuming SBMM means skill-based matchmaking, how come I wasn't getting match-made with people of similar skills to me?

My son and I levelled 6 chars to rank 5 over the weekend, best rewards were a 319 machine gun on one, a 318 hand cannon on the other and 316 boots. Then got 3 mid 310's primary and secondary weapons. Post-game drops included a 319 and 318 shells (good for alts as we both have the 320 Crimson doubles reward) and some sub-310 guff. My light is still at 312 but I've a wider range of weapons I can have to get it there, my son's got bumped up to 313 on his main warlock and 310 on his alt warlock (what can I say, he likes warlocks :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Got a 320 IB cloak for the hunter so I'm happy :D

Yakuza wrote: »

Game Query Aggregator on DestinyTracker.com

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadhead?mode=12&startDate=2016-02-23&endDate=2016-02-29&characterId=0

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My KD ratio was somewhere between .5 and .8 over the weekend, I found this IB much harder than previous one, perhaps as there were more players (or fireteams of 6) on 315+ light handing my ass to me. Presuming SBMM means skill-based matchmaking, how come I wasn't getting match-made with people of similar skills to me?

My son and I levelled 6 chars to rank 5 over the weekend, best rewards were a 319 machine gun on one, a 318 hand cannon on the other and 316 boots. Then got 3 mid 310's primary and secondary weapons. Post-game drops included a 319 and 318 shells (good for alts as we both have the 320 Crimson doubles reward) and some sub-310 guff. My light is still at 312 but I've a wider range of weapons I can have to get it there, my son's got bumped up to 313 on his main warlock and 310 on his alt warlock (what can I say, he likes warlocks :)).
    DestinyTracker for your stats.

Go to destinytracker.com. Type in your PSN/GT, then go to Game Viwer - Game Query Aggregater. Then just select the Clash game type, set dates to the week of IB and finally, select your character. Bobs your teapot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »

The beer was clearly taking hold as the night went on. :)

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The beer was clearly taking hold as the night went on. :)

By yesterday I stopped caring, I was playing solo for drops while watching TV and just got landed with some total dopes on my team. My spirit was worn down

Table overload follows
    Games Wins Win Ratio Kills Deaths K/D Sniping Headshot Avg. Score
    Titan 33 20 61% 342 304 1.13 73.85% 1,364
    Warlock 16 7 44% 148 134 1.10 68.00% 1,324
    Hunter 15 10 67% 145 139 1.04 58.33% 1,348

Class Kills
    Hunter 242
    Titan 229
    Warlock 164

Weapons Used
    Mida Multitool 245
    1000 YS 114
    Elulims Fenzy 61
    Suros Regime 36
    Reflection Sum 12
    TLW 8
    Party Crasher +1 3
    Conspiracy Theory D 2

And here's how many games I played with YOU:
    Player Games
    ChimpAhoy 40
    CDB-Whoop 29
    nevelator 28
    dudeeile 23
    Conovar 21
    jcd5971 21
    MattRBR86 18
    GenericDreadhead 17
    BashfulMonk 16
    Needs_More_Beard 15
    AbusesToilets 13
    NEGLIT 13
    OspreY-IRL 11
    n-o-cal 6
    stephen6567 5
    Petking 3
    Sir_Pryze 3

Knave and Chimp, sitting in a tree...

I don't enjoy Clash as much as Control or Rift. It's not awful, it's just not as much fun, very sweaty with SBMM

I hope this would be the end of it as an IB mode. Does nothing for me, games end up being even more concentrated in one spot than normal.

I hope this would be the end of it as an IB mode. Does nothing for me, games end up being even more concentrated in one spot than normal.

I don't mind it too much. After having nothing but Control in year 1, it's a nice change. I'm just waiting on one of the Mayhem modes to make an appearance.

My guess is it will cycle between Rift, Clash and Control. So it will be Rift up next and then back to Control in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Knave and Chimp, sitting in a tree...

Don't shame me!!!

[/RickAndMorty]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I take it all back, I had a stinker of a weekend, it didn't feel like regular clash at all. Lots of camping teams sitting back on spawns. My k/d was disastrous no doubt. Which site are ye guys using for IB stats?

Rift was a much more positive affair for me, much easier to win games with top score, and with a feeling of working together, communicating to reach rift cleanly or clearing the way for the relic runner.

Oh Control, how I lament the loss of thee! Please have me back my unappreciated friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I feel the same way about Clash, however I've just checked my Destiny Tracker stats.

From Tuesday - Friday my KDR was 0.9.
    From Friday - Sunday night my KDR was 1.09.

So I've been getting better as the week progresses. The only thing I can think of is: more team play, less sniping, more Havoc Pigeoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I had a good run of IB this time.

Got some good drops, usual drops for IB and I used a rake load of 3oC's so I got about 5-6 exotics dropped for these. Got 315 Bones of Eao dropped for me. These were probably the best I got for IB this time around. They are beautiful lol.

I found that I was winning more than losing but I don't track my K/D ratio so I don't really care about this.

Hunter (main char) got her up to 305 and my alts are now just hitting the 300 mark with a bit of fiddling so I'm happy out.

Didn't get to raid but maybe this will happen this week...

I didn't know exotics dropped at higher than 310. Is that just for IB or can it happen in regular crucible?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't know exotics dropped at higher than 310. Is that just for IB or can it happen in regular crucible?

I've had it happen from Trials Reward packages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Apologies, just checked there. They are only 310 Bones of Eao

I've had it happen from Trials Reward packages

What did you get Cormac?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Tuesday- yayyyy IB.
    Wednesday- 1 more then bed.
    Thursday- think I'll just do daily bounties on each character.
    Friday - doing the bounties is now boring.
    Saturday/Sunday - Think I'll finish collecting all the stuff in Assassins Creed.
    Monday - TBD.

Just didn't have the enthusiasm this week.

What did you get Cormac?

317 Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi. I'm sure that's come up before :pac:

I didn't get much from the Rank 5 IB packs, just bad primaries with bad rolls around ~312

Yeah really wasn't too enthusiastic for IB either but once I started playing it it was good fun. Saying that the second I got the third character to 5 I stopped.

317 Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi. I'm sure that's come up before :pac:

I didn't get much from the Rank 5 IB packs, just bad primaries with bad rolls around ~312

Got a couple of crap class items, 3 crap ghosts and a 320 Shottie - which immediately became a 320 HP, cause why not?

My main reason for playing IB is the fact it is now pretty much the only time you will get a group of 6 together for some PvP.

I like PvP and much prefer it when I'm in a team, and having a bit of a laugh with people.

My main reason for playing IB is the fact it is now pretty much the only time you will get a group of 6 together for some PvP.

I like PvP and much prefer it when I'm in a team, and having a bit of a laugh with people.

There is probably nothing that could have dropped from the Rank 5 packages that I would have actually been excited for.

I actually found that Clash made me a lot more hyper competitive and stuff in a way I didn't really like personally. I ended up stepping away every 3 matches to take a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I was stepping away and playing solo because I turned embarrassingly ****e. I couldn't aim, land body shots, so many super-fails. When you're bringing 2 of every primary type to the party and changing mid game in a panic, something has gone disastrously wrong. I've lost any ability to kill with the MIDA (srsly Bungie, my one's broken!), I ended up on my Nirwen's Mercy as it was doing the best job at range to assist kills. My sidearm kills went through the floor, any bit of sniping skill I had has left me, and I usually die a silly death without firing a round of heavy. That was a week I want to put behind me. On the upside, I got a 318 Nirwen's with spray and play and headseeker which I was happy with.

Advertisement