Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Cormac... wrote: »
    Just don't use the Raid weapons and you'll be fine :P

Yeah they don't really work well in PvP. Have learned this valuable lesson. Mida and 1000YS yer only man!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

holy sh1t there was some rough games last night. Is the mercy rule not in place for IB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Were you not making a B-Line?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I thought there was a strategy. One guy takes spawn, two others run to B with two body guards.
    I had planned joining this weekend and just sitting in a corner drinking while the strategy did the work?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

holy sh1t there was some rough games last night. Is the mercy rule not in place for IB?

Saw it come into effect once last night myself, a lot of quitters -_- even ran into a couple of people from here on it.

• Advertisement

We won 5 games, lost 1.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Saw it come into effect once last night myself, a lot of quitters -_- even ran into a couple of people from here on it.

Name and shame :pac:

I've seen the Mercy rule once in IB myself and remember thinking, the game was almost over anyway what was the point. It was a real stomping, like 18K to 5K.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think its 5k before they get 1k or 10k before they get 3k to Mercy, happens way more often in Rift than anything else.

Name and shame :pac:

I've seen the Mercy rule once in IB myself and remember thinking, the game was almost over anyway what was the point. It was a real stomping, like 18K to 5K.

We lost a game 20k to 7k, and it closed up towards the end.... were dominated for most of the match and sniped from everywhere every two seconds. I think Cormac manged to go positive at 1.22 and I was next best on the team at .8 or .9, it was as big a hammering as I have ever got in the game. loading in as a team of 4 didn't help, but fook, I was shocked the game kept going. We were never in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:
    I had planned joining this weekend and just sitting in a corner drinking while the strategy did the work?

Totz has this role covered!! :p
    His post about thinking he was playing the Division Sunday night gave me a good chuckle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

We won 5 games, lost 1.

Was it that game on Pantheon that we lost? They weren't a fireteam either, they just very hard and aggresively into our spawn, was hard to get a foot hold on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

As I said, if Mercy doesn't kick in EARLY, as in the first 3 or 4 mins, It doesn't kick in at all.
    It's designed that way (Bungie said so).
    There's no such thing as being Mercied 8 minutes into a match. Hence why you see it more often in Rift.

Plus we'd won 7 consecutive matches (well we did when I was playing and wasn't kicked or taking a break) right before that game so it was hardly the end of the world. Including 2 matches where we won 20,085 v 9,280 and 20,210 v 8,160

If people want to bail next time we load in with 4 players like that, just speak up. No point in discussing it after a round of Supers and Heavies cause people are invested in the match at that stage

Regardless we were literally throwing bodies at them to feed them kills, not that we would have won in honesty as we had 4 players for so long.
    I'm going to chalk it down to people being tired and cranky given it was 1am.

NIF7Xp6.jpg?1

I was trying to not feed them kills but every time I spawned in there were two or three of them close to fecking destroy me.

Overall I had a decent night. A few decent games, a couple of very good ones and a couple of stinkers across both chars.

381744.jpg

Well in that case:
    there was some one rough game last night out of 14 games

FTFY

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

You do love the Quillims, Jade Rabbit & HP combo Generic! :D

nevelator wrote: »
    You do love the Quillims, Jade Rabbit & HP combo Generic! :D

Find what works and stick to it :D

I wish I could be arsed to do actually streaming of me playing PvP, i've gotten pretty decent now (aside from Trials now) if I can be so brazen as to say so.

My kills with Primary, Secondary, Heavy, Super, Melee and Grenades are all pretty balanced. Every tool has it's own little job :)

Still working on my "Fight or Flight" response though, that's a pretty tricky one to ingrain cause I'm so set in my ways.

Working on not getting cranky or managing Tilt has given me a renewed love of PvP.
    I try to be more like "oh good snipe man" instead of "oh he hit me through a wall"
    I'm surprised more people don't take more breaks if they are annoyed over lag or matchmaking or individual performance etc.
    I rarely play 5 games back to back aside from Trials

Sure, if you finish on a Loss, Medallions are worth more then next day :)

Well in that case:

FTFY

:p

There was at least one other tough one - your MLGness brought us into a tough game then you bailed/"got kicked" and left us to fend for ourselves....:(

There was at least one other tough one - your MLGness brought us into a tough game then you bailed/"got kicked" and left us to fend for ourselves....:(

Yeah, sorry about that (kicked for inactivity), my PS menu was sooooooo slow (was trying to add the new guy from the clan to my friends list). But that loss was totally on me

In fact my internet was pretty bad all yesterday (5 up and 5 down) normally it's much better, I rarely get "Weasled"

I reset my connection 2 or 3 times, also sometimes my Wifi is better than my TP links :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Working on not getting cranky or managing Tilt has given me a renewed love of PvP.
    I try to be more like "oh good snipe man" instead of "oh he hit me through a wall"
    I'm surprised more people don't take more breaks if they are annoyed over lag or matchmaking or individual performance etc.
    I rarely play 5 games back to back aside from Trials

That's always been my problem. Play too long, BS meter gradually builds up and I'll flip out over something innocuous eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Who is your provider Cormac?

Eir or Virgin or someone else?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    That's always been my problem. Play too long, BS meter gradually builds up and I'll flip out over something innocuous eventually.

Meh.

I'm 30, I don't see the need to be getting angry playing a game that much anymore.

Super Meat Boy can **** a ******* **** on that note. That;s a game that will make your blood boil

I'm just like "hmmmm, what did I do wrong that time"
    As opposed to "this game is BS, all Lagging players have an unfair advantage, it's literally unplayable, OH GREAT, now I spawn killed, oh my god how does he have his super already, matchmaking was better in Year 1, Thorn is BS, Firebolts are BS, Shoulder Charge is BS, Snipers are BS."

I'm at the stage now where I'd rather play on my own than listen to that for 12 minutes even if it means having a loss solo instead of a win. It totally ruins the game for me.

I've played 4,000 matches now.
    Not every time you get s**t on is Lag/Unfair/Matchmaking/Cheating etc.
    Take some accountability, if you die 10 times they were not all Lag-Wall-Snipes

You're never going to get better if you blame everything else for your deaths.

I have a constant internal monologue when I die going.

"hmmmm, I really messed up that grenade throw, would have won that 1v1 if i'd hit it, I need to adjust for not having farther grenade throws on these gloves"
    "I KNEW I shouldn't have peaked there, and I still did it, that was dumb"
    "That guy killed me with heavy 15 seconds ago, I should not have went bombing back over to him like that a 2nd time"
    "I just said B is a meat grinder, why did I think I could go in there solo, I should have flanked"

I've said this before on chat. but I'm probably the type of player who is causing rage in other players now :pac:
    In fact I know I am, my Jade Rabbit play is on Feek (that's what the kids say these days right?)

TBH, I'm just not going to bother staying in party where I feel I'm getting Negged.

Anyone who has played regularly with me knows that I actually play twice as well when I'm in a good mood and a positive frame of mind and then I feel like "ok, this is gonna be a challenge, but we're able for it, let's give it a shot" (my internal attitude in the 4v6 match was exactly this).

If I feel I'm being Negged I'll do worse, the team will do worse and EVERYONES attitudes get worse. It's just so poisonous and it never get's better as the match goes on and plays out, like NEVER, and usually carries on into Orbit and into the next match and tbh, I'm just kind of "Done" with that.

If you see me leave a Party or I've muted you, or if I just decide to stay out of the Party Chat full stop, that's why.

Anyway, that's me gone off on a tangent :o

It's just a video game, try not to get negged about it, you'll only do worse* :)

*because when you start complaining, I too will play worse, and I'm NOT the only person in that bracket

Fieldog wrote: »
    Who is your provider Cormac?

Eir or Virgin or someone else?

Sky via Eircom/Eir. Router is only about 3 metres away through 1 concrete wall

PetKing wrote: »
    Was it that game on Pantheon that we lost? They weren't a fireteam either, they just very hard and aggresively into our spawn, was hard to get a foot hold on the game.

Yup, which was strange, just looking at it on my phone, we all had more kills, better K/D ratios - we just couldn't get B for whatever reason...

I managed to get into their spawn and get a few spawn kills, with the hopes of slowing them down but that B cap seemed to elude us.

Found a few of those games yesterday had some serious lag - that fella on bannerfall for example, but overall it was grand. Have learned to accept that getting shot through a wall is generally just destiny killing me a second after the other person actually shot me.

Its getting lag killed by a storm trance that is either miles away (on my screen) or humping the wall while killing everyone is the one that really does still get on my nerves. Had a stormcaller down to a sliver of health last night, he (seemingly) ducked behind a wall, so I was ready to dome him when he stepped out then BAM kills two others in the room the other side of the area.

Yup, which was strange, just looking at it on my phone, we all had more kills, better K/D ratios - we just couldn't get B for whatever reason...

I managed to get into their spawn and get a few spawn kills, with the hopes of slowing them down but that B cap seemed to elude us.

Were you going in as 1s and 2s or did you make a concentrated effort to push as a group of 5 or 6 with a Super even if that meant waiting at your spawn for 10 or 15 seconds

Found a few of those games yesterday had some serious lag - that fella on bannerfall for example

I 100% agree, that's why the very 1st time I died, I reported him for "Bad Connection" and just moved right on along, water off a ducks back.

If all 6 players did that EVERYTIME, I'm sure it would help eventually. I'm imagining if a single players has like 500 seperate individual reports for bad connection that Bungie will flag them or something (I wish there was "s**t connections" lobbies)

I'd done my bit, said once he was lagging very badly and then this was me in my head for the next 10 minutes.....

Skip to 0:14

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

We just got off to a really bad start in that game. I think at one stage we were down by ~5k points. We did well to make it so close at the end.

Were you going in as 1s and 2s or did you make a concentrated effort to push as a group of 5 or 6 with a Super even if that meant waiting at your spawn for 10 or 15 seconds

The other team spawn locked us very early in the game, so by the time we got our sh!t together - we were down quite a bit.
    We did mount a comeback but lost by approx 800 points.

The other team spawn locked us very early in the game, so by the time we got our sh!t together - we were down quite a bit.
    We did mount a comeback but lost by approx 800 points.

Pantheon is BRUTAL for that. Frontier is a close 2nd.

Most other maps you can get out of it, but Pantheon is CRUEL.... I love when I'm the guy doing it :)

• Advertisement

Is there anything to be said for teaming up as a group of 6 Stormcallers / Hammerbros tonight?

Advertisement