Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I 100% agree, that's why the very 1st time I died, I reported him for "Bad Connection" and just moved right on along, water off a ducks back.

If all 6 players did that EVERYTIME, I'm sure it would help eventually. I'm imagining if a single players has like 500 seperate individual reports for bad connection that Bungie will flag them or something (I wish there was "s**t connections" lobbies)

I'd done my bit, said once he was lagging very badly and then this was me in my head for the next 10 minutes.....

Skip to 0:14

That is a far better approach than "THIS IS FECKING BS, SHOT ME THROUGH A WALL, FECK THIS GAME. UNBELIEVABLE. AGAIN...WTF...THAT FELLA MUST BE LAG SWITCHING"

I will admit i do utter a lot of "Where the feck am I being shot from?" "Where the feck did he come from", and similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is there anything to be said for teaming up as a group of 6 Stormcallers / Hammerbros tonight?

Stormcallers do what Hammerbros don't
    That is a far better approach than "THIS IS FECKING BS, SHOT ME THROUGH A WALL, FECK THIS GAME. UNBELIEVABLE. AGAIN...WTF...THAT FELLA MUST BE LAG SWITCHING"

That RUINS my awareness, listening to that.

And I'm BIG into my awareness, remember that fortnight when i was playing the game on Mute (as in the entire time in PvP I had the TV on silent) :pac:

In a kind of a weird Buddhist Monk type scenario, picking flies out of the air with a Havoc Pigeon.

It actually helped though, got s**t hot at being able to read the kill feed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac, Sky updated their hubs last week and my connection is up and down like a yoyo since they done that so I would imagine yours is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PS4 people: Who's on for wrecking shop with 6 x Stormcallers tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If im on ill be up for it chimp :D

• Advertisement

I will admit i do utter a lot of "Where the feck am I being shot from?" "Where the feck did he come from", and similar.

I find the best thing to do is just leave that lobby. If you're seeing people lagging and its causing you stupid deaths, causing you to get pissed off, just jump to orbit.

As Generic said, if you've people in a Fireteam with you who have Supers / heavy ammo, then its probably too late at that stage - so its better to call it earlier and just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why 6 Stormcallers as a matter of interest?

AdamD wrote: »

Standing in a group builds your super faster with transcendence. Don't think it would be quick enough to make the difference in a standard game mode. It's a mayhem clash tactic, can have your super within a few seconds then it becomes a orb farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Great, why don't you just tell everyone now Conovar?!?! :mad:

Standing in a group builds your super faster with transcendence. Don't think it would be quick enough to make the difference in a standard game mode. It's a mayhem clash tactic, can have your super within a few seconds then it becomes a orb farm.

The first rule of Stormcallers club, is you do not talk about Stormcallers club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

PS4 people: Who's on for wrecking shop with 6 x Stormcallers tonight?

Yep, sounds fun.

AdamD wrote: »

I personally think, the shear psychological trauma of hearing the Sunbreakers hammer sound over and over again would be enough to break any team we are up against :D

Any roaming super would do but Hammers and Stormcallers are the most OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Cormac, Sky updated their hubs last week and my connection is up and down like a yoyo since they done that so I would imagine yours is the same?

Or you could be like me and not use Skys PoS hub. I'm on Sky with an Asus DSL AC68U. If you are on fibre all you need is to use an online calculator to get the username and password from the Sky Hub. The setup wizard will automatically add Skys settings as they are baked into the ASUS firmware.

I know I can get pissy sometimes with Destiny PvP, but for the most part I try to give enemy lcations and numbers in the party chat.

Sorry lads I think yis were inviting me for the stormcaller fest last night, I was just sorting my rewards from the raid and then hit the leaba :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Best vendor shot gun for iron banner?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

eggy81 wrote: »
    Best vendor shot gun for iron banner?

Havoc Pigeon

Shotguns are so yesterday's news

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Havoc Pigeon

Shotguns are so yesterday's news

I seem to be getting murdered by them.

Anything with Rangefinder, non-full auto.
    I have a Party Crasher +1, which has Rangefinder and does 25% extra melee damage after a hit.

Full auto shotguns tend not to be a 1 hit kill.

try standing further away.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

try standing further away.:p

With the range on some shotty's, that's not always a safe bet.

Eggy, stay on other side of map, that'll stop the shotty's. :P

• Advertisement

With the range on some shotty's, that's not always a safe bet.

Eggy, stay on other side of map, that'll stop the shotty's. :P

and learn how to snipe - just sit in the back, all game, and snipe.

Right actually had some good fun and scored really well in most Matches by my standards.
    Between 15 and 25 kills every game and have almost all the bounties that were available this morning filled.
    Got the handy ones done straight away and I've the 4 higher value ones almost there.
    Does your iron banner rank only increase with bounties as I've noticed it's been stuck half way around level 1 for the last 5 or so games without increasing at all.

Rank increases through wins, redeeming medallions (after a win) and bounties. The xp gains are pretty meagre early on but as the week progresses the buff really beefs (couldn't think of another word) them up.

Also if you have more than one character level them one at a time as your alt characters get buffs too.

Right actually had some good fun and scored really well in most Matches by my standards.
    Between 15 and 25 kills every game and have almost all the bounties that were available this morning filled.
    Got the handy ones done straight away and I've the 4 higher value ones almost there.
    Does your iron banner rank only increase with bounties as I've noticed it's been stuck half way around level 1 for the last 5 or so games without increasing at all.

Make sure you buy a shader and emblem to maximise your rep

Rank increases through wins, redeeming medallions (after a win) and bounties. The xp gains are pretty meagre early on but as the week progresses the buff really beefs (couldn't think of another word) them up.

Also if you have more than one character level them one at a time as your alt characters get buffs too.

Ah. That explains it. It's been a losing streak for a good hour or more. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Make sure you buy a shader and emblem to maximise your rep

Exactly what I was gonna say jonny. The IB shaders and Emblems provide an XP boost also, and so the the IB Class Items if you have any.

I really wouldn't cash in any of the weekly bounties before the Saturday reset but I tend to start on Friday and then keep going until I get all three characters done.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Check out Cormac's guide in the first post of this thread. Loads of useful info in there.

Hand in the green bounties when you complete them but DO NOT hand in the brown ones - they are worth 500 rep at base value (i think) and that increases each day - so handing them in on a sunday, for example can almost get you a rank by itself.

Cormac has a thread on reddit for all your ranking up questions: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/477oqb/how_to_level_up_in_iron_banner_with_minimum/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Got to rank 3 last night, another crappy 310 artifact. Getting really old now.

Advertisement