Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yakuza wrote: »
    Got to rank 3 last night, another crappy 310 artifact. Getting really old now.

That's the standard reward for rank 3. It's garunteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I know, you'd think they might mix it up a bit. Even my alt alt has shed loads of them. Hopefully after the upcoming update it'll change.

Yakuza wrote: »
    I know, you'd think they might mix it up a bit. Even my alt alt has shed loads of them. Hopefully after the upcoming update it'll change.

It's more for newer players to help them rank up. The proper rewards are at rank 5.

I played Destiny for the first time since last IB last night. 4 games won 3, 1.15 KD with .50 and a ton of deaths in the first game back so not to bad. I did find my aim was way off though.

Got to rank 2.5 in those four games so should hit 5 by Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's more for newer players to help them rank up. The proper rewards are at rank 5.

I played Destiny for the first time since last IB last night. 4 games won 3, 1.15 KD with .50 and a ton of deaths in the first game back so not to bad. I did find my aim was way off though.

Got to rank 2.5 in those four games so should hit 5 by Saturday.

Is that because you had particular boons. I played it for 4-5 hora yesterday with ateast 10 wins and am only at 2.5. Or just shy of it. It becomes fair monotonous after 4 or 5 hours IMO

eggy81 wrote: »
    Is that because you had particular boons. I played it for 4-5 hora yesterday with ateast 10 wins and am only at 2.5. Or just shy of it. It becomes fair monotonous after 4 or 5 hours IMO

Had Green bounties I picked up since Tuesday and one/two left over from last IB so complex those and turned them in.

Also have two Brown Bounties completed and need two more heavy kills on the last to finish that.

Was playing on my GG who is my least favourite Class so happy enough with the KD and WR seen as I was playing Solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

You should join in with one of the fireteam later on, time and matches fly when you're in a group. 

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only really planning on using my Titan and Warlock this time around - have both a quarter of the way through rank three. Have only ran the hunter for three games I think. Won't be able to play on Saturday, and limited time on Sunday so might just be the two toons this time - not that it really matters to be honest.

I do have 6 bounties ready to hand in on the Hunter, and another 2 I can pick up today - so a chance I could hand in 8 bounties on Sunday and get myself to rank 4, and then it would be just a couple of games to rank 5 on monday. Do-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    You should join in with one of the fireteam later on, time and matvhesbfly when you're in a group. :)

-What-meme-12129.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Worst night of Iron Banner ever, was wrecked from jamming and was playing AWFULLY

-What-meme-12129.jpg

matcvesbfly? Whats the problem, old man? Don't understand the lingo of the youth these days? What are you, NINETY!?

everyone knows matcvesbfly when in a group. esp when y'all be chillaxing and being all fetch.

• Advertisement

matcvesbfly? Whats the problem, old man? Don't understand the lingo of the youth these days? What are you, NINETY!?

everyone knows matcvesbfly when in a group. esp when y'all be chillaxing and being all fetch.

Getting closer to ninety every damn year.

The lingo of today's youth is IQ reducing crapblabber. Bae? Fam? Dab?(Only just learnt what Dab is). I take it Fetch is the new cool word for .... cool?

I have to say, whenever I hear Bae or Fam, In my head I'm...
    latest?cb=20150801022141

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Drizzle + predictive text = matvhesbfly

PetKing wrote: »
    Drizzle + predictive text = matvhesbfly

I'm still at a loss as to what d;'lgmawe'lkgnlkng was meant to be ;), or was it meant to be drizzle? In which case :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm still at a loss as to what d;'lgmawe'lkgnlkng was meant to be ;), or was it meant to be drizzle? In which case :confused::confused::confused::confused:

matches fly (or matches fly by).

Thought it was fairly obvious from context!:P

After 3 nights of IB on the Hunter:

Totals
    Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    13 21 280 134 240 1.17 1.72 61.90%

Performance
    Super Kills Melee Kills Grenade Kills Time Played Avg Score Sniping Headshot
    19 26 16 4h 2m 19s 3,023 61.82%

matches fly (or matches fly by).

Thought it was fairly obvious from context!:P

I see it now.

readImage?iid=15078511

My three nights of IB so far:

Total:

18 35 539 247 333 1.62 2.36 51.43%

Titan:

7 16 262 101 161 1.63 2.25 43.75%

Super Kills Melee Kills Grenade Kills Time Played Avg Score
    42 16 51 3h 1m 29s 3,407

Warlock

10 16 237 112 144 1.65 2.42 62.50%

Super Kills Melee Kills Grenade Kills Time Played Avg Score
    46 11 20 2h 53m 47s 3,316

Hunter

1 3 40 34 28 1.43 2.64 33.33%

Grenades accounting for near 20% of my Titan kills, love them nades!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Only really planning on using my Titan and Warlock this time around - have both a quarter of the way through rank three. Have only ran the hunter for three games I think. Won't be able to play on Saturday, and limited time on Sunday so might just be the two toons this time - not that it really matters to be honest.

I do have 6 bounties ready to hand in on the Hunter, and another 2 I can pick up today - so a chance I could hand in 8 bounties on Sunday and get myself to rank 4, and then it would be just a couple of games to rank 5 on monday. Do-able.

tbh you'll go from 0-5 in no time once you have the bounties ready. I had about 11 on the hunter last time and after one game was level 3.5 or something. I think that was a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

My three nights of IB so far:

Total:

18 35 539 247 333 1.62 2.36 51.43%

<snip>

Where are ye getting them there stats?

nevelator wrote: »

Destiny Tracker - Tools - Game Query Aggregator.

Filter by control and select the date this IB started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cormac... wrote: »
    Worst night of Iron Banner ever, was wrecked from jamming and was playing AWFULLY

I had a terrible night last night also, I was in a pharma induced haze of (legal unfortunately) drugs...

nevelator wrote: »

Destinytracker.com. Game aggregator view.
    http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/nevelator?mode=5&startDate=2016-03-29&endDate=2016-04-01&characterId=0

I'm falling in love with my Shadowshot Hunter. Fire it at their heavy while they are there. They may collect, but they wont escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

37 65 1013 313 801 1.26 1.66 56.92%

Not too terrible I guess, still tending to be streaky.

On the plus side, I am wrecking shop with the Fusion at the moment, definitely my favorite gun to use, Meta be damned.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Destiny Tracker - Tools - Game Query Aggregator.

Filter by control and select the date this IB started.

Cheers.

Only played IB with my hunter & warlock - decent enough win rate thus far.
    Warlock
    12 18 334 123 231 1.45 1.98 66.67%
    46 8 26 3h 28m 49s 3,847 50.0%

Hunter
    13 17 291 97 207 1.41 1.87 76.47%
    12 12 17 3h 14m 55s 3,728 63.27%

I had one game last night where I had that invisible bug. I could only kill with supers and grenades. Got a triple kill with the wombo combo when the other team was capturing a point :D You also can't open doors, so got stuck in the inside room of Black shield a few times, waiting for doors to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

24 32 440 115 357 1.23 1.55 75.00%

Not too shabby

48 grenade kills. God bless The Armamentarium

198 kills with Invective. Becoming a bit too reliant on that

Most kills I have with a primary is 19 =/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Results are a bit meh so far, trying to close out the Shaxx questline, and Mida really held me back - I really don't understand how some people seem to wreck me with it and I can't use it.
    It's really strange, as I like the sights, watching Youtube videos of people using Mida I always wanted one - but I just can't get crits with it.

Here's my totals so far:

Wins|Games|Kills|Assists|Deaths|K/d|Ka/d|Victory
    13|21|333|89|238|1.40|1.77|61.90%

Performance:
    Super Kills|Melee Kills|Grenade Kills|Time Played|Avg Score
    57|38|15|4h 3m 44s|3,390

Anyway, no more messing around - back to Hawksaw and 1000-Yard Stare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Actually is it possible to pull Clan level data from tDestiny Tracker?
    It'd be great if there was a Clan league!

It's really strange, as I like the sights, watching Youtube videos of people using Mida I always wanted one - but I just can't get crits with it.

You have to use the reticle as a "hat" rather than a pointer; so you want to sit it on top of the opponents head if that makes sense?

I think that there is some form of clan league coming.

• Advertisement

Not really - from what I could see the other day (had the same type of idea).

You can view overall stats and can sort via the header stats, but you can't filter out by criteria (min games etc, time last played)

Also can't compare clans, from what I can see.

http://destinytracker.com/clans/118535/irish-boards-clan-1

Could possibly copy data to excel or similar and clean it up and go from there, but it would still only be the basic stats shown.

Advertisement