Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

There is no IB for me to choose here, everything else but no IB.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Got it sorted, need to read things a bit more carefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You can also do a player comparison - which is kind of cool:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/compare/2-Conovar/2-nevelator/2-ChimpAhoy?mode=allPvP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Here's my totals so far:

Wins|Games|Kills|Assists|Deaths|K/d|Ka/d|Victory
    15|23|400|192|336|1.19|1.76|65.22%

Performance:
    Super Kills|Melee Kills|Grenade Kills|Time Played|Avg Score
    56|17|33 |4h 19m 21s|4,031

All with Gunslinger Hunter using MIDA, Ironwreath and Eliums Frenzy.

Here's my totals so far:

15|23|400|192|336|1.19|1.76|65.22%

Performance:
    56|17|33 |4h 19m 21s|4,031

All with Gunslinger Hunter using MIDA, Ironwreath and Eliums Frenzy.

Impressive kill count and average score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    17 29 291 175 394 0.74 1.18 58.62%

Super Kills Melee Kills Grenade Kills Time Played Avg Score
    24 24 23 5h 33m 53s 2,513

I think I need an 80's training montage. Still getting used to Hunter going down a lot easier than Warlock. Hopefully I can get some decent armour drops and bring up the old LL this IB as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

10|24|276|143|230|1.2|1.82|41.67%

49|39|4|4h 20m 25s|2,646

Yeah I've been having some pretty bad games this time around, quite frequently matched against parties of 6(i tend to forget to check the roster before the match)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,355 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Results are a bit meh so far, trying to close out the Shaxx questline, and Mida really held me back - I really don't understand how some people seem to wreck me with it and I can't use it.
    It's really strange, as I like the sights, watching Youtube videos of people using Mida I always wanted one - but I just can't get crits with it.
    nevelator wrote: »
    You have to use the reticle as a "hat" rather than a pointer; so you want to sit it on top of the opponents head if that makes sense?

MIDA 101
    1. ADS
    2. Pull trigger quickly, by quickly I don't mean mash quick.
    3. Kill all the things

I don't buy into all this hat malarkey, I've been an avid fan of MIDA and when I started hearing that craic I changed the way I had been using it just to see if I would improve. My findings showed, no improvement, in fact a sharp downturn, yes this could have been attributed to my change in play but I gave it 2 nights of gameplay. I tested it out in PvE after that, shooting walls, heads etc and found that the tip of the triangle is the centre of the reticle, who would have thought.

I think it's about balancing fire rate with the recoil and keeping it on target (obvious) and you don't need max fire rate when you're targeting the other side of the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Some Fusion fun from yesterday.

Jeez the range and accuracy in that first shot was insane, I would have thought that that was way outside fusion territory, I know they had already taken a little damage but jeez.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Jeez the range and accuracy in that first shot was insane, I would have thought that that was way outside fusion territory, I know they had already taken a little damage but jeez.

Yea, you can really pull off some crazy shots. It's just inconsistent, you could have the exact same shot twice, kill with one and barely wing with the other. Key is to aim low, cut them off at the knees.

Very satisfying weapon to use :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jaysus. Having a bad run today on my Warlock. Was upwards of 75% win-to-loss ratio yesterday and at about 30% for today

Way she goes boys

fecking 7 losses in a row this morning, maybe 8. Had a few good games myself within those but the teams I was on had seemingly no interest in capturing or defending anything. Then, in games that could have been wins I had a couple of stinkers. Ended with a 1.31 KD over the 9 games. Painful stuff in the end. Was rewarded with a 310 Ghost and a 315 class item. F**K YOU BUNGIE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Got a 310 shell and a 310 sidearm for my rank 5 package.

I haven't used sidearms, but I presume they're sh*t, yeah?

A Neurotic wrote: »

Sidearms are very effective upto just shy of mid range, great for shutting down shotgun chargers.

Sidearms are very effective upto just shy of mid range, great for shutting down shotgun chargers.
    If you are lucky they can take out a blade dancer just before they get to you.

I find side arms great fun. Cormac basically runs it as a primary. If you get one with range finder it is brilliant.

If you are lucky they can take out a blade dancer just before they get to you.

I find side arms great fun. Cormac basically runs it as a primary. If you get one with range finder it is brilliant.

Depends on if the blade dancer is just running straight at you or if they are using their highly evaisive attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A Neurotic wrote: »

I've been destroying with my IB side arm this go around. Dropped at 319 so I was using it to boost my light but it quickly became my main gun when I realised it was a BEAST. Always spawn with a clip and a half too so it's so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Havoc Pigeon

Shotguns are so yesterday's news

Great call on the pigeon. I was saving marks for 1 when I happened to go into my alt character a hunter and there was one lying there at 280. Couldn't believe my eyes and have no idea where it came out of. He's not even rank 40.

What an absolute raping tool. No need for a primary at all in control. Perfect game mode for it.
    Cheers dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Got a 316 shell and a 315 ash Ravens flight from my level 5 package.
    Also a super good advice dropped from a 3oc at the end of a match the first time I tried it. Used 20 more after it and nothing else dropped.

second rank 5 pack... poor roll boots and a 312 ghost.

Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

A 319 Hunter helmet was the best I got. Infused it into my main one. A crappy class item and something else equally forgettable. My worst IB rewards to date. That said, I now get to sit down and examine my 75 IB hand cannon drops and examine each for best rolls. That should pass the time nicely.

Got absolutely shag all from the packages, low level ghost and boots for the warlock and ghost and cloak for the hunter. Same old, same old.

Iron Banner finished for me - all 3 toons to rank 5. Got a good few hand cannons but no machine guns.

From the rank 5 packages:

310 Ghost - 315 Class Item
    310 Ghost - Poor roll legs
    310 Ghost - Poor roll helmet

ins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    30 77 1094 523 734 1.49 2.20 38.96%

182 57 152 14h 17m 39s 3,055

Hunter:
    4 12 144 87 112 1.29 2.06 33.33%

15 5 12 2h 13m 51s 2,710

Really do hate playing as a Hunter - just never do well with them.

Warlock

14 34 459 228 314 1.46 2.19 41.18%

84 24 50 6h 10m 45s 2,928

Titan

12 31 491 208 308 1.59 2.27 38.71%

83 28 90 5h 53m 3s 3,327

Might take a break from Destiny now for the next week and a half, til next wednesday. Well, I probably won't.... but I'll try!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

played one game with my hunter and got to rank 5 with all the bounties left over from last time. need to play as hunter cos invisibility + sidearm = fun
    314 IB AR was the best thing I got, felt a bit like a chore this time round and yet when I finished the 3rd character I strangely missed it.

Gun Kills
    Havoc Pigeon 84
    Nirwans Mercy 47
    Truth 38
    Hung Jury 17

Messed around a bit with the jade rabbit, monte carlo, suros, last word and quillems terminus but the ones above were the main guns used. Havoc Pigeon is just too much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I enjoyed the IB this week. Got all my characters to rank 5 & got a decent hand cannon from a drop. Finally got a Hakkon's Hatchet, albeit with a mediocre roll, from a rank 5 package.

My unfortunate hunter suffered from some very poor, drunken fuelled, decision making on Saturday night :D
    Char. Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    Hunter 22 37 583 226 475 1.23 1.70 59.46%
    Warlock 19 26 452 170 324 1.40 1.92 73.08%
    Titan 8 13 212 64 146 1.45 1.89 61.54%
    Total 49 76 1247 460 945 1.32 1.81 64.47%

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

My rank 5 packages have been so so, 3x310 ghosts, 316 pulse rifle, 319 boots and a 320 shotgun(I am happy with the shotgun though)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got a 320 Fusion, 316 Boots and 317 Ghost

HeipCK1.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I got a 319 Ironwreath D sidearm with skip round, hand loaded and feather mag, doubt it's of any use to me so I'll probably just infuse it into something else...

Also got a 297 Finola's peril (my mothers name) with hidden hand, finding it hard to use though...

And about 3 chest pieces and 1 pair of non iron banner boots...

• Advertisement

I had a 319 Iron Wreath which I infused into a Havoc Pigeon which had a better roll. Best destiny decision ever.

Advertisement