Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I had a 319 Iron Wreath which I infused into a Havoc Pigeon which had a better roll. Best destiny decision ever.

The Havoc Pigeon I have seems to have the same roll except it has Army of one and Feeding Frenzy where the IB one has Danger Close and cascade in 2 slots before the last 3 - should I infuse the Pigeon or keep the Hakke one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Got a 320 Fusion, 316 Boots and 317 Ghost

Lol, only 3 weapons used in the entire IB?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Lol, only 3 weapons used in the entire IB?

Yup, it works for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fieldog wrote: »
    The Havoc Pigeon I have seems to have the same roll except it has Army of one and Feeding Frenzy where the IB one has Danger Close and cascade in 2 slots before the last 3 - should I infuse the Pigeon or keep the Hakke one?

I'm no expert but anything that gives it extra range seems to do the trick. The Iron Wreath had Army of One and something else but the HP had increased range when aiming down sights and that seemed to improve performance significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What's the practical difference between range finder and hand loaded? Can find lots of advice online that Ironwreath needs range finder but it seems that hand loaded gives even better range? My Ironwreath has hand loaded...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A Neurotic wrote: »
    What's the practical difference between range finder and hand loaded? Can find lots of advice online that Ironwreath needs range finder but it seems that hand loaded gives even better range? My Ironwreath has hand loaded...

Hand loaded gives +20 to Range. (base number change)
    Rangefinder gives a 10% increase to range and increases the damage fall off ranges by 20% as well.

In terms of practical effect on gameplay... i've no idea. Cormac said rangefinder so I'm going with that!:D

A Neurotic wrote: »

Just a guess - but does rangefinder affect the "spread" of your bullets?

Range dictates the damage falloff of the gun, over a certain distance, so I'm not sure why one would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Honestly I don't feel the benefit of Rangefinder. By the time I'm choosing to swap from primary to sidearm enemies are close enough that I doubt I'm feeling the effect. Purely my play style though.

Rangefinder > Hand Loaded

I don't have the science to prove that. But it's true. I tried using a HP without Rangefinder and was underwhelmed

I can kill at about 40-50 metres with my HP with Rangefinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Also, the stat effect of rangefinder will not show up on your gun comparison/stats. Rangefinder is only effective when aiming down sights, while hand loaded (for example) is a permanent change to the stats, so hipfire too.

• Advertisement

If you're trying to hip fire a Sidearm, well you have problems that perks aren't going to help with.

Also, try get another ADS perks like "Quickdraw" or "Snapshot"

And get the Suresight IS sight.

Basically just get my HP. There's a reason I have more kills with it in IB than my Primary and Heavy

Rangefinder is only effective when aiming down sights
    Just a guess - but does rangefinder affect the "spread" of your bullets?

That might make more sense then, if it is only effective when ADS, than maybe it does change the spread of your bullets.

Well ADS affects bullet spread regardless no? :confused:

Also, I'm only posting my personal experience as I NEVER hip fire anything in FPS games, ever. I ADS with everything all the time when shooting

Also, I'm only posting my personal experience as I NEVER hip fire anything in FPS games, ever. I ADS with everything all the time when shooting

What about The Last Word?

What about The Last Word?

I don't use it, never have

Because it goes against your firm non-ADS stance? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

From my rank 5 packages I got :

A 311 Hunter Cloak
    A 312 Warlock Bond
    A 320 Ashravens Flight

Complete waste of time for me.

Because it goes against your firm non-ADS stance? :pac:

Yup (and cause it's a HC) and It's more of a habit, I'm the same with Over-Reloading.

Cest-la-vie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sure there's no real bullet spread on sidearms anyway

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You wouldn't get very far in modern console FPS if you didn't ADS to be fair since it's the core mechanic of most of them bar a select few.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You wouldn't get very far in modern console FPS if you didn't ADS to be fair since it's the core mechanic of all of them bar a select few.

You're still messing up if you never hip fire either though, plenty of situations warrant it in cod/destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I use the Last Word mostly, pre TTK I never had to ADS, post nerf I had to work that into my game, and I think they may have dropped 1 bullet from the chamber if memory serves.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    You're still messing up if you never hip fire either though, plenty of situations warrant it in cod/destiny.

It's unavoidable, unless you just let people kill you on a regular basis. :pac:

AdamD wrote: »

I agree, I just don't think I put myself in these situations much nowadays.

Only things I hip fired with was ARs before beginning to ADS (see Suros Regime Year 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Mcsirl wrote: »
    From my rank 5 packages I got :

A 311 Hunter Cloak
    A 312 Warlock Bond
    A 320 Ashravens Flight

Complete waste of time for me.

320 not bad for infusion fuel though ? I got 2 x 314 items and 1 x 314 helmet (was already wearing the same at 318!!), cracked one weekly bounty today and it gave me over 3500 rep, handy didnt have to play any more games for that character.

After the april update streams and they talk about "upto" , leaves ya kinda wondering how the new grind will go, going on the current IB dropping "upto" 320.

Got a terrible roll Pulse Rifle and God roll (but **** archetype) on the sniper. Meeeeeh

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

syboit wrote: »
    320 not bad for infusion fuel though ? I got 2 x 314 items and 1 x 314 helmet (was already wearing the same at 318!!), cracked one weekly bounty today and it gave me over 3500 rep, handy didnt have to play any more games for that character.

After the april update streams and they talk about "upto" , leaves ya kinda wondering how the new grind will go, going on the current IB dropping "upto" 320.

Yeah it's grand for infusion , just that I have nothing I want to infuse it into , most of my secondarys that I use are already 317 or above so will keep it till the update and see if anything decent drops at a lower lvl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Rank 5 package on my alt gave a 311 helmet and a 310 ghost. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Rank 5 - 317 & 311 Class Armour, 311 Shotty
    Random - Couple of armour drops, nothing I needed. 2 ghosts, 311 & 319

Pretty disappointing IB for me but the 319 ghost saves me swapping 1 piece of kit I suppose.

Connection wise Bungie still have a long way to go and it's getting really old from where I'm sitting.

Advertisement