Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dudeeile wrote: »
    Rank 5 - 317 & 311 Class Armour, 311 Shotty
    Random - Couple of armour drops, nothing I needed. 2 ghosts, 311 & 319

Pretty disappointing IB for me but the 319 ghost saves me swapping 1 piece of kit I suppose.

Connection wise Bungie still have a long way to go and it's getting really old from where I'm sitting.

I played one games on Sunday and it was like I was playing on fast-forward - people weren't jumping from location to location but moving REALLY fecking quickly - it felt really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hit 5 on all 3. Week started off great, but slowly descended into pure muck play, but rebounded Saturday/Sunday. Level 3 and 5 reward packages where full of the usual guff. Once I hit 5 on the Titan, went back to Hunter to grind for the Cloak, but to no avail. Why can't we buy class items anymore??? Why bungie, why???

Anywho, weapons wise, all I'm missing is the Sidearm and Fusion. Some tables follow now with the rolls on what I have:
    Primaries
    AR - Haakon's Hatchet
    Persistance Hand Loaded Danger Close
    Injection Mold
    Rifled Barrel

PR - Nirwen's Mercy
    Outlaw Perfect Balance Third Eye
    Braced Frame
    Injection Mold

HC - Finnala's Peril
    Spray and Play Hammer Forged Luck in the Chamber
    Explosive Rounds
    Injection Mold

SR - Colovance's Duty
    Zen Moment Field Scout Hidden Hand
    Braced Frame
    Smallbore

Specials
    SG - Deidris's Retort
    Full Auto High Caliber Rounds Replenish
    Injection Mold
    Flared Magwell

SR - Weyloran's March
    Eye of the Storm Quickdraw FireFly
    Snapshot
    Casket Mag

Heavies
    MG - Bretomart's Stand
    Hip Fire Speed Reload Hidden Hand
    Hand-Laid Stock
    Rifled Barrel

RL - Tormod's Bellows
    Grenadier Perfect Balance Tracking
    Flared Magwell
    Field Scout

Started to use the AR and have grown to really like it. The scout, damage stats wise, is on par with Mida, but my god is it slow. The HC is a HC, so........ Pulse is not too bad at all.

Did well with Sniper. Would'nt be bringing it into to trials, but for normal crucible and IB, it's a one shot headshot. Don't really use shotty's so can't compare it.

RL kills.
    MG feels very similar to Jolders Hammer.

Started to use the AR and have grown to really like it. The scout, damage stats wise, is on par with Mida, but my god is it slow. The HC is a HC, so........ Pulse is not too bad at all.

Did well with Sniper. Would'nt be bringing it into to trials, but for normal crucible and IB, it's a one shot headshot. Don't really use shotty's so can't compare it.

RL kills.
    MG feels very similar to Jolders Hammer.

The scout is a different archetype to the Mida, it is high impact, like the Jade Rabbit. I like it, but then I like the Jade Rabbit. Only difference between the two is that the Jade Rabbit has far higher aim assist, which is quite low on the IB Scout.

Impact on Mida - 37.
    Impact on Colovance - 61.

Range on Mida - 58
    Range on Colovance - 90.

all the other stats (RoF, Stability, Equip speed, Aim assit, Reload) are way better on Mida.

So yeah, it is a slower gun to fire but it packs a bigger punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Only difference between the two is that the Jade Rabbit has far higher aim assist, which is quite low on the IB Scout.

Yeah, once I realised this ir made it hard to use those other peasantry rifles.

With the Jade Rabbit, you just kind of aim near them and it's headshot city.....

God what a f**king gun

The scout is a different archetype to the Mida, it is high impact, like the Jade Rabbit. I like it, but then I like the Jade Rabbit. Only difference between the two is that the Jade Rabbit has far higher aim assist, which is quite low on the IB Scout.

Impact on Mida - 37.
    Impact on Colovance - 61.

Range on Mida - 58
    Range on Colovance - 90.

all the other stats (RoF, Stability, Equip speed, Aim assit, Reload) are way better on Mida.

:o My mistake. I was comparing the Trials Scout Inward Lamp to Mida, which has similar impact stats.

Yeah, Colovance's is a harder hitting gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Covolance feels like you're carrying a tank in your hands, utterly unusable. Handling stat must be a minus figure

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah, once I realised this ir made it hard to use those other peasantry rifles.

With the Jade Rabbit, you just kind of aim near them and it's headshot city.....

God what a f**king gun

Don't mind Colvance to be honest, i've never found the aim assist to be that big a deal. I used it quite a bit over the Jade Rabbit for a while, can't remember why.... think it was cause it was a new, relatively awesome, gun to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm crap with Mida, but I like Colovances Duty, however, I found with Colovances Duty - I was constantly being out gunned by Mida, especially in Trials.
    The rate of fire on Mida is the key factor - there's a quicker TTK with Mida, Colovances is easier to use, but has a slower TTK.

YWith the Jade Rabbit, you just kind of aim near them and it's headshot city.....

Here I am using mu skills like a chump :pac:

I'm crap with Mida, but I like Colovances Duty, however, I found with Colovances Duty - I was constantly being out gunned by Mida, especially in Trials.
    The rate of fire on Mida is the key factor - there's a quicker TTK with Mida, Colovances is easier to use, but has a slower TTK.
    Yeah, one vs one Mida will win. Ranged engagements in 6v6 for colovance and the rabbit suits.

• Advertisement

Iron Banner Clash on Tuesday

Selling the:
    Auto Rifle
    Rocket Launcher
    Boots
    Class Items
    • Lord Saladin's inventory has been updated with items at Ranks 3-5, some with re-rolled perks
    • Rank package rewards have been adjusted:
    • Increased Rank 3 package Artifact to 320 Light
    • Increased Rank 5 package Ghost to 320 Light
    • Rank 5 packages can now reward items from the current event
    • Iron Banner Armor and Weapons can now be earned at Rank 0 at the end-of-activity
    • Removed Legendary Engrams from the possible end-of-activity rewards list, creating a greater chance to receive Iron Banner specific items
    • "Iron Domination" daily bounty now requires completing a match with a personal score of 1500 instead of winning a match with 2500
    • "Iron Versatility" bounty now only requires 7 Heavy Weapon kills to complete
    • Fixed an issue where players below Rank 5 could roll a reward they were ineligible for, resulting in no reward being given
    • Fixed an issue where the Iron Banner ship was missing a part of its frame

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's the LL point where I'm not a complete muppet? Is 320 ok?

Meh - light levels are pretty low:

[ul]
    [li]Increased Rank 3 package Artifact to 320 Light[/li]

[li]Increased Rank 5 package Ghost to 320 Light[/li]

[/ul]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A lot of the IB gear is pretty good for crucible, was hoping they would up the light level to 335... If it takes you a week to earn an artifact / ghost then let it drop at a high level.[/font]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have they upped the light level of package / post-game drops?[/font]

320 should be fine - the percentage differences aren't much at that level. I think at 325 you would suffer no damage loss (or incoming damage increase) to anyone.

As far as I know, the LL damage differences are done in batches of 10 light - so at 320 you would be taking slightly more damage (and doing less youself) vs a 331-335 guardian - but it is maybe 1% or something like that. Similarly you would only notice a buff vs guardians below 310 light.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think that's just the ghost and artifact Chimp. Pretty sure I saw it drops gear up to 330.

[ul]
    [/ul]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A lot of the IB gear is pretty good for crucible, was hoping they would up the light level to 335... If it takes you a week to earn an artifact / ghost then let it drop at a high level.[/font]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have they upped the light level of package / post-game drops?[/font]
    Add your reply here.
    The drops are based on your level, so like current drops.
    The ghost thing is weird - do they simply mean it is no certain to drop at 320? Cause you could get a 320 Ghost from the Rank 5 package anyway - I did (and also a lot of 311-319 ones)

Selling the:
    Auto Rifle
    Rocket Launcher
    Boots
    Class Items

Yay, about time they made it back into his inventory. Still missing the cloak.

[ul]
    [/ul]

The ghost thing is weird - do they simply mean it is no certain to drop at 320? Cause you could get a 320 Ghost from the Rank 5 package anyway - I did (and also a lot of 311-319 ones)
    I thought that alright, although I've only ever got a 310 ghost from a package.

Previously we had:
    Artifact 310 - 10 Light levels below max.
    Ghost 310+ - up to max light levels.

Now we have:
    Artifact 320 - 15 light levels below max.
    Ghost 320 - 15 light levels below max.

So the rewards are actually dropping with light levels further away from max light than previous IB's?

Yay, about time they made it back into his inventory. Still missing the cloak.

Class Items are handy alright.
    The Hunter has a cool looking cape. Pretty sure Conovar was wearing it yesterday.
    Looks like this

The Hunter has a cool looking cape. Pretty sure Conovar was wearing it yesterday.
    Looks like this

My hunter finds it quite handy when you head off for one of your smoking breaks. #quicknap

But that isn't the IB Class Item, it was the Spectar Class item - Abuses was wearing the IB PS exclusive class item on the nightfall run - the one they game up knitting halfway through.

• Advertisement

I really wanted the Hunter wolfs head cloak, I was missing it for a couple of IB's,

Now I have it - I'm so over that cloak :pac:

P.S. Exclusive Warlock bond is badass too.
    It's a shame they really haven't got any standout items for Titans.

They are. Last time out I got a 319 Bond from the Rank 5 package and a 315 Mark, which is now 326 thanks to the Raid the Wednesday night. Tried my luck grinding for the cloak last IB but to no avail.

I've just left my Titan class item as my main class item - have it at 335 now. Same with my warlock one (333 now). The Hunter one is only 320 I think, I think it looks rubbish so i had no interest in infusing it to 335. Even my lagging jacket cloak is nicer looking. (It fecking IS, Cormac.)

Even my lagging jacket cloak is nicer looking. (It fecking IS, Cormac.)

Keep telling yourself that buddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Selling the:
    Auto Rifle
    Rocket Launcher
    Boots
    Class Items

Yay, I'll finally get the new Warlock bond and I won't have to keep swapping back to my crappy year 1 bond. :o I still love Iron Banner. Would prefer Contol, but Clash is also good.

Didn't think I'd have levelled my characters enough to do IB this month, but the drops in CoE and faction packages etc have been great since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"Iron Domination" daily bounty now requires completing a match with a personal score of 1500 instead of winning a match with 2500

Still not sure why they made such a big change to this bounty. Surely ta feck you should at least have to win a match to get a bounty called domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Still not sure why they made such a big change to this bounty. Surely ta feck you should at least have to win a match to get a bounty called domination.

The point score was a bit on the high side for Clash so I can understand lowering it, but I agree that you should still have to win the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The point score was a bit on the high side for Clash so I can understand lowering it, but I agree that you should still have to win the match.

1,500 isn't even 1/6 of the overall score you need to win a Clash match

uWXQtVQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

1,500 isn't even 1/6 of the overall score you need to win a Clash match

uWXQtVQ.jpg

I think 2500 was to high for Clash (always got it but it was touch and go most times) but 1500 is way to low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think 2500 was to high for Clash (always got it but it was touch and go most times) but 1500 is way to low.

Yeah, if they were to change it to anything it should have been 2000. Still a bit tricky in clash, but not a cake walk in Control or Rift either.

Advertisement