Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

+1 for IB rift, sure give it a go. If your getting creamed it tends to finish quickly, stack up your boon and onto the next match. Should be good when running as a team, better than clash I feel, with an objective on the map easier to co-ordinate.

Just remember to try to keep those 525 rep bounties till about the 3rd or 4th day, rep can increase to almost 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac - we were ALL saying last night that your formatting is shameful. Step up your game, bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Cormac - we were ALL saying last night that your formatting is shameful. Step up your game, bro.

Says You? F**king state of your Signature! :pac:

I'll reformat it shortly.

AFAIK the Medallions are worth the same as a Win (50xp) now though.

Bungie keep moving the goalposts..... very annoying

#TableFormattingIssues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Internet connection has been sporadic but I made a special effort to get connected and thank your post.

Can a mod please move Post #36's updated and formatted content into Post #1 so please since I can't edit post 1?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Can a mod please move Post #36's updated and formatted content into Post #1 so please since I can't edit post 1?

Did it there, going to delete the one above as it's huge. Better off PM'ing or reporting the post if you want us to edit stuff as we might miss it in thread. :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did it there, going to delete the one above as it's huge. Better off PM'ing or reporting the post if you want us to edit stuff as we might miss it in thread. :)

Cool, thanks, will do :)

I will probably need to make (minor) amendments each month anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Liking the look of the exclusive Warlock helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

To be fair you did also say since Day 1 how great it was that they were introducing Zone Control like it was gods gift to Destinys Strategic PvP :p
    Haha fair play, I admit that was far more turgid than I was expecting.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    80+ games to figure it out? I think it takes 2 or 3 games to have them pegged, they're not unique gametypes to destiny nor do you have to drastically change the way you play from control(in the case of rift at least). Only thing thats different to other shooters is you can win relatively easily without playing the objective though.

Does anyone even play rift? https://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/doyier/5 apparently I'm top 1100 in ELO and I don't think I've touched it since week 1.

Rift tactics = control the spark area. Don't even need to run it far, just shut down the area where it spawns so the other team can't run it. Chelsea tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Liking the look of the exclusive Warlock helmet.

Yeah, the IB gear is some of the best looking gear I think:
    Titan
    IB_Titan_Gear.jpg

Hunter
    IB_Hunter_Gear.jpg

Warlock
    IB_Warlock_Gear.jpg

Exclusive
    IB_Sony_Gear.jpg

I'd also like to get my hands on the Scout Rifle:
    IB_Scout_Rifle.jpg

• Advertisement

How do you get it to actually look like that? Default shader yeah? f**k that.... just give us a 3rd and 4th IB shader Green/Brown Brown/Green

Then we can all play at being Wood Elves

How do you get it to actually look like that? Default shader yeah? f**k that.... just give us a 3rd and 4th IB shader Green/Brown Brown/Green

Then we can all play at being Wood Elves

15 minutes on the isolation step, little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm of 2 minds about Rift.
    I think having every second or third IB game as Rift is a great idea.
    But I think having every game as Rift, will just burn me out on both Rift an IB...

I'm going to give this round of IB a go, I already have 1 daily and 1 weekly bounties completed and saved on both my Warlock and Hunter. So there's less of a grind to level 5.

I'm more looking forward to having a bit of craic in the fireteam than the Rift, to be honest.

Already have both helmets on my Warlock and Hunter too. But ave no class items.

I'm of 2 minds about Rift.
    I think having every second or third IB game as Rift is a great idea.
    But I think having every game as Rift, will just burn me out on both Rift an IB...

I'm going to give this round of IB a go, I already have 1 daily and 1 weekly bounties completed and saved on both my Warlock and Hunter. So there's less of a grind to level 5.

I'm more looking forward to having a bit of craic in the fireteam than the Rift, to be honest.

Already have both helmets on my Warlock and Hunter too. But ave no class items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I thought the same of clash, but enjoyed the mixed playlists. I'm looking forward to rift, I think being IB will raise it a few levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Looking like it might be a better experience this time around- going to be primarily connection based

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14278

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Looking like it might be a better experience this time around- going to be primarily connection based

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14278

Fair play to them - that is a much quicker, forthright and player focused response from Bungie than I have come to expect.

Fair play to them - that is a much quicker, forthright and player focused response from Bungie than I have come to expect.

That is a suspiciously forthright response...

I know they've been adding Crucible playlists to the Skill Based Match Making iteratively, my guess is they just forgot to add the SBMM algorithm to the Iron Banner playlist :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think 3v3 modes and Rumble were having real SBMM issues, not 6v6..

AdamD wrote: »
    I think 3v3 modes and Rumble were having real SBMM issues, not 6v6..

But IB is where most of the play will be this week so if they are serious about looking to gather data on both types of MM, then it makes sense to use IB for this. It is the best option this week.

Plus, would say more people play the 6vs6 game types, with 3vs3 and Rumble for the more dedicated and competitive PvP player. 3vs3 and Rumble are, imo, modes that are more suited to SBMM than Control, Clash or Rift are.

• Advertisement

So who else is going to be grinding IB this week?

I plan to, but finding the time for it is gonna be difficult with Raiding, The Division and Borderlands taking some attention.

Probably with the Warlock for the most part.

To be fair, the "Grind" is almost non existent now.

I've hit Rank 5 with characters in about 8 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

After playing early in the week of the last Iron Banner I was kinda burned out by the time the weekend rolled around so planning to take it easy and follow Cormac's guide.

Not too pushed with the fusion rifle tbh.

Just do the 3 Dailies in like 2 matches each day from Wednesday onwards. Then at the weekend power level your 2nd and 3rd
    Simples!!!!

The Scout rifle is amazing, by the way. I'm gonna be sad when a lot more people are rocking it. It and the Jade Rabbit are my go to weapons, in PvP and PvE

The Scout rifle is amazing, by the way. I'm gonna be sad when a lot more people are rocking it. It and the Jade Rabbit are my go to weapons, in PvP and PvE

Never heard of Jade Rabbit. Can anyone give an in-depth review.

Think of a not as good Mida... and you're about there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Obvious red cloak waving for Cormac. Where is he?

Advertisement