Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Cormac... wrote: »
    They won't do that for the sake of 30 minutes

Plus, it's all about the drops. A lad on reddit said he got 3x 334+ drops in 6 matches

I'm seeing at least 3 legendary drops per match, all LL-appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    They won't do that for the sake of 30 minutes

Plus, it's all about the drops. A lad on reddit said he got 3x 334+ drops in 6 matches

7 games for me and 1 330 drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

335 autos are dropping all around me, but slightly out of my reach :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only got one decent drop last night - and even then it wasn't something I needed - a 335 class item. That was out of 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Only drop I got was a 331 IB RL. Straight into Truth.

In other news, Fusions are fun, especially when you stop a FOH mid animation.

• Advertisement

oh yeah - had a weird one last night where me, captain, solvable and nev were in a fire team together - and when we match made into the next game myself and Captain were in a game on 618 and the other lads were in a game on Pantheon - while still in game chat together.

Was a funny one.

"Hammers near our spawn!"
    "Not only do I not know which spawn, I don't even know which map!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

oh yeah - had a weird one last night where me, captain, solvable and nev were in a fire team together - and when we match made into the next game myself and Captain were in a game on 618 and the other lads were in a game on Pantheon - while still in game chat together.

Was a funny one.

"Hammers near our spawn!"
    "Not only do I not know which spawn, I don't even know which map!"

Yeah I have noticed weird glitches in CoE and in PvP since the April update, I must get them on video after I get the video of Dude up later on :P

In other news, Fusions are fun, especially when you stop a FOH mid animation.

A guy shottyed me mid FoH last night, and tea bagged me. Then immediately killed me on respawn and tea bagged again. I was in his lobby for about 4 matches, didn't give a damn about strategy or tactics... I was raging, and we chased each other around the map trading tea bags.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    A guy shottyed me mid FoH last night, and tea bagged me. Then immediately killed me on respawn and tea bagged again. I was in his lobby for about 4 matches, didn't give a damn about strategy or tactics... I was raging, and we chased each other around the map trading tea bags.

Lyons.... bringing guardians together :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lyons.... bringing guardians together :P

If only there where 3 teabaging a fourth, you'd have a genuine pyramid teabag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

some good drops allright, used one of the crucible boosters last night aswell and you get some decent rep for shaxx

anyone know what the bounties are for today?

Snapshot of last nights stats.

Found I was using the Fusion almost as much as my Primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Snapshot of last nights stats.

Found I was using the Fusion almost as much as my Primary.

Finding fusions and high rate of fire autos popular in this iron banner. Started to use atheons epilogue on my titan, dropped my LL to 315 but got on just fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Gave the Jade Rabbit a go in IB last night. I'm finally part of the Y2 meta!

:P

I've finally started getting some gains with the endless MIDA reticule debacle, and it's going OK for me.
    I have to admit it though, started using the Jade Rabbit on sniping maps to great effect over the weekend.

OOOooooo look at me, I have a Jade Rabbit OOOOooooo

Meanwhile, I'm...
    70869d2e9419255908f263acdb3950a9722e762669dd89b9a8de34bd435737ca.jpg

Pfffttttt Jade Rabbit, its no flaming hammer so im not impressed :P

OOOooooo look at me, I have a Jade Rabbit OOOOooooo

Got a Jade Rabbit, a Thunderlord and a Dragons Breath from the raid Monday night. Not bad.

Got a Jade Rabbit, a Thunderlord and a Dragons Breath from the raid Monday night. Not bad.

That is a good haul alright.

• Advertisement

That was just the Oryx checkpoint too, the Loot Pinata, as Generic calls it.

That was just the Oryx checkpoint too, the Loot Pinata, as Generic calls it.

Yeah I got 2x 333 Hand Cannons, Zen Meteor 331, 2 x335 Rocket Launchers so was happy enough plus the armour drops :)

The 3 exotics made up for the 320 helmet drop :pac:

The 3 exotics made up for the 320 helmet drop :pac:

Yeah i only got a 320 helmet too :eek: Must slap the head of oryx for the crappy rewards now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Nothing groundbreaking, but this felt... enjoyable

Twice last night I finished first place on the winning team, but the IB weekly bounty for top overall score didn't tick for me. Anyone else encounter this or am I doing something wrong??

p.s. on the subject of doing something wrong... I must post the clip of our dodgy run of Goggleballs last night where I subbed in as gaze holder. I've done it before and wasn't worried about it, I was pretty sure I was holding his gaze. Bit he was barely shooting darts if at all, and would quickly look away from me or start attack with his head shooty beam. I was confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Twice last night I finished first place on the winning team, but the IB weekly bounty for top overall score didn't tick for me. Anyone else encounter this or am I doing something wrong??

p.s. on the subject of doing something wrong... I must post the clip of our dodgy run of Goggleballs last night where I subbed in as gaze holder. I've done it before and wasn't worried about it, I was pretty sure I was holding his gaze. Bit he was barely shooting darts if at all, and would quickly look away from me or start attack with his head shooty beam. I was confused.
    Has to be the top overall score, i.e you need to win the best around medal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Skill Based Matchmaking is ****ing horrendous

Good loot drops all over the place last night, and this IB in general. Not bothered by, or hoping for anything from my level 5 package in particular. (Although wouldn't say no to the IB sidearm to complete the collection)

• Advertisement

I think I have the video from Oryx where he was taking half an hour to slam and all :P

Advertisement