Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    Good loot drops all over the place last night, and this IB in general. Not bothered by, or hoping for anything from my level 5 package in particular. (Although wouldn't say no to the IB sidearm to complete the collection)

I have to say, I was pretty happy with the loot drops. There seemed to be lots of IB gear dropping all around last night.

Does the light level of the gear you have equipped affect the level of the gear dropped? My Alt characters PvP gear is lower than my max available light level, so I think the IB gear is dropping at lower levels than my max light level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to say, I was pretty happy with the loot drops. There seemed to be lots of IB gear dropping all around last night.

Does the light level of the gear you have equipped affect the level of the gear dropped? My Alt characters PvP gear is lower than my max available light level, so I think the IB gear is dropping at lower levels than my max light level.

Yeah they drop at your light level upwards :)

Yup, I don't have enough armour / planetary materials to max out my Alt accounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    I think I have the video from Oryx where he was taking half an hour to slam and all

Leave it to Gowel's hosting to provide the slowest Oryx encounter known to man!! Oryx clearly fell out of favour with the darkness last night!! We had all the shooty ads down while we were waiting for him to decide if he'd slam! :D

Gear will drop at light levels above your currently equipped gear, not your theoretical highest level. Keep that in mind before collecting loot in KF or decrypting exotics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Leave it to Gowel's hosting to provide the slowest Oryx encounter known to man!! Oryx clearly fell out of favour with the darkness last night!! We had all the shooty ads down while we were waiting for him to decide if he'd slam! :D

In fairness we had the shooty ads and all other ads dead long before he even contemplated slamming. But on the Oryx slow runs I did notice when the knights spawned they were moving pretty dam fast.

• Advertisement

Gear will drop at light levels above your currently equipped gear, not your theoretical highest level. Keep that in mind before collecting loot in KF or decrypting exotics.

Yup, it's not really a problem when raiding / decrypting engrams. You don't really get the chance to maximise your light between every match though...
    So I'm in the space, should I play with my highest light level gear, or slightly lower light level gear optimised for PvP.

My last few rewards were ~5 light levels below my highest level gear...

Yup, it's not really a problem when raiding / decrypting engrams. You don't really get the chance to maximise your light between every match though... So I'm in the space, should I play with my highest light level gear, or slightly lower light level gear optimised for PvP.

Having high level raid gear is no longer a concern of mine, and I'll throw on any ould jumper for KF, the KF specific perks are outweighed but your much higher light level I think. My new default gear is essentially becoming my PvP set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Having high level raid gear is no longer a concern of mine, and I'll throw on any ould jumper for KF, the KF specific perks are outweighed but your much higher light level I think. My new default gear is essentially becoming my PvP set up.

Its been a long time since I considered 'reload speed in the aura' and 'higher agility when between dimensions' as anything worth considering!

My Titan uses the same armour for PvP and PvE. Double nades...

My Warlock would change though - in PvE I almost don't bother with exotics (might use the double fusion nade chest if doing a solar ability bounty), in PvP i'll switch between Ram and Manacles. Might drop me from 334 to 333.

Hunter will go from a Void guy with Graviton forfeit in PvE to Gunslinger with Young Ahamkara Spine gauntlets - doesn't effect my LL though.

Found special ammo is extremely scarce in Clash... It's a real pain in the ass when you're sniping, along with the nerf to the amount of special you pick up with each box - there's always some blueberry going around popping the special boxes before I can get to them.

The ammo nerfs may have made sense for Trials, but special is so scarce in 6v6.

Not to mention I seem to have regressed with my sniping, so I'm wasting a lot of bullets. Might give the fusion rifle a blast tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Found special ammo is extremely scarce in Clash... It's a real pain in the ass when you're sniping, along with the nerf to the amount of special you pick up with each box - there's always some blueberry going around popping the special boxes before I can get to them.

Not to mention I seem to have regressed with my sniping, so I'm wasting a lot of bullets. Might give the fusion rifle a blast tonight...

I always pop every green ammo box I pass. My view is if I open it the enemy can't have it so they loose out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I always pop every green ammo box I pass. My view is if I open it the enemy can't have it so they loose out.

This is what everyone should be doing. If you can deny special ammo for those camping sniper bastwerds, or the bum rushing shoulder charging shotty titans, then your doing yourself and your team a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yup, it's not really a problem when raiding / decrypting engrams. You don't really get the chance to maximise your light between every match though...
    So I'm in the space, should I play with my highest light level gear, or slightly lower light level gear optimised for PvP.

My last few rewards were ~5 light levels below my highest level gear...

I'd go for the highest light level gear in your situation (and with your MAD SKILLS), the drops are pretty good so far so you're doing yourself out of high light stuff to infuse into your PvP gear. Forget about that PvE stuff for the future, my pref has always been to up the PvP gear.

I spent most of last night sniping, I get what you mean about special, the lads were probably sick of hearing me ask about special crates.
    emmetkenny wrote: »

I used to do this and although I still do, I make sure to call it so if anyone needs then they'll make their way over. Most of the lads were at this last night, giving calls of time to ammo and location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Might give the fusion rifle a blast tonight...

I've been having great fun with fusions. Really enjoying the change of pace from sniping. All you need to do is get used to pre charging. Much higher success rate doing that.

Might get Plan C from ipad later and try it out.

[quote="dudeeile;9954I used to do this and although I still do, I make sure to call it so if anyone needs then they'll make their way over. Most of the lads were at this last night, giving calls of time to ammo and location.[/quote]

I'll always call it if I'm in a party. Otherwise - Outs My Way Scrubz :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    Class Items are handy alright.
    The Hunter has a cool looking cape. Pretty sure Conovar was wearing it yesterday.
    Looks like this

So Conovar's modelling now.
    racso1975 wrote: »
    tumblr_o69mkklwsy1qjnhqgo1_1280.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

Petking has changed his relationship status to madly in love with the Jade Rabbit.

Petking has changed his relationship status to madly in love with the Jade Rabbit.

NERF IT BUNGIE!

Stats for getting my three toons to rank 5.

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    38 59 831 339 470 1.77 2.49 64.41%

Hunter:

5 8 112 35 64 1.75 2.30 62.50%

Got my first ever phatom medal on my hunter - without realising it. Had to go back and check out which game it was: one on 618 which I didn't think I had actually done well in. Good ol' tripmines!

Titan

19 28 434 161 225 1.93 2.64 67.86%

Warlock

14 23 285 143 181 1.57 2.36 60.87%

I'm really finding this IB frustrating.

The LL drop off makes a big difference as I'm 322 and coming up against a lot of 334/335 LL guys.

They seems to be outgunning me with everything (although I'm raking in the assists)

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory 5 8 112 35 64 1.75 2.30 62.50%

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory 19 28 434 161 225 1.93 2.64 67.86%

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory 14 23 285 143 181 1.57 2.36 60.87%

Crazy to see how few games you had to play on your hunter to reach 5. I'm assuming he was the last toon you ran and had bounties ready to cash in from the get go?

• Advertisement

Crazy to see how few games you had to play on your hunter to reach 5. I'm assuming he was the last toon you ran and had bounties ready to cash in from the get go?

had one weekly that i cashed in on the hunter - and I think 8 bounties in him to complete and cash in yesterday - most of them were easy and hit at over 500 per bounty, so was very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

only game I remember was one my team was losing the whole way through. about a minute to go hammers popped. Nuff said

Got some nice stuff - 333 IB fusion which may or may not be any good. It's ages since I used fusions.

Got boots twice and a chest piece from rank 5. I already have enough boots and heavy infusion fuel to get me to the next expansion.

The only real drops I got were boots, boots and more boots...

The light levels from the IB drops were pretty crap really - but one thing I did notice was I had 2 Vanguard packages and 1 FWC package, with some pretty decent light level drops - 2 sets of boots again of course :pac:

So I guess the rep boosters are the way to go!

The light levels from the IB drops were pretty crap really

Like other activities, the drops were incremental. I played my 3 characters at ~332 and drops were 333 to 335.

Just after rechecking, I noticed most of the light level drops from IB were ~5 LL above my current gear.

For example:
    IB boots dropped at: 324.
    2 x Vanguard boots dropped at: 327.
    IB Machine gun dropped at: 328 - 5 LL above my equipped gear.

Although if I think about it, that's probably down to the fact I had maxed my light level before opening the Crucible packages. So I got the most bang for my buck from the Crucible drops - Infusion fuel wise.

all my drops were 334 or 335.

All my characters run Int/Dis builds for the most part all of the time so my light level doesn't change much between PvP and PvE - always 333 or higher. Have my Titan on 335 on my 'go-to' build', goes down to 334 when I take off my exotic - just so I can run with Spektar helmet, arms and chest with a nice red glow. just need the Spektar boots with a nice roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Playing IB Clash on my own was painful. I'm going to go ahead and blame SBMM and the fact it was Clash. Every match was super close.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had a good run on my Titan playing IB. Think I was rank 4 when I lost my first game. It felt like ages anyway.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Playing IB Clash on my own was painful. I'm going to go ahead and blame SBMM and the fact it was Clash. Every match was super close.

Didn't do a single game solo. Team of three was the least.

Advertisement