Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have played no IB this season.

I think I needed the break. Only logging in once a week now to get my 3 cosmetic Sterling Treasure packages now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,672 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I have played no IB this season.

I think I needed the break. Only logging in once a week now to get my 3 cosmetic Sterling Treasure packages now

pfft, quitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I had a quick look at it yesterday and didn't think the perks on it were great. Although my check list is quite short.
    - Does it have range?
    - No
    - Pass

played one game this morning and got one as a post game drop. Happy enough with that, will be the first time in Y2 not getting to level 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Only go my main Character up to 5 this time around. Lag was atrocious for the most part. Getting thrown into matches that were already on was another downer.

Got some okay drops and a few yellows due to 3oC but it was a bit sh!t if i'm honest.

Grinding for my FWC exotic cloak atm which is also a pain. Is there only one part to this? If I get the 10 strikes done and the 10 wins in crucible will this be it or am I in for a world of pain after this step?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PlainP wrote: »
    Only go my main Character up to 5 this time around. Lag was atrocious for the most part. Getting thrown into matches that were already on was another downer.

Got some okay drops and a few yellows due to 3oC but it was a bit sh!t if i'm honest.

Grinding for my FWC exotic cloak atm which is also a pain. Is there only one part to this? If I get the 10 strikes done and the 10 wins in crucible will this be it or am I in for a world of pain after this step?

I have a few cloaks so it can't be that hard. The worst part is getting the faction to 25 the rest is a breeze.

• Advertisement

Given I rarely ever play strikes, doing 10 heroics was a pain

I have a few cloaks so it can't be that hard.

The worst part is getting the faction to 25 the rest is a breeze.

Ooooohh look at me!! I have loads of cloaks.....(I'm a filthy casual so have only just reached 25!)

Yes getting the faction to 25 was the hardest. My crucible is about to go to 25 as well soon. Will I also get a quest off him for the same thing?

Ooooohh look at me!! I have loads of cloaks.....(I'm a filthy casual so have only just reached 25!)

Yes getting the faction to 25 was the hardest. My crucible is about to go to 25 as well soon. Will I also get a quest off him for the same thing?

Despite my Destiny addiction I don't play a lot of PvP so I don't think I have the crucible rank up to 25 - it's more like 4.

You don't get anything else for hitting 25 with any other faction.

And in fact, it irks me that when you hit level 25 and finish the quest with DO, it only unlocks the Class Item for THAT class.

Kind of feel like it should unlock all 3 of them at the kiosk :/

Given I rarely ever play strikes, doing 10 heroics was a pain

I roped my son into doing some with me yesterday. Its fairly painful when you keep getting the one where the yoke falls from the sky and you have to stand around it waiting for Ghost to decrypt the sh!t (think it's the SABER one?) disaster....

• Advertisement

I roped my son into doing some with me yesterday. Its fairly painful when you keep getting the one where the yoke falls from the sky and you have to stand around it waiting for Ghost to decrypt the sh!t (think it's the SABER one?) disaster....

Tried doing that when it was a NF. Three Hunters - the very definition of painful.l

Tried doing that when it was a NF. Three Hunters - the very definition of painful.l

Titan the first part, then swap once that section is done. Never do that strike without a titan. It can be done, but just a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lag was no worse than usual tbh, though I did have a match earlier where lag worked in my favour for once.

I was throwing knives and grenades and getting kills with complete misses. I was also getting quite a few kills on enemies that had already gone around corners too, rather than the other way around for once. I was on a green bar too, checked it when this stuff started happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,353 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Swords are your friend there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

From what I remember that should be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Didn't really get into this Iron Banner.

Got the Warlock to level 3 last night, have to say, I didn't enjoy it at all.
    I played 1 or 2 enjoyable games but for the most part the games were a disaster.
    • Spawning into games that were already under way.
    • Lag!!! Such lag.
    • Spawn killing, I've never been spawn killed so much in Destiny, this was on another level.

Everything just really added up to a pretty negative experience. I'm not sure what Bungie have done, or maybe it's the falloff in player count but they need to do something to bring back the old Crucible!

maybe it's the falloff in player count but they need to do something to bring back the old Crucible!

Playing solo ain't as good since you end up in joining so many matches in progress it becomes a vicious circle.

Playing solo ain't as good since you end up in joining so many matches in progress it becomes a vicious circle.

To be honest, I always liked playing I.B. solo too. I always felt I did better when I was solo. Especially in Control (not so much Clash).
    So I was looking forward to sticking in Destiny and playing 4 or 5 games, but every game just seemed to be a bit of a disaster for me.

Buy, yea if the numbers of people playing are down so much, maybe a fireteam is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

IB control solo leads to immediate death scrambling to capture B on your own, punching snipers who won't push capture zones, and further damage to your controller which is already on the way out. To be avoided!

PetKing wrote: »
    punching snipers who won't push capture zones

That's me. I don't mind snipers if they are mobile or helping us keep and objective..... but f**king hell stop hard scoping some unimportant area of the map that has no objective importance

If they pull this cr@p in Salvage or Skirmish when I need a win and not a participation medal, I wave at them, take my ghost out, wave again and then leave. I make sure I'm standing in front of their scope when I do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Useless snipers are bad but running off to B on your own is too. Just feeding the opposition points and supers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    IB control solo leads to immediate death scrambling to capture B on your own, punching snipers who won't push capture zones, and further damage to your controller which is already on the way out. To be avoided!
    That's me. I don't mind snipers if they are mobile or helping us keep and objective..... but f**king hell stop hard scoping some unimportant area of the map that has no objective importance

If they pull this cr@p in Salvage or Skirmish when I need a win and not a participation medal, I wave at them, take my ghost out, wave again and then leave. I make sure I'm standing in front of their scope when I do so.

I like to snipe, but I make sure it's either a control point (B on Shores of Time or Bannerfall) or a choke point (Bridge or B Heavy on Frontier). Nearly went unbroken on Frontier and have never gotten close since.

I like to snipe, but I make sure it's either a control point (B on Shores of Time or Bannerfall) or a choke point (Bridge or B Heavy on Frontier). Nearly went unbroken on Frontier and have never gotten close since.

I'm talking about the kind of people that randomly stand up high in Blind Watch by A sniping across map to the roof by the back of C when the other 11 players are engaged in a bloody battle for B.

Their KDR with a whopping total of 6 kills is most impressive. A whole 1 kill every 2 mins. Ka-ching!
    AdamD wrote: »
    Useless snipers are bad but running off to B on your own is too. Just feeding the opposition points and supers.

If I play Control solo and feel like about 2 or 3 minutes in that I'm the only one making a conscious effort to cap B, I leave.
    It's very rare you win a match being down to 1 cap zone the whole game.

If I play Control solo and feel like about 2 or 3 minutes in that I'm the only one making a conscious effort to cap B, I leave.

I played 1 game last night where people were running away from B instead of capping it - because there was no enemies around!

We were losing FFS!

I did rage quit 1 or 2 games last night but for the most part, most of the games were very close, I did find I was losing way more than I won though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm talking about the kind of people that randomly stand up high in Blind Watch by A sniping across map to the roof by the back of C when the other 11 players are engaged in a bloody battle for B.

Their KDR with a whopping total of 6 kills is most impressive. A whole 1 kill every 2 mins. Ka-ching!

When I find myself as the only person running at B, I stick with my team mates and help them push up the map, it really does help. I can't stand the WHY IS NOBODY GOING B WITH ME - guy doesn't realise his whole team is dead and waiting to spawn in, or are about 20 feet behind him, in which case hes better off slowing down and waiting for them. Better off waiting for a feasible push than 'playing the objective' at all times. Its a wierd game mode, sometimes you've gotta sit back and build up momentum before trying to get the 2 cap, reduces the amount of kills the opposition with points bonus.

Soloed this time round, and had a great time.
    Very few games that I joined in progress. Very little lag, aside from what I know is my own.
    Got stomped once or twice, but won just over 50% of matches.

Fun was had, many a slow sniper waved at.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Iron banner is back next week. Clash is the mode; loot will be helmets, class items, scout rifles & machine guns.

Anyone planning on running I.B. this time around?
    Seems like last I.B. most people opted for the Lone Wolf option.

I'm up the walls with work the last few weeks, so have been only really online really late, so Destiny hasn't really been an option for me.

Not sure if I'll rank up to Level 5, but I may jump in for a few games.

i'll be running it, as ever. hopefully in a team, always find it easier in a team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah I suppose Ill be on to do a bit so dont mind if its lone wolf or with a team tbh.

Advertisement