Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Was rough coming back to the game after a month or so, couldn't hit a barn door with a primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Install got corrupted yesterday evening when I was 100 rep from rank 5 and the scout rifle, managed to get it downloaded over night and buy it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Friday was hilarious - played 5 or 6 games but something wasn't right. Havoc Pigeon was all funny, then the game crashed. When it came back the HP was back to it's glorious self.
    Grasp of Maloc is brutal in PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Was rough coming back to the game after a month or so, couldn't hit a barn door with a primary.

Same as that, and I felt like I was shooting a water pistol at everybody... Checked my weekly stats so far on Destiny tracker. I'm rocking a 1.01 K/D ratio :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Same as that, and I felt like I was shooting a water pistol at everybody... Checked my weekly stats so far on Destiny tracker. I'm rocking a 1.01 K/D ratio :o

Mine is only about 0.6 :pac: I dont mind tho as long as I get it back to a decent level for RoI :D

• Advertisement

Drunk 0.5 Sober 1.3 Overall 0.84
    although my assists go through the roof playing with certain people

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

Robbing all my kills there gims where ya :P

One thing I have noticed is how wildly my K/D goes in between games.
    I'll either get a 1.5 K/D or a 0.5 K/D game - there is no middle ground...

And my victory is 38% :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I've had 13 1.0 k/D matches this IB so far. Such an oddly perfect stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »

Saw a pic on Reddit a while back from a Rumble match. All 6 players had a 1.0KD. I reckon the Bungie SBMM heads had an orgasm over that one! "We perfected it lads!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This time around I was only breaking even for the most part. A combination of kinda crappy luck (such as spawning in a spot where I run around a corner and into three enemies) didn't help.

I also missed out on getting overall top scorer by about 100 points at least three times :(

I suppose the good part is I got a few more 335 items, my ghost is killing me though at 316.

was 1.6KD over all for my three toons.

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    41 78 899 356 561 1.60 2.24 52.56%

Only got high score in 6 of those 78 games.

Hunter:

29 50 599 224 333 1.80 2.47 58.00%

On the hunter near 33% of my kills were Golden Gun or Trip Mine.

Warlock

ins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    8 14 130 73 112 1.16 1.81 57.14%

Stupid Warlock...

Titan

4 14 170 59 116 1.47 1.97 28.57%

It's really strange alright... That's obviously down to the SBMM but I just can't get my head around it.

I find the games where I get a positive K/D, things just seem to come together.

Games where I get a 0.5 K/D, I just can't figure out what to change. It's like what Aragon had mentioned - I seem to spawn in ****ty places, or get team shot to bits before I know what's going on. There's nothing I can really pin my deaths on.

As mentioned a few times, I'm looking to avoid that moment of Tilt, where I just keep feeding deaths but I honestly draw a blank.

For example. when I'm dying a lot - here's what I try to change:
    • Am I lone wolfing? Or am I sticking with the rest team?
    • Am I using the wrong primary, is this a short range or long range map?
    • I normally snipe, should I be using a shottie or side arm? (which is a pain as I lose secondary ammo :()
    • Am I dying because I'm pushing too hard?
    • Am I looking for super kills (I have a habit of bad rushes when searching for nova bomb kills).

I think the best team tactic for Clash, is for everyone to stick together and move around the map either clock wise or anti-clock wise.

Angron wrote: »
    This time around I was only breaking even for the most part. A combination of kinda crappy luck (such as spawning in a spot where I run around a corner and into three enemies) didn't help.

I also missed out on getting overall top scorer by about 100 points at least three times :(

I suppose the good part is I got a few more 335 items, my ghost is killing me though at 316.

I think challenge of elders is the fastest way to get ghosts now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One thing I changed was my secondary weapon fairly early on. I tried a fusion rifle, but the charge was causing me to die more often than it was getting me kills, so I went to shottie, and that worked out a bit better.

I have the Armamentarium equipped for most of the games, so the double grenades was nice. Switched it up the odd time to put on the Feedback Fence gauntlets when I wound up in games with a lot of melee users. Got me a couple of kills and assists, which was nice. And for most of it, I was running my Zhalo Supercell, I like it and I can do well enough with it.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think challenge of elders is the fastest way to get ghosts now.
    Yeah, I had looked it up and most of the stuff I was seeing online was saying that. I guess I'll try and get some more stuff done there.

Angron wrote:

You'll get a guaranteed 320 ghost once you reach level 5 with IB

You'll get a guaranteed 320 ghost once you reach level 5 with IB
    I probably could have managed that this time if I'd been able to play over the weekend. Sadly, I could only play until Thursday night/early Friday, so I just got to rank 3.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I had looked it up and most of the stuff I was seeing online was saying that. I guess I'll try and get some more stuff done there.

Well ghosts and exotics can drop as end of round rewards so for each run thats 3 chances at a ghost/exotic. If you speed run it with someone (2 ToM to melt bosses and someone reviving) you can farm ghosts pretty dam quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The SBMM struggle is real, or I suck now.

2225881db6a57fcadc7e08e7568a3ee1.png

Cant remember if it came in with TTK or the patch that nerfed Nirwens, my tracking is pretty funny though. I don't think I've suddenly dropped in skill level...but well:

ef5aa7ef625d088f45553f60780ef766.png

Could you have moved up a bracket rather than down in skill - so the players you are playing against are just that bit better than before.

Is it even possible for you to move up a skill bracket?

• Advertisement

SBMM works well for me. It takes into account those 4 am sessions where I'm absolutely garbage so when I'm playing during the day I can do pretty ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »

Your assists go through the roof when you pop hammers.

Your assists go through the roof when you pop hammers.

I'm still not over this. Dumbfounded & confused.

Who's having a pop at hammers :(

AdamD wrote:
    Cant remember if it came in with TTK or the patch that nerfed Nirwens, my tracking is pretty funny though. I don't think I've suddenly dropped in skill level...but well:

I'll give you my login details if you want to have a run through Trials on my account at the weekend.... y'know, just to see like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'll give you my login details if you want to have a run through Trials on my account at the weekend.... y'know, just to see like ;)

:p Fortunately Trials is unaffected by SBMM, just connection and wins on the card.

AdamD wrote:
    Fortunately Trials is unaffected by SBMM, just connection and wins on the card.

Damn! ;)

Did Iron Banner start up again?

Yup its on since yesterday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It did. Amidst a hail of "Contacting Destiny Servers" and Chicken errors. It's like the servers are Biff Buchanan and we are Marty McFly.

Advertisement