Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

It did. Amidst a hail of "Contacting Destiny Servers" and Chicken errors. It's like the servers are Biff Buchanan and we are Marty McFly.

The bungie app and 3rd party vault apps were offline for most of the night as well. Disastrous Joe!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The bungie app and 3rd party vault apps were offline for most of the night as well. Disastrous Joe!!

I managed fine in the raid without them :P

I just make sure I pass all goodies bac to my titan before i log out of each char :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

CDBWhoop wrote: »

They had some server maintenance last night too, so it was tied in together.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Last night was super frustrating, I kept getting killed around corners by people. Also had one incident where I hit someone directly with a Hammer of Sol, just to have them not react to it and one shot me with a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Come into the lag-less, connection-issue-less, light! \o/

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Come into the lag-less, connection-issue-less, light! \o/

But only if you can Widowmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've extended the pool to "Anyone Cormac Cannot Play As".

There's a whole slew of options

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Angron wrote: »
    Last night was super frustrating, I kept getting killed around corners by people. Also had one incident where I hit someone directly with a Hammer of Sol, just to have them not react to it and one shot me with a shotgun.

Yup had that experience myself in one or two matches. Had one guy take a shotgun round to the face without taking damage, then I respawned went back to that point and the same happened with my gg.

They really need to add in a 2 step matchmaking algorithm. Step 1: Connection based MM. Step 2: Skill based MM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

But only if you can Widowmaker.

Or Hanzo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

They really need to add in a 2 step matchmaking algorithm. Step 1: Connection based MM. Step 2: Skill based MM.

That sounds like it would make for a lengthy matchmaking experience :/

PetKing wrote: »
    That sounds like it would make for a lengthy matchmaking experience :/

Not really. Sure, it already takes longer than normal the more players you have in your fireteam, as the system can't throw you into In Progress games.

You'd be (Almost) guaranteed massively reduced lag / lag free matches. Yes, there is a higher probability that you would be paired with players of a higher / lower skill level, but no system is 100% perfect.

Pure CBMM and SBMM both have their issues, maybe a combination of the 2 would work. Maybe not. I don't know anything about the algorithms they use to work it all out, and maybe the 2 Step approach isn't feasible, but when you have the players themselves as the hosts, you will always have issues of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I told a few of the lads from last night that I'd post a vid of the weird lag/delay issue I was experiencing.

Have never seen anything like it before. Dunno wtf is going on.

Watch it in slow motion if you need to. Mid titan shoulder charge I pull out a shotgun and do damage, and then the shoulder charge continues as if nothing happened and kills the guy.

wtf is going on with that... Does anyone have any ideas?

Have been having loads of issues over the last week with a few games that don't seem like your run of the mill 'lag'. It's annoying as fcuk.

Mid titan shoulder charge I pull out a shotgun and do damage, and then the shoulder charge continues as if nothing happened and kills the guy.

It looks to me like you went into a slide, fired your shot, hit melee and shoulder charge triggered. I don't see shoulder charge before the shot tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It looks to me like you went into a slide, fired your shot, hit melee and shoulder charge triggered. I don't see shoulder charge before the shot tbh.

You can only trigger shoulder charge while sprinting (after 2-3 seconds) though. ADS stops that sprint. Melee charge wasn't used during it either.

I did slide. But afaik you shouldn't even be able to do that while sprinting to wind up shoulder charge.. could be wrong on that though.
    I don't see shoulder charge before the shot tbh

Yeah sorry, I meant the warm up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I told a few of the lads from last night that I'd post a vid of the weird lag/delay issue I was experiencing.

I'd pass that one on to Bungie, weird. The shot should have cancelled your sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is the iron banner a legitimate way of levelling up, im currently 285 and while i know id be at a big disadvantage level wise would i rise through light levels from gear drops and 3oC drops?

DeSelby83 wrote:
    Is the iron banner a legitimate way of levelling up, im currently 285 and while i know id be at a big disadvantage level wise would i rise through light levels from gear drops and 3oC drops?

The drops work the same in IB as they do in any other activity. Yes, you would get higher light gear, probably dropping you weapons and armour around ~285-295 ish, but it would be the same in strikes and nightfalls. Completing the majority of TTK story mode and accompanying quests should get you to around the 300ish mark though.

You can only trigger shoulder charge while sprinting (after 2-3 seconds) though. ADS stops that sprint. Melee charge wasn't used during it either.

I'm wondering does the slide continue the "slip stream" thing that lets you trigger shoulder charge? To the laboratory!!!

DeSelby83 wrote: »

A good way to level up quickly is to do the CoE and farm items/exotics in there :)

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote:
    A good way to level up quickly is to do the CoE and farm items/exotics in there

Oh yeah, an CoE, which I promptly stopped bothering with after 3 weeks. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The spawning feels utterly fecked in this. Far too often I've spawned and died within a couple of seconds cause I wind up spawning with a load of the enemy team nearby. Happened 4 spawns in a row at one point.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

The drop rates in Iron Banner aren't great, so probably not the best use of your time unless you relaly enjoy the PvP aspect.

The weekly challenges in the Kings Fall raid on hard guarantee 335 light weapons/armour. Though you'll probably need to reach the 310 - 320 mark to be able to run it without constantly being a blue orb.

And its worth mentioning again - when you are decrypting engrams make sure you have your highest light level gear equipped, as the light level of items that drop is based on the level you are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The spawning feels utterly fecked in this. Far too often I've spawned and died within a couple of seconds cause I wind up spawning with a load of the enemy team nearby. Happened 4 spawns in a row at one point.

as i was saying to dude last night - I hate both playing against and with shotgun rushers - probably hate playing with them more; because their rushing round the map allows no actual map control; so you end up with the enemy spawning behind you, or spawning with them as spawns flip while you come back in. Pain in the hole. Also means you are likely to be isolated more, which makes you easy pickings for 2 and 3 vs 1 encounters.

I can't say I noticed too much shotgun rushing, though it could well have been that which made thing go a bit pear shaped for me. When that stuff wasn't happening I usually did reasonably well, I think my best was finishing top with 22 kills.

Also had one really good game where my team held all three points for a few minutes and got the Strength of the Wolf medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,668 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can't say I noticed too much shotgun rushing, though it could well have been that which made thing go a bit pear shaped for me. When that stuff wasn't happening I usually did reasonably well, I think my best was finishing top with 22 kills.

Also had one really good game where my team held all three points for a few minutes and got the Strength of the Wolf medal.

We had a weird one on Shores of Time yesterday (think it was yesterday) where was started on the A spawn, got Strength of the wolf off the bat and capped C before the other team; don't know what they were at, they never even tried to cap C. was 1600 - 0 after a minute or so.

We had a weird one on Shores of Time yesterday (think it was yesterday) where was started on the A spawn, got Strength of the wolf off the bat and capped C before the other team; don't know what they were at, they never even tried to cap C. was 1600 - 0 after a minute or so.

I had a game where an ft of 4 backed out of my team as the game launched. Matchmaking found 4 replacements, but the math was well underway with me and one other running around on our own. Bringing up ghost showed the 6 present, but they hadn't spawned it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a bit Wednesday and rage quitted for a reason I don't remember. I've always been the same I'll play fairly long sessions and my bs meter builds up to the point that I just flip out over something innocuous eventually.

Was playing Bf4 also and was in a game where I could not get a kill, no matter what I tried. Accidentally killed a guy with a defibrillator right at the death to end 1-14 but as it was early on in the session I wasn't bothered.

Went to pub so no IB last night. Is it fudged?

• Advertisement

Went to pub so no IB last night. Is it fudged?

There was maintenance until 8 o'clock and all seemed fine for a while but it descended into a laggy mess. Wins weren't registering and medallions weren't redeemed on wins, getting kicked with anteater errors and no rewards dropping summary screen. Proper old-school maintenance as only Bungie can

Advertisement