Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Destiny servers will be offline for maintenance from 5 pm today (9am Pacific) and will be down for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Destiny servers will be offline for maintenance from 5 pm today (9am Pacific) and will be down for a couple of hours.

Yeah, I believe IB will start an hour later than normal. Think that's what they said. Plus, with the Gamescon Twitch reveal on tonight I think they figured people watching that = less people being put out by the later than usual maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Yeah, I believe IB will start an hour later than normal. Think that's what they said. Plus, with the Gamescon Twitch reveal on tonight I think they figured people watching that = less people being put out by the later than usual maintenance.

I'll be put out if the reveal is only 30 minutes and maintenance is 3 hours.

#ReadySalted

• Registered Users Posts: 45,666 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'll be put out if the reveal is only 30 minutes and maintenance is 3 hours.

#ReadySalted

Deej already claimed the timing of the maintenance and the twitch reveal are coincidental.

Think maintenance is starting at 4pm and planned to be done by 7pm. They have, in my opinion, over egged the maintenance window the last couple of times so that they could complete within it, rather than extending it as they had done previously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Deej already claimed the timing of the maintenance and the twitch reveal are coincidental.

Think maintenance is starting at 4pm and planned to be done by 7pm. They have, in my opinion, over egged the maintenance window the last couple of times so that they could complete within it, rather than extending it as they had done previously.

But but but wasnt it Deej who also said we would be getting more vault space with RoI? :P

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    But but but wasnt it Deej who also said we would be getting more vault space with RoI? :P

Yep.

I still reckon the vault will be sorted/changed. I think it is something they will reveal themselves on a stream rather than via a throwaway comment in GamesInformer.

Yep.

I still reckon the vault will be sorted/changed. I think it is something they will reveal themselves on a stream rather than via a throwaway comment in GamesInformer.

Gamescon. Deej could goosestep onto the stage :eek:, proclaim in his best German accent "Ve have ze neu and improved vault for ze guardian howderz, vit unlimited space, to help you vit ze var on ze Divil splizers. Opps, I zhould not ave mentiond ze var."

Vendor Roll Finnala's Peril is God Roll or close enough as makes no never mind.

Outlaw / Rifled Barrel / Reactive Reload.

Get yoselves to Rank 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

saw a clip on youtube that said basically that.
    I got all excited.
    and then realised it's still just a handcannon

gimli2112 wrote: »
    saw a clip on youtube that said basically that.
    I got all excited.
    and then realised it's still just a handcannon

Like with all weapons, if your good with it, it's a viable option. Take sidearms, I'm no good with em, but Cormac on the other hand? Vestian Dynasty to Havoc Pigeon. He'll wax lyrical about em all day, and did you know, he's also Irelands Top Gun with em. :cool:

• Advertisement

Vendor Roll Finnala's Peril is God Roll or close enough as makes no never mind.

Outlaw / Rifled Barrel / Reactive Reload.

Get yoselves to Rank 5.

Two tap weapon, if you are good. Fook!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its a solid roll because of Rifled Barrel, none of the other perks are particularly useful. It doesn't two tap either. Its a top tier primary in PvP though.

AdamD wrote: »
    Its a solid roll because of Rifled Barrel, none of the other perks are particularly useful. It doesn't two tap either. Its a top tier primary in PvP though.

With reactive reload it will as far as I know.

Massive damage increase following reload after kill. With outlaw too, aiding the reload speed, it's a very good roll. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

God I dislike clash so much! Control and Rift are such better game types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Pack mentality wins out in Clash. Stick with the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The worlds shortest book "Clash Tactics"

The only thing I really like about Clash for Iron Banner, is that at some point during week, I just mutter "Clash ah aahh", and hearing a chuckle from someone in the fireteam.

PetKing wrote: »
    Pack mentality wins out in Clash. Stick with the group.

This, all of this. Keep an eye on the radar and keep with your group.

1. Avoid 1 vs X engagements and....
    2. By sticking to the group you are far less likely to be caught out by a spawn flip.

It's also good if the team try to maintain map control, rather than rushing and pushing. Aids in knowing where the oppo are likely to be coming from and, again, stops spawn flipping being a constant problem.

One of the many very tight wins last night. pew pew pew for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I played a match in IB earlier on Bannerfall and my team won. But I didn't get any Rep and my IB Medallions didn't get redeemed. Very annoying.

• Advertisement

I played a match in IB earlier on Bannerfall and my team won. But I didn't get any Rep and my IB Medallions didn't get redeemed. Very annoying.

That happened last IB too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ok so I played a little bit of iron banner this time around.

I had the shotgun and the hand cannon drop as well as the two armour pieces.

I'm half way through level 2. Other than the fun and competition is there any other real reason to keep goin considering I got all the bits I wanted from it?

I'm averaging between 1500 and 2000 which I'm happy with. It's not an easy game type.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,048 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ok so I played a little bit of iron banner this time around.

I had the shotgun and the hand cannon drop as well as the two armour pieces.

I'm half way through level 2. Other than the fun and competition is there any other real reason to keep goin considering I got all the bits I wanted from it?

I'm averaging between 1500 and 2000 which I'm happy with. It's not an easy game type.

What LL are you? You'll get two packages for reaching Rank 3 and Rank 5.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What LL are you? You'll get two packages for reaching Rank 3 and Rank 5.

I'm 307 LL.

Will keep going to 3 anyway then cheers. Doubt I'll make 5. Don't think I'll have the time tbh to grind that far

• Registered Users Posts: 28,048 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm 307 LL.

Will keep going to 3 anyway then cheers. Doubt I'll make 5. Don't think I'll have the time tbh to grind that far

You get more rep for the bounties every day. It's better to save the gold ones until Sunday/Monday and they can jump you up the levels very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm 307 LL.

You'll get a 320 artifact at level 3 which is good. Level 5 will be a random weapon / armour piece. Gets much easier to jump to 5 today and tomorrow. It's worth continuing with one character at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    You'll get a 320 artifact at level 3 which is good. Level 5 will be a random weapon / armour piece. Gets much easier to jump to 5 today and tomorrow. It's worth continuing with one character at least

You also get a ghost in the rank 5 package.

dudeeile wrote: »
    You also get a ghost in the rank 5 package.

I know I won't make 5. I won't have the time but I really need a ghost. damn it.

Getting a 320 artefact at lvl 3 is definately on as I'm half way through lvl 2.

I've never really given iron banner a chance but it's been fun and intense.

Edit .. Got to rank 3 there and no 320 piece. Boooo.

Probably missing something though in fairness. I haven't done all the bounties. Is it from one of those maybe?

Edit, edit... Got a 320 Titan Artifact. Yay!

Really happy with my iron banner haul. Most get playing with ye next time but I was very off and on this time round so didn't think I'd be able to commit for as long as I'd like.

I know this IB has been announced as the last IB for legacy consoles; but given the timing of the last couple of IBs, anyone think we might get another current gen the week leading up to RoI, with Supremacy (already announced as the next IB match type)? As a final push to get people to buy RoI? Remember them releasing Rift and the new maps to everyone the week before TTK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey all,

Dudeeille dropped some great advice on Sat night (really... hear me out).
    Keep your Iron Banner gold bounties and Trials weekly bounties - you can store up legendary Marks for Rise of Iron.

With Iron Banner, you can store 75 marks per character.
    With Trials you can store 50 marks per character.

For 3 characters that's 375 marks stored, on top of the 200 you can keep - 575 marks ready for Rise of Iron :)

Advertisement