Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

95754df9b5958c18ea2d3a757e4acaa4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Never heard of Jade Rabbit. Can anyone give an in-depth review.

Jade Rabbit works best when you have a 317 Crest of Alpha Lupi :D

If ye all stopped complaining about drops, maybe ye'd end up with drops like me.

I'm just soaking up that sweet sweet RNG Karma :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

seen this posted on reddit,

"Your post game loot drop is account wide (eg if your Titan is rank 5 your rank 1 hunter will get rank 5 loot table loot post game)"

did not know that, so if there is something specific your trying to get from a certain level, the higher you move up the bigger the loot table grows.

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    seen this posted on reddit,

"Your post game loot drop is account wide (eg if your Titan is rank 5 your rank 1 hunter will get rank 5 loot table loot post game)"

did not know that, so if there is something specific your trying to get from a certain level, the higher you move up the bigger the loot table grows.

Yup, another good reason to level up your main character considerably 1st

His whole piece on "Staying in Rank 2" etc is just bad economic use of your time
    Then again it's probably aimed at people who "farm" Strikes for certain class items or whatever

Here's the piece in question fwiw..... it makes your early weekday time played much more "grindy" though. Also contains lot's of speculation on the drops system
    Available as post-game drops:
    • Rank 2: Boots
    • Rank 3: Chest Piece, PlayStation Helmet, Scout Rifle
    • Rank 4: Fusion Rifle
    • Here are the key things to note about iron banner loot tables.
    • Your post game loot drop is account wide (eg if your Titan is rank 5 your rank 1 hunter will get rank 5 loot table loot post game)
    • It is harder to get rank 2 drops when you're rank 5 since your loot table is now bigger and will get worst the higher the ranks you climb (account wide)
    • It feels like there's a weighing system going on where you'll have a higher chance of getting the loot from the rank you are (e.g. at rank 5 you'll mostly get ghosts)
    • Ergo if you want boots with a good roll, I'd advise not claiming any bounties and focus on staying in rank 2 until you've got them
    • As the week moves on, the Iron banner rank multipliers increase too so unless you're losing a lot and not progressing your rank, you'll eventually creep up to rank 3 so play more games at the beginning.
    • I did this last Iron Banner to get all 3 hats for my guardians.
    • I called it "Iron Banner Edging", but feel free to name it something else
    • tl;dr: If you want to grind for a good roll boots, stay in rank 2 until it drops

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Went to salad fingers for to collect my bounties and he had a 310 shell and 315 gloves for me... Must have been my rewards from last IB, sweet!

Played one game solo, won the game coming second on my team and completing all three daily bounties... I don't think IB rift is gonna be as bad as people have been saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just got given a 310 artifact by yer man when I went to pick up bounties before starting IB. No idea how that happened but not complaining, nice level boost!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Probably your tier 3 reward from the last Iron banner. If you logged out without jumping to orbit you might not have received it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Apart from joining in late to 3 games with a fireteam of 4, ib rift was fun. The main problem with regular rift is noone plays objective, everyone is camping the spark, waiting for easy kills to bump up their KD, with IB winning the round matters so people were actually playing the objectives and it made for interesting games. Think it was much better than IB clash which turned into a campfest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Does popping 3oC's work in this? I played four our five games last night and nothing happened.

I know this may be down to RNG, but i don't want to waste anymore as i'm a bit low on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Does popping 3oC's work in this? I played four our five games last night and nothing happened.

I know this may be down to RNG, but i don't want to waste anymore as i'm a bit low on them.

Got a thunderlord out of it last night, so yes 3OC works.

Jumped in with an American lad last night for a handful of games of IB before bed. There was plenty of his fellow mates on aswell.

All they were talking about post match was their KDR :D

I averaged 5,500+ points per match over the 5 games - didn't bother my hole even mentioning it.
    Like "yeah, that KDR in 5th is awesome, buddy!" :rolleyes:

Just reminded me of how "look at me" some people can be lone-wolfing it and not playing as a unit.

Highlight was Frontier, got 2 Slams within about 3 mins putting us on about 7k (5.5k of which was me) right off the bat.

Grabbed the spark the 3rd time said I was "going left"..... about 8 seconds later "come right, come right"....

They were a good 100 metres away and I was about 50 metres from the rift for a slam..... needless to say I just ignored him.

Better to put up guaranteed points by hitting 4 checkpoints and not mess about doing a huge lap backwards, then to the right, then forwards again just to get 1 guy to cover me by the time I'd get there and probably be killed in the process..

Genuinely seemed like some of them were annoyed I was "stealing their thunder" or whatever and not letting them secure a "Crucial Kill to allow me to Slam"

Actually, found the relevant match there:
    http://destinytracker.com/dg/4569487434

I just powered down after that.... being micro-managed when you're hitting 8k points wasn't my idea of a good time.

Some people really need to just let the ego's go and play together as a team.

Points > KDR

Oh forgot about the whole thing about one guy getting a "Clutch" by "Clearing House" and "Securing the Win"..... we were 19.8k up to 18k and you threw out a super mate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Oh forgot about the whole thing about one guy getting a "Clutch" by "Clearing House" and "Securing the Win"..... we were 19.8k up to 18k and you threw out a super mate :rolleyes:

Ah here, if that constitutes "Clutch", then I'm gonna count my 62 "Nail in the Coffin" medals as "Clutch" medals.

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Those guys have barely touched crucible, one of them has 67 kills lol. Wouldn't be getting mad at them, they actually did alright all things considered.

AdamD wrote: »
    Those guys have barely touched crucible, one of them has 67 kills lol. Wouldn't be getting mad at them, they actually did alright all things considered.

Not saying they did bad, not by any stretch at all.
    In fact we did quiet well as a team over the few games given one of the lads was about 266 light.

It was just more a case of attitude. very "Me, Me, Me!" and "Oh yo dog, did you SEE THAT!" and the all time classic of a lad popping his hammers, clearing about 2 or 3 lads off the spark area and a guy taking credit by going.... I s**t you not... "Yeah man, I told you to use your super, see, I told you, did you see that, I was right, yeah man".

Sooooo..... you want us all to clap like seals cause you told someone to use a roaming super and push the spark :confused:

It was cringeworthy tbh. Their individual play was fine for the most part. Only linked that game as I was racking up about 80% of our points within minutes and was getting told what to do even if it was a blatantly bad idea just cause they wanted to be "part of something" when I slammed it.

Also the slurs of every type and creed coming through party chat I could have done without :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Ah here, if that constitutes "Clutch", then I'm gonna count my 62 "Nail in the Coffin" medals as "Clutch" medals.

:cool::cool::cool:

Best clutch play yesterday was from Agent Abuses. He joined the fireteam and got matched into the opposing team. He did the right thing and helped the clan!

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4568028024

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

nevelator wrote: »
    Best clutch play yesterday was from Agent Abuses. He joined the fireteam and got matched into the opposing team. He did the right thing and helped the clan!

Reported :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

nevelator wrote: »

I will point out that I got the only slam for my team, in the 5 minutes I played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Would I be better off to wait until during the week to cash in my weekly bounties?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Would I be better off to wait until during the week to cash in my weekly bounties?

Yes. Wait till Friday or Saturday

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes. Wait till Friday or Saturday

Will do.

Is there a chance of getting high light level drops in IB? All I've been getting so far is low level blues, bar one that actually was higher than the piece is equipped

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Will do.

Is there a chance of getting high light level drops in IB? All I've been getting so far is low level blues, bar one that actually was higher than the piece is equipped

Yup, when you get to level 3 or 4, you can start to see 300+ stuff (boots/weapons this time around) dropping. The big goal is getting to level 5, can get 320 stuff if lucky enough.

syboit wrote: »
    Yup, when you get to level 3 or 4, you can start to see 300+ stuff (boots/weapons this time around) dropping. The big goal is getting to level 5, can get 320 stuff if lucky enough.

Bout half way through 2 atm so hopefully my drops will pick up once I hit 3 then.

Had this ridiculous lag with one guy today

http://youtu.be/PrpjKrIjDLU

Played a good few games tonight, I'm honestly really liking rift as a match type. Apart from a really laggy game and one another balls of a game, we won every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Reddit user has found a bug in the Clash playlist. Exploit before it's patched!!!

"Hey guys! I think I discovered a secret interaction to getting tons of extra points in Iron Banner. I don't know if this was possible before, and I'm not sure if it's a bug, but you should use it while you can, before it gets patched!

During the game, you'll hear Shaxx say something even when you don't kill a guy (I don't remember what, I was too focused on winning this game of Clash). BUT! After he says that, a gray square will appear on your screen, kind of like a marker. It's not a person to kill, but you NEED to check it out anyway!

Apparently, Shaxx says something again, not sure what. But if you hold down the Square button on that map marker, you'll get a bunch of points for just standing there! These points are free, and if you get them, the enemy does not!

I also found out that you glow to show off your Points Power (I think it's called), and if you make it to the NEW red marker on the map, you'll get points that equal like a dozen kills. BY LITERALLY JUST RUNNING!

I'm not sure if this is considered bug abuse, but I have not contacted Bungie about it hoping to not bring their attention to it. I feel like they're busy working on Year 2 content which is why they may have missed this.

EDIT: My friend who has an Xbox One confirmed it works, but instead of the Square button you'd need to hold the X button."

IB clash was a good few weeks back, we've had IB control since and are currently on IB rift.

• Advertisement

That's what regular RIFT is, CLASH, everyone camping the spark to get their KD up, this RIFT is actually interesting for once, people are actually playing the objective.

Advertisement