Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Give the riad a bash since all challenges are active this week :P

Wait - did I read that right??? ALL challenges are active?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Wait - did I read that right??? ALL challenges are active?

Yep. Bungie have been listening in on my game chat suggestions.
    Yes I know thousands of players had probably suggested it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

back on Tuesday. Supremacy is the mode. I can't wait to play that in a team.
    • The Tempered mechanic is gone – play when you want
    • There are now 4 Weekly Bounties
    • Bounty rewards include:
    • An Iron Banner item not featured on the Vendor
    • A chance at an Iron Banner Artifact or Vanity Item
    • 25 Legendary Marks
    • 750 Iron Banner Reputation
    • Victory in a match grants 250 Reputation
    • Iron Medallions grant 150 Reputation each, upon Victory

Items for sale.
    • Auto Rifle
    • Shotgun
    • Class Item
    • Gauntlets

Tempered buff going away is disappointing, no mention of alternate character buff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

They've increased the rep gains so tempered buff wasn't really necessary. They say it's easier to get to rank 5 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Supremacy, yuck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Looks like I will have to clear some time next week for IB and some raiding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Balls, was hoping it wouldn't be back for another few weeks. I am living my personal hell, feel like the kid with a broken leg during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

- so what light level y'all 369-373 should be ok?
    - do you still need to wear the shader, class item and emblem to buff?
    - do the alt characters still level up faster?
    - gettin' giddy
    better be good stuff. Rank 5 and a 365 auto rifle I'll throw a strop

Balls, was hoping it wouldn't be back for another few weeks. I am living my personal hell, feel like the kid with a broken leg during the summer.

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    - so what light level y'all 369-373 should be ok?
    - do you still need to wear the shader, class item and emblem to buff?
    - do the alt characters still level up faster?
    - gettin' giddy
    better be good stuff. Rank 5 and a 365 auto rifle I'll throw a strop

Id say 365+ will be fine.

No need to wear IB specific gear anymore. They've completely changed how level up goes, so no more boon, no more Goldspiral and emblem and class item required for an extra % buff. Wear what you want.

No idea if the alt buff is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Id say 365+ will be fine.

No need to wear IB specific gear anymore. They've completely changed how level up goes, so no more boon, no more Goldspiral and emblem and class item required for an extra % buff. Wear what you want.

No idea if the alt buff is still there.

would have been nice to still get a small buff for the class items, but I really hated those shaders.

Getting like 2 years of parenting crammed into 1 month :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cormac... wrote: »
    Getting like 2 years of parenting crammed into 1 month :pac:

It's horrible, my house has the persistent aroma of stale urine. I feel like I am living in an old folks home, populated by addled monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lol at the "quest" salladin gives you to find efreddet and shes just the other side of the rope bridge :pac:

Only played a couple games and already picked up a chest piece and the autonrife(which sounds so, sooo kick ass....) both items dropped a couple light levels higer so hoping to get to about 365 by the end of it. Rewards are very good and easy to obtain, always enjoyed iron banner. Only gripe is supremecy which i like to a degree can and usually is a very long match.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Almost rank 4, had the autorifle,handcannon,fusion rifle, boots,arms and plenty of class items drop though only one or two were actually higher than what I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm not really enjoying Supremacy as a game mode for Iron Banner. Games are over long in my experience.

Also I'm pretty good at Control and rubbish at this mode. It is going to be a real slog to Rank 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

**** supremacy. Crest stealing ***** abound! Good rewards though for kills so its not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

klose wrote: »
    Lol at the "quest" salladin gives you to find efreddet and shes just the other side of the rope bridge :pac:.

Anyone notice (certainly happened on my first character although I didn't see it on the other two) when you first go looking for her one of the purple markers pointing the way pops up right on top of the mountain? Game nearly went into the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I'm not really enjoying Supremacy as a game mode for Iron Banner. Games are over long in my experience.

Also I'm pretty good at Control and rubbish at this mode. It is going to be a real slog to Rank 5.

I was kinda the same as you till I went in with my RAID group and played as a team, thats when that game mode seems to come in to its own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Only managed a handful of games last night after getting OUTBREAK PRIME :D

Am loving both supremacy and the the reward system. Getting decent gear above my LL which is really helping.

My only gripe is the quest you get from Efrideet - "reach rank 1", you play one game and hit rank one, next step is to visit Efrideet again only for her to tell you "reach rank 3". This travelling back and forth bull**** annoys me

I think 150 points is a little too high a target tbh. Played maybe 10 games or so last night, and only 2 where done before the timer. 125 points would be better.
    I was kinda the same as you till I went in with my RAID group and played as a team, thats when that game mode seems to come in to its own.

It really is a game mode for teams. Lone wolves running around will do nothing but gift the opposition points.

Am loving both supremacy and the the reward system. Getting decent gear above my LL which is really helping.

My only gripe is the quest you get from Efrideet - "reach rank 1", you play one game and hit rank one, next step is to visit Efrideet again only for her to tell you "reach rank 3". This travelling back and forth bull**** annoys me

I've had more significant rewards, LL increase wise, in one night of IB than the 2 weeks of RoI. 369 AR / 369 Chest (x2) / 371 AR / 371 HMG (I was and am still 366, but at least the drops aren't minor or no increase). Need more. Multiple drops of the same will just go as infusion fuel for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Does anyone know if the IB bounties are daily or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the IB bounties are daily or not??
    They are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

At least they stopped the crappy ghosts and other non rewards at level 3. Think I'm about 500points short of level5. After about an hour last night, almost had 2 bounties done, plus the shaxx weekly.
    Can't see myself playing it on the alt characters this time though, playing on the titan and just passing all the left over drops to the other 2 lads.
    Had a 5 boon loss, carried over from last IB and a win on my first game netted me 1000 pts

I think 150 points is a little too high a target tbh. Played maybe 10 games or so last night, and only 2 where done before the timer. 125 points would be better.

I agree, I like the game mode, but it feels like matches tend to fall off a cliff around 100 points, when they should be building to a final crescendo. 125 would be a good amount.

Am I reading this right?:
    • Alt character buff is active.
    • Emblem, shader and class item buffs are inactive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/55uhoh/iron_banner_megathread_20161004/

Yes you are reading that right

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Am I reading this right?:
    • Alt character buff is active.
    • Emblem, shader and class item buffs are inactive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/55uhoh/iron_banner_megathread_20161004/

yup :)

• Advertisement

Ah, cheers lads. I was under the impression all the buffs were inactive as they'd changed the ranking system. Might be worth trying to level up my Hunter or Titan. I have only played RoI on Warlock but Ishtar is telling me I can get my Hunter to 352, with 0 gear bought and 200 Marks in the bag :)

Advertisement