Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah, cheers lads. I was under the impression all the buffs were inactive as they'd changed the ranking system. Might be worth trying to level up my Hunter or Titan. I have only played RoI on Warlock but Ishtar is telling me I can get my Hunter to 352, with 0 gear bought and 200 Marks in the bag :)

Just run it on your highest guardian. Transfer over rewards and infuse into other guardians to rank up faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just run it on your highest guardian. Transfer over rewards and infuse into other guardians to rank up faster.

Exactly. It's what I've been doing for my Alts. They both barely out of the story missions and 1 is 361 and other 359. Only reason to run Alts is if you actually want the IB Armour for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Exactly. It's what I've been doing for my Alts. They both barely out of the story missions and 1 is 361 and other 359. Only reason to run Alts is if you actually want the IB Armour for them.

The new iron banner is causing havoc with my pokemon play style "must collect them all". So far my titan has 4 different types of IB gloves,

- Days of Iron Gauntlets
    - Iron Saga Gauntlets
    - Iron Regalia Gauntlets
    - Iron Breed Gauntlets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone from some Salt-Free Iron Banner later?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,665 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone from some Salt-Free Iron Banner later?

I'll be on from between 9 or 9.30 to mop up behind your suicide runs.

• Advertisement

I'll be on from between 9 or 9.30 to mop up behind your suicide runs.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Will be on for some IB later, should be by 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Got to rank 5 with Titan last night.

370 - pulse, heavy machine, boots, helmet.

371 - sidearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

How did you find the ranking up compared to the old system - slower / faster / better / worse?

Been doing the math in my head and it's certainly going to take me a lot longer. Generally I'd play later in the week but save bounties, then cashing them in with the tempered / alt buffs would get the last two characters done in 2-3 games.

What LL are you to get those drops?

Oh lots of people raving about the pulse rifle too!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Got to rank 5 with Titan last night.

370 - pulse, heavy machine, boots, helmet.

371 - sidearm.

Was that all from the Rank5 package ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gimli2112 wrote: »
    How did you find the ranking up compared to the old system - slower / faster / better / worse?

Been doing the math in my head and it's certainly going to take me a lot longer. Generally I'd play later in the week but save bounties, then cashing them in with the tempered / alt buffs would get the last two characters done in 2-3 games.

What LL are you to get those drops?

Oh lots of people raving about the pulse rifle too!

Alt boost is still active so my alt is now outranking my main and he still has 2 weekly bounties to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I generally get to 5 then rinse and repeat. Going to have to re-read how the alt boost works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I generally get to 5 then rinse and repeat. Going to have to re-read how the alt boost works.

i think the 4 bounties took my main to rank 3, alt1 should hit rank 4.5 with them if not rank 5. Then i'll do alt 2 and then back to my main. Gear-wise my alt1 now has higher lightlevel than my main, but i'll just send his gear over for infusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Was that all from the Rank5 package ???

370 = 4 bounties.

371 = Rank 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Played a few games last night, swinging between losing miserably to stomping over teams. Not many matches that were close, all were either really bad losses or amazing wins.

Then the sh1tfest of beavers ensued and it took me ages to get a game, kept getting thrown out just before the game started, anyone else having these issues or is it just my internet playing up?

All in all got a cloak,the auto rifle and the shotgun and a couple of yellows for my troubles.

Will be on again tonight if people are playing, wouldn't mind teaming up for a few games.

PlainP wrote: »
    Then the sh1tfest of beavers ensued and it took me ages to get a game, kept getting thrown out just before the game started, anyone else having these issues or is it just my internet playing up?

We had a lot of issues too :(

Ye were just trying to cut me from the team. Jerks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Good to know then, load of bollix though!

It takes long enough to get into a game to then get kicked back to orbit, massively frustrating.

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got the IB hand cannon for reaching rank 5, seems decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I find it the ranking up a lot quicker now... reached rank 4 last night after only a few hours play. Would usually be the Fri / Sat before I'd get that rank.

Rewards are far superior as well and drop more frequently post game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I find it the ranking up a lot quicker now... reached rank 4 last night after only a few hours play. Would usually be the Fri / Sat before I'd get that rank.

Rewards are far superior as well and drop more frequently post game.

The bounties are a lot easier. All 4 bounties can be completed in a few hours no sweat, there used to be some really daft ones that took ages.

Never used to be that fussed on IB because of how much effort it was.

Got the pulse and rocket launcher today. Rocket launcher comes with a choice between grenades and horseshoes or cluster bomb. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does the Pulse rifle drop during IB? I didn't get it in my run to Rank 5. I do really like the hand cannon though.

Does the Pulse rifle drop during IB? I didn't get it in my run to Rank 5. I do really like the hand cannon though.

Don't know if it drops post game. I got mine from one of the bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I thought the post game drops are only what he's selling, and the bounty rewards can be anything from the overall pool. But I've deffo got more stuff, 1 character to lvl 5 gotten helmet, chest, legs, 3 different gloves, rocket, heavy machine gun, marks and artifacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Pulse and scout are only from bounties or hitting rank 5.

Got the pulse of two characters, one with a great roll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Ah, good old IB. I've been trying fruitlessly to get past 354 for the last few days by doing strikes. Everything was dropping at 355 and I was getting nowhere. 3 hours of IB and I've already jumped up to 357 (4 IB bounties, crucible bounty, faction rank up). Got the machine gun, auto, and sidearm, along with boots and gloves.

Really enjoying Supremacy. It gets a bit frantic.

Tested out my new green bar (finally) I may or may not have noticed some improvement.
    Hopefully get some drops to push me toward 360 over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

All IB guns I have (AR / SR / MG) sound sooo good. To me at least.

• Advertisement

Tested out my new green bar (finally) I may or may not have noticed some improvement.
    Hopefully get some drops to push me toward 360 over the weekend.

Hail the green bar \o/

Advertisement