Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

All IB guns I have (AR / SR / MG) sound sooo good. To me at least.

Yeah. Got send it, ap rounds and perfect balance on the AR, effectivly doubles the range and stability of the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My rolls:

Hand Cannon:

(384) Rifled Barrel, Explosive Rounds, Third Eye.

Pulse:

(386) Smallbore/Braced Frame - Snapshot/High Calibre Rounds - Headseeker/Secret Round.
    (387) Send It/Braced Frame - Armor Piercing/High Calibre Rounds - Glass Half Full/Secret Round.

The 386 version is the one I prefer there.

AR:

(385) Small Bore/Hand Laid - Lightweight/Casket - Persistence/Focused Fire. Not a fan of that roll at all. Wonder how focused fire changes it though.... does it go all the way to the speed for Suros with that perk or just a little less fire speed?

Got two snipers and two shotguns too - not really looked at them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

370 Distant Star
    Hammer Forged or Oiled Frame
    Snapshot or High Caliber Rounds
    Life Support or Triple Tap

370 Unbent Tree
    Send It or Reinforced Barrel
    Quickdraw or Casket Mag
    Range Finder or Spray and Play

367 Unbent tree
    Hammer Forged or Reinforced Barrel
    Snapshot or Armour Piercing Rounds
    Glass Half Full or Focused Fire

371 Silvered Dread
    Smallbore or Braced Frame
    Armour Piercing Rounds or Extended Mag
    Hidden Hand or Persistence

The AR really needs a full suit of stability perks to be useful.
    The SR looks to be more a PvE roll that I have. Full auto would be really really nice. It will replace Mida for PvP.
    MG handles well and hits like a hammer, Jolders Hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

clever dragon
    The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The AR really needs a full suit of stability perks to be useful. The SR looks to be more a PvE roll that I have. Full auto would be really really nice. It will replace Mida for PvP. MG handles well and hits like a hammer, Jolders Hammer.

Think I got a decent PvE roll on the SR for my rank 5 package:

Injection mould/Hammer forged
    Explosive rounds/Full auto
    Life support/Crowd control

• Advertisement

Got a load of pulse rifles, shotguns, autos and snipers. No scout, fusion, RL or MG. What's he selling?
    Soloing was quite easy. Got stuck on losses Saturday (probably 'cos I was listening to music) and snuck into a party, which made everything much easier.
    That Dead Orbit shotgun is insane, was running for special crates over heavy ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Everyone on about their IB scout this, or IB pulse rifle that. Shotguns was all I got. A heap of horrible rolled shotguns. Scraped to level 5 last night. Will belt on tonight and hope for better luck.

PetKing wrote: »
    Everyone on about their IB scout this, or IB pulse rifle that. Shotguns was all I got. A heap of horrible rolled shotguns. Scraped to level 5 last night. Will belt on tonight and hope for better luck.

If you haven't got the Clever Dragon, you're doing it wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tried out The Clever Dragon, just feels like an inferior version of Grasp.

The Grasp I have doesn't have very good rolls. Found the CD much better. Send it , High Calibre Rounds and Head seeker I think was the one I was using.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Got a few decent guns this Iron Banner:

The Distant Star: 372 Scout Rifle
    Perfect Balance|Oiled Frame.
    Full Auto | High Caliber Rounds
    Hidden Hand | Triple Tap

The Lingering Song: 371 Hand Cannon
    Rifled Barrel|Hand Laid Stock
    Lightweight | Explosive rounds
    Luck in the Chamber | Zen Moment

The Proud Spire: 372
    Rifled Barrel|Braced Frame
    Single Point Sling | Feather Mag
    Life Line | Full Auto

The Proud Spire: 369
    The Proud Spire: 370

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm surprised at how good the hand cannon is in pvp. Tried the scout out for a bit then infused it into hopscotch pilgrim instead. No luck getting the pulse to drop after getting both hunter and warlock to rank 5, might try with the Titan later but it means having to unlock the peak first.

Hand Cannon is alright actually - although I did find I was losing a lot of 50:50 situations. It's fun to use but I definitely do a lot better with my Hawksaw.

Haven't tried the Scout yet but looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Hit Rank 5 last night, tempted to level another character...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hand Cannon is alright actually - although I did find I was losing a lot of 50:50 situations. It's fun to use but I definitely do a lot better with my Hawksaw.

Haven't tried the Scout yet but looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Hit Rank 5 last night, tempted to level another character...

You might as well, only took a couple of hours to get the warlock up on saturday, still had a bounty left to hand in after I hit rank 5.

Yeah same for me. Had a bounty left over on the warlock. The 2 alts were done in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Got all 3 characters to level 5...no SR or PR :(
    I did get the sidearm, fusion, hand-cannon, sniper, machine gun and 3 rocket launchers. A vault purge is now required.

nevelator wrote: »
    A vault purge is now required.

Same as... Off to the Shard it or keep it thread.

Yeah same woke up yesterday and went to put a gun in the Vault .... no space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

All I got was the hand cannon, shotgun and about 9 copies of the auto rifles. I didn't realise there was so many other weapons that could drop.

All I got was the hand cannon, shotgun and about 9 copies of the auto rifles. I didn't realise there was so many other weapons that could drop.

I got multi-drops of everything I got but no heavy, HC, SR , fusion or Sidearm

• Advertisement

Is the Auto any good? Stability seems to be the key factor, the drop I got has no stability perks so seems useless for PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So given IB is one of the few activities dropping Artifacts at high light levels, if you have done all your bits and pieces for the week, but find your Artifcat is "choking" your LL a bit, it may be worth staying in IB tonight until you get one to drop on your light level or higher. I'm ~385, but artifact is ~382 so I'll be doing it for a bit anyway

I didn't like the auto. If fires fast but pellets. That said I didn't fully rank it up, so who knows.

Cormac... wrote: »
    So given IB is one of the few activities dropping Artifacts at high light levels, if you have done all your bits and pieces for the week, but find your Artifcat is "choking" your LL a bit, it may be worth staying in IB tonight until you get one to drop on your light level or higher. I'm ~385, but artifact is ~382 so I'll be doing it for a bit anyway

I've seen a few drop, but none for me :(

Is the Auto any good? Stability seems to be the key factor, the drop I got has no stability perks so seems useless for PvP.

It's in the Doctrine archetype, but unless you have stability perks, it handles like a sack of wet cats. It sounds great, but the slightest adjustment to your aim and your shooting the wall next to you.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've seen a few drop, but none for me :(

I got one to drop at 369. Initially thought it was a helm drop.

I got one to drop at 369. Initially thought it was a helm drop.

Ya, I'm 369 with a 365 artefact...

Ya, I'm 369 with a 365 artefact...

I'm the same, except I need a helm. Gonna try get back on tonight. Had to bail quickly last night with kids. Would love to get me hands on the Pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That Memory of Ghaeleon Artifact is Awesome in PVP, big help :)

• Advertisement

Memory of Jolder, Striker and shotgun for me. I got the Ghaelon one but can't remember the radar. Now I'm wondering did I equip it.

Advertisement