Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had a bounty from last IB, decrypted it yesterday and got a sniper +4 over my LL and went to rank 1.65 approx. Haven't even played IB yet. Long live the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

syboit wrote: »
    post drop rewards are deffo better and seem more plentiful allright. Would have still expected at least 4 strange coins for reaching rank5, gotta give me something to aim for :)

Yeah - the only point in the ranks now is to buy vendor gear - which I don't feel the need to do in most IBs. Haven't got the LMG yet so maybe there will be a purchase at the end of this IB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Was just about to post that video. Agreed on the instant improvement to your gameplay without making any changes. It's shockingly effective. They'll have to nerf the gun itself, or the archetype to bring it more in line.

The nerf would need to be to the gun - as you couldn't say the Grasp is dominant and it is the same type.

Though bungie would just nerf the archetype and take it out of use completely.

I do like my Clever Dragon. Thought I was just doing well rather than the gun doing all the work for me.... oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Those are satisfying. You'd feel like rubbing the screenshot of the victory in the quitter's face!

I felt like doing that on one of our runs last night.... they were a good few k points ahead and we won it in the end by like 80 points or something :D

'Member Tables?

I did the math. If you win between 40% and 60% of matches, it takes 26-29 games to hit Rank 5 on your 1st Character.

That takes about 5.5 hours.

I'm tempted to just continue on with my warlock once he reaches rank 5. The drops he'll earn ~398/400 are great infusion fuel for the others. There's not enough incentive to reach rank 5 on my ALTs.

Cormac... wrote: »
    'Member Tables?

I did the math. If you win between 40% and 60% of matches, it takes 26-29 games to hit Rank 5 on your 1st Character.

That seems very long are you factoring in bounties? They must be a whole rank on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The nerf would need to be to the gun - as you couldn't say the Grasp is dominant and it is the same type.

Though bungie would just nerf the archetype and take it out of use completely.

I do like my Clever Dragon. Thought I was just doing well rather than the gun doing all the work for me.... oh well!

The gun is no better than a grasp though. Its just that they've given a god roll out, I've hard virtually the same grasp for months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

'Member Tables?

I have played a total of Nine games so far in IB, all 4 bounties are cashed and im right at the top of rank 3 for IB :D

I have only lost 3 out of the 9 games :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    That seems very long are you factoring in bounties? They must be a whole rank on their own?

Yes, I factored in bounties

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

'Member Tables?

Better off moving to an alt once you hit 3 for the double xp boost.

Better off moving to an alt once you hit 3 for the double xp boost.

No real need to get to rank 5 on more than one character though, so alt level boost is rendered a little meaningless now.

One toon to rank 5 (if you want to buy the vendor Clever Dragon) and the others played enough to get the bounties (minimum 7 games, I think).

jonnycivic wrote:
    I felt like doing that on one of our runs last night.... they were a good few k points ahead and we won it in the end by like 80 points or something

Was it yourself playing last night? We assumed it was Nathan as you were on silent (and your PvP skills seemed quite good :D )

No real need to get to rank 5 on more than one character though, so alt level boost is rendered a little meaningless now.

One toon to rank 5 (if you want to buy the vendor Clever Dragon) and the others played enough to get the bounties (minimum 7 games, I think).

Nah, you'll hit rank 3 on your main with the bounties but if you then switch you'll hit 4/5 on your alt with them due to the boost. Makes it a lot faster to get to 5.

PetKing wrote: »
    Was it yourself playing last night? We assumed it was Nathan as you were on silent (and your PvP skills seemed quite good :D )

Yes it was me, sure I was the only one calling out the enemies while everyone else was quiet :P

Well I have had 2 weeks off work so I did a good bit of work on my PvP game and its coming along nicely :D Also having the xbox and getting my a$$ handed to me in private matches on it have me upping my game haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yes it was me, sure I was the only one calling out the enemies while everyone else was quiet :P

You may want to look at your settings there jonny, there wasn't a peep out of ya all night. We all assumed it was Nathan, everyone else chattering away, you being the strong silenthammer type.

You may want to look at your settings there jonny, there wasn't a peep out of ya all night. We all assumed it was Nathan, everyone else chattering away, you being the strong silenthammer type.

I couldn't hear anyone at all at all haha

I'll have to check that out cos the game sounds were just fine and nobody had nat issues when I checked. I could only imagine what yis were saying about me now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I couldn't hear anyone at all at all haha

I'll have to check that out cos the game sounds were just fine and nobody had nat issues when I checked. I could only imagine what yis were saying about me now :P

Ah sure nothing but how great a guy you are and all that stuff :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Played 2 games last night and one this morning. Decent Titan helm from a bounty (+4LL), Clever Dragon (meh roll) and two exotics.
    Pretty sure no exotic has decrypted over my LL since I broke 390.

Played 2 games last night and one this morning. Decent Titan helm from a bounty (+4LL), Clever Dragon (meh roll) and two exotics.
    Pretty sure no exotic has decrypted over my LL since I broke 390.

I had a run of that too Gims, what I done was a bit of Exotic farming on Iron Tomb and after a few exotics in there it seemed to work out again above my LL.

Ah sure nothing but how great a guy you are and all that stuff :rolleyes:

Sure its always nice when its about me :P haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Lol, Johnny taking a leaf out of Generic's book - stubbornly sticking to party chat only as game chat quality is too poor :pac:

Hate chatting away for several minutes only to realise the chat cable is plugged into the other controller.

Lol, Johnny taking a leaf out of Generic's book - stubbornly sticking to party chat only as game chat quality is too poor :pac:
    Hate chatting away for several minutes only to realise the chat cable is plugged into the other controller.

Ah nathan does use my headset with the xbox so probably messed around with settings somewhere, I'll get some IB in later on and mess around with the settings but I have noticed when im just quiet and listening to music i do far better in PvP :P

I had a run of that too Gims, what I done was a bit of Exotic farming on Iron Tomb and after a few exotics in there it seemed to work out again above my LL.

spent about 20 SC in the Iron Tomb yesterday and nada! It's kill the first two bosses and then wipe, yeah? Tried Winter's Run as well as I saw a Yuotuber say this still works (despite the fact I was sure it was patched) 7 coins and nothing. WTH? I have the coins so that's not an issue but it's just depressing when nothing drops.

Think I'm fine tho cos I got a 395 ghost and 397 artifcat in the forge today and that was all that was holding me back.

spent about 20 SC in the Iron Tomb yesterday and nada! It's kill the first two bosses and then wipe, yeah? Tried Winter's Run as well as I saw a Yuotuber say this still works (despite the fact I was sure it was patched) 7 coins and nothing. WTH? I have the coins so that's not an issue but it's just depressing when nothing drops.

Think I'm fine tho cos I got a 395 ghost and 397 artifcat in the forge today and that was all that was holding me back.

How long are you waiting between popping coins? Winters run still consumes coins but it and all the other ultimates etc have a time gate on 3oC effectiveness.

How long are you waiting between popping coins? Winters run still consumes coins but it and all the other ultimates etc have a time gate on 3oC effectiveness.

Ah ok for some reason I thought the "time gate" didn't work on Iron Tomb. Was just eating coins like candy.

• Advertisement

Ah ok for some reason I thought the "time gate" didn't work on Iron Tomb. Was just eating coins like candy.

You can still get 2 exotics in short succession, but the chances are very low. I didn't hear anything about iron tomb negating the gate though.

Advertisement