Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

That's what regular RIFT is, CLASH, everyone camping the spark to get their KD up, this RIFT is actually interesting for once, people are actually playing the objective.

Yeah, had one game last night with 3 lads just snipping on the "train bridge map" (can't remember the name ), at the start they were racking up the points, but once we started to collect the rift and running we'd pull away.

The only other problem with rift is you really need to be the runner/slamming to stand a chance to get the overall score (for one of the weeklies), a lot of the times its the same lads hogging it over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac...
    Update the loot table (if you have enough
    FOR SALE AND IN THE LOOT/DROP TABLE:
    Placeholder text - Rank 3 - Light Level 280 - 40 Legendary Marks
    Placeholder text - Rank 4 - Light Level 280 - 40 Legendary Marks
    Placeholder text - Rank 4 - Light Level 280 - 90 Legendary Marks
    Placeholder text - Rank 5 - Light Level 280 - 90 Legendary Marks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

**For Sale:**

- Class Item x2 - Rank 3 - Light Level 280 - 40 Legendary Marks *(There's 2 types available on Playstation, one of which is exclusive)*
    - Chest Piece - Rank 4 - Light Level 280 - 40 Legendary Marks
    - Scout Rifle - Rank 4 - Light Level 280 - 90 Legendary Marks
    - Fusion Rifle - Rank 5 - Light Level 280 - 90 Legendary Marks

**Available Post-Game Drops:**

- Boots - From Rank 2
    - Chest Piece, PlayStation Helmet, Scout Rifle - From Rank 3
    - Fusion Rifle - From Rank 4

**Important Notes:**

- Items that drop as post-game rewards can be **higher than 280 Light**
    - The Items available in your "Drop Table" are based on the rank of your highest Ranked character - Warlock at Rank 4 means Rank 4 drops possible for all 3 Characters
    - Any Iron Banner Gun or Armour piece can be rewarded (with a random roll) to you for achieving Rank 5 (doesn't mean you'll get the one you want though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Good stuff, great post man, a lot of work has gone into it and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Got the IB scout as a drop last night, i thought it was pretty good, then i came up against mida and got melted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Got the IB scout as a drop last night, i thought it was pretty good, then i came up against mida and got melted.

Colovance's Duty is a very good all-rounder but the slow rof and recoil makes it too slow for PVP.
    The MIDA fires a lot faster and it feels a lot snappier, especially at close quarters, but then it has been pretty dominant overall.

Is that PS stuff a timed exclusive ?

Nah, exclusives are just armours this time.

It's available to buy at rank 4 with a pretty good roll too.

Nah, exclusives are just armours this time.

It's available to buy at rank 4 with a pretty good roll too.

Good tip, I grab every secondary ammo crate that comes anywhere near me
    I've been doing this for a couple months now, but I've never seen anyone really go into detail with it.

I highly recommend you make an effort to steal the enemy ammo crates during PvP games. As a player that relies heavily on my special weapon, I very much notice when I don't have my ammo, and feel impaired until I get some. Thus, I imagine players like me feel the same.

So I started making runs for ammo crates to the best of my abilities.

Chances are the team that controls the crates, controls the map. Each map has either 3 or 4 crates (Not including the 3 crazy large ones). Thus, you want to make sure you're triggering the majority each time.

I'm sure some people could argue, but I totally believe it is worth a death, to steal a special ammo crate from the enemy team. This seems to be more important at the beginning of the match during the first wave of special, usually momentum will carry your team to the win after this point, but sometimes not.

The best practice is to just always open a crate that can be opened, there is no reason to save it for later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good tip, I grab every secondary ammo crate that comes anywhere near me

Yeah, I started to do this too. Can really annoy those sniper only dudes

Plus Havoc Pigeon will spawn you in with 20 bullets anyway regardless :)

Started doing it in rumble a lot.

Must get me one of those Havoc Pigeons.

Whats a good roll to have on it?

Must get me one of those Havoc Pigeons.

Whats a good roll to have on it?

Rangefinder
    More accurate radar after a kill
    A reload Perk like Outlaw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I love this guide man, I keep spamming it onto a few of the n00bs... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm not one to brag but..... :pac: :pac:

676a204297f2a29de745457a6eba992e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I love Iron Banner,

(not the part of my dying at the start, but the later bit :D

I thought rift wouldn't be fun with the amount of snipers it attracts, but have played 3 games now where lads are seriously sniping (and stay that way for the game), but once you get over the initial few deaths its easy to overwhelm them. Very satisfying winning 19,000+ to 8,000/9,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody finding the lag worse since they've updated it?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody finding the lag worse since they've updated it?

Have noticed the REST of the game get quite laggy, but IB has been fine for the most part

"Slam Dunk".. only 5 kills but 4/4 with the rift.

I think the lag isint as bad now on IB, and definitely a lot less red bars around, reckon I've only seen one or two since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'm rank 4 now, can I still get the rank 3 drops?. Be kinda snapping if I can't considering I cashed in 2 weekly's and 3 daily's and shot straight past it in one game.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I'm rank 4 now, can I still get the rank 3 drops?. Be kinda snapping if I can't considering I cashed in 2 weekly's and 3 daily's and shot straight past it in one game.

I believe you can yes. But the higher your rank, the bigger your loot table becomes as your opening up rank 4 and 5 gear. So, while you can still get the drops, your chances are somewhat diluted.

Really enjoying the truth rocket launcher, was always a machine gunner myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So how did you all do in IB this week?

MY drops were shocking on my titan (most games with titan). Think I got 1 IB item in a post game over a crap load of games. Got a crap shotgun out of the rank 5 package too.

Warlock got the Iron Wreath but not a great roll on it, no range booster.

Hunter got a 320 IB Helm, which I was delighted with, from the rank 5 package.

Got a couple of Scouts on the Hunter and Warlock, though neither with a better roll than the one I already had. Boils down to Hidden Hand vs a reloading perk - I'll stick with Hidden Hand.

Had a few good games there last night with the lads; including one we came back from behind to win with the last two dunks - was delighted with that one. I had picked up the spark just to stop the other team, but once I got it the lads took out the other team around the spark and I had a pretty clear run from to the rift for a dunk (via the portal on Vertigo). Managed to not die on the way back to the spark and had my super up to tether 4 of the oppo team at the spark, giving us 4 easy kills and a second easy run to the rift, and the winning points. Was a good, fun, tight game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So how did you all do in IB this week?

MY drops were shocking on my titan (most games with titan). Think I got 1 IB item in a post game over a crap load of games. Got a crap shotgun out of the rank 5 package too.

Warlock got the Iron Wreath but not a great roll on it, no range booster.

Hunter got a 320 IB Helm, which I was delighted with, from the rank 5 package.

Got a couple of Scouts on the Hunter and Warlock, though neither with a better roll than the one I already had. Boils down to Hidden Hand vs a reloading perk - I'll stick with Hidden Hand.

Had a few good games there last night with the lads; including one we came back from behind to win with the last two dunks - was delighted with that one. I had picked up the spark just to stop the other team, but once I got it the lads took out the other team around the spark and I had a pretty clear run from to the rift for a dunk (via the portal on Vertigo). Managed to not die on the way back to the spark and had my super up to tether 4 of the oppo team at the spark, giving us 4 easy kills and a second easy run to the rift, and the winning points. Was a good, fun, tight game.

Got three characters to Rank 5 yesterday. Think I played a total of 30 games between Friday/Saturday and Sunday, but had a few daily bounties left over from the last IB on all my characters so made it much easier.

Got 320 Arms from the rank 5 package with the Titan.
    Got 313 Bond from rank 5 package with the Warlock
    Got 312 Helmet from rank 5 package with the Warlock.

I also got boots dropping for the Titan while rank 2. And a chest with the Hunter. I only played about 5 games with the Warlock so got no reward screen drops bar the usual blues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Got a 315 Nirwen's Mercy and 310 ghost with my hunter. Got a 310 ghost only with my warlock. One of the lads was saying last night I should have gotten something, but I didn't think there was any guarantee. Had armour space on all slots for drops. Got my Hunter to rank 5 in about 9/10 games last night, with bounties left over from last IB. My Titan is on 3.5ish, but limited time to play this evening.

Advertisement