Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Stormcaller with landfall does better, bursts the bubble killing all inside then you can force lightning any that escape.

Not anymore, that got nerfed some time back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mayhem Clash, Stormcallers, Multikills..... I think I have a video of that type of thing somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mayhem Clash, Stormcallers, Multikills..... I think I have a video of that type of thing somewhere....

416482.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

FML... 2 games in and palindromes/ice breakers everywhere! C'mon its mayhem. Using stormtrance to finish the warlock quest line, and already finished the ability kill/assisted kill bounties. Could be a while getting the gun one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

All the IB armour for sale is either 99% or 100% stat rolls btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dont know how much more PvP i can take,did a load last week and ground out the weekly's. Got two trials weapons and a faction pack or two for my trouble but not much else.

Ive started boltcaster quest too so may just use IB for the ability kills,on my warlock so should be handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is Bolt Caster's time to shine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So, I didn't play this yesterday. Was IB Mayhem Clash the glorious mess I expect it to be?

Almost posted a work password on boards, need to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So, I didn't play this yesterday. Was IB Mayhem Clash the glorious mess I expect it to be?

Almost posted a work password on boards, need to wake up.

Its carnage...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I didn't find it as bad as I expected it to be. 4 matches, 8 primary kills in total. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much if not running a gunslinging hunter with double tripmines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I played 3 games last night, was top of the pile in all 3, we won 2 and lost one. My K/D was roughly 2.1 overall and my hammers were flying in all their glory :D !justice

Chuculain (No, i'm not going to learn how to spell it) went fecking HAM in one match - 25-5. MONSTERED IT!

Had one game last night, a team of 4 pulled out while flying in, so it was me and another against 6. Tried for a few mins but it was impossible, 6 supers just batin the head off us. No one else joined our 2 man team, so I just broke out my collection of dance moves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »
    Stormcaller with landfall does better, bursts the bubble killing all inside then you can force lightning any that escape.

Not anymore, that got nerfed some time back.
    It should still burst the bubble and kill anyone inside - the Landfall nerf just reduces the duration I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It should still burst the bubble and kill anyone inside - the Landfall nerf just reduces the duration I thought?

Seems they removed that ability with the spring update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Not 100% on this but I think it now just destroys the bubble, tickle fingers can still go on to kill you (and he will), it's just not instantaneous with Landfall as it used to be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Not 100% on this but I think it now just destroys the bubble, tickle fingers can still go on to kill you (and he will), it's just not instantaneous with Landfall as it used to be.

yup thats the case now, had a fellow try and get me in a friendly bubble yesterday but I had hammers on so he blew the bubble and I blew him away :pac:

Great week for doing the subclass quests for the crucible. I've gotten stormcaller, bladedancer and golden gun done. Can't say I've ever ran them that much in pvp, but its a lot of fun getting kills with stickies, throwing knifes and then shutting down supers with golden gun, I feel so dirty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    yup thats the case now, had a fellow try and get me in a friendly bubble yesterday but I had hammers on so he blew the bubble and I blew him away :pac:

Now there's a surprise!:D

nevelator wrote: »
    Now there's a surprise!:D

Raids need more hammers tho :(

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Great week for doing the subclass quests for the crucible. I've gotten stormcaller, bladedancer and golden gun done. Can't say I've ever ran them that much in pvp, but its a lot of fun getting kills with stickies, throwing knifes and then shutting down supers with golden gun, I feel so dirty :)

I'm kinda stuck in my ways and have used bladedancer since the beginning. What's a good load out for the Golden Gun. Is the (tries to spell it and gives up) helmet that gives you four shots worth it?

I'm kinda stuck in my ways and have used bladedancer since the beginning. What's a good load out for the Golden Gun. Is the (tries to spell it and gives up) helmet that gives you four shots worth it?

Yup, thats the one allright (acho symbio....) , the extra shot is nice, and deadeye was the other main perk I used. It was nice to break out some exotics that I've rarely used (if ever) from the kiosk aswell and see how they work. I found the helmet for bladedancer was nice aswell. Lot of decent gloves to try out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Seen a clip on Reddit of a chap reflecting a nova bomb with a sword and whatever that iron lords artifact is.

Didn't think that was possible til I seen him wipe most of their team, pretty nifty.

syboit wrote: »
    Yup, thats the one allright (acho symbio....) , the extra shot is nice, and deadeye was the other main perk I used. It was nice to break out some exotics that I've rarely used (if ever) from the kiosk aswell and see how they work. I found the helmet for bladedancer was nice aswell. Lot of decent gloves to try out also.

Yeah Mask of the third man was my goto exotic for the blade dancer until the Shinobus Vow/Skip Grenades thing happened. Even though they've been nerfed this is what I now use.

I wouldn't bother with the Four Shot golden gun exotic - it reduces your golden gun time quite significantly, so actually getting use of the 4 shots is an issue.

I would say the three exotics for a Gunslinger are:

Young Ahamkara's Spine.
    Bones of Eao
    Fr0st-EE5

If you use tripmines as a golden gun runner then the exotic arm (Young Ahamkara's Spine) that gives you double is the one I go for - also doubles the up time of the tripmine. Double Tripmines on my hunter has been my go to for forever! The exotic I mostly see being used though is the Bones of Eao for the extra mobility. If you are running Incendiary grenades then the Fr0st-EE5 (exotic legs) would be the ones to go for imo (over bones of Eao) as they greatly increase you grenade (and melee) regen when sprinting, so you will get a lot more grenades to throw.

Knuckelhead Radar gives you radar when aiming, but you can (and I do) use an Iron Lord artifact to give you that (maybe better).

The helmet slows down GG even in mayhem?

Think I'll go with the Young Ahamkaras Spine. Tripmines are kind of like lightning grenades I expect?

The helmet slows down GG even in mayhem?

Think I'll go with the Young Ahamkaras Spine. Tripmines are kind of like lightning grenades I expect?

It doesn't slow down the time to generate your super, it reduces the time it activates for - so you need to fire 4 shorts in a shorter time frame than the standard 3. Can't remember the exact figures but I think it is that it goes from 12 seconds normal activation time to 8 seconds.

It doesn't slow down the time to generate your super, it reduces the time it activates for - so you need to fire 4 shorts in a shorter time frame than the standard 3. Can't remember the exact figures but I think it is that it goes from 12 seconds normal activation time to 8 seconds.

was thinking it seemed quicker allright when you have 4, though with my aim, sometimes the 4 is handy :)

Got everyone to 3-4 so I could pick up the IB armour. Hammers, Void Warlock & Gun Guy Girl. Using Aegis of the Reef , palindrome and for the first time in PvP , hardlight which was hilarious.
    Trip grenades are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Had a couple of moments felling like this during this IB. Thank you whiffy nova's.

GGaVIVu.gif

Advertisement