Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Did you go back to orbit with the warlock afterwards or just quit\change character? I had that happen to my 2nd and 3rd char, went to orbit and the item appeared once in orbit.

And it should take little or no time to get the titan from 3.5 to 5. Got my hunter and lock to 5 from scratch in 2-3 hours yesterday. Should be easier again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thegame983

PetKing wrote: »
    Got a 315 Nirwen's Mercy and 310 ghost with my hunter. Got a 310 ghost only with my warlock. One of the lads was saying last night I should have gotten something, but I didn't think there was any guarantee. Had armour space on all slots for drops. Got my Hunter to rank 5 in about 9/10 games last night, with bounties left over from last IB. My Titan is on 3.5ish, but limited time to play this evening.

That's happened twice to me before. Just fo to orbit with the same character and your reward should pop.Both times it was a helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

To be fair, I think I changed from my warlock to Titan in the Tower and didn't go back to orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thegame983

I now have all the Iron banner Guns and all armour for 3 characters unless there are PS exclusive gaunlets/chest/greaves we don't know about.

Rewards:
    Titan - 314 Rocket Launcer (Infused into exotic Sword)
    Hunter - 313 Machine Gun (Infused into Thunderlord)
    Warlock - 315 Helm (Infused into Ram)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Was away from PS4 all weekend so haven't had time to get up to Rank 5 yet. I'm just about to hit 4 I think so hopefully I'll get it done this evening. Didn't get anything useful with the Rank 3 package but did get an IB scout rifle drop post game.

Been my first time properly engaging with IB, playing with (/being carried by) fireteams and actively working to rank up. It's been the most fun I've had with gaming in a long time. Rift is brilliant.

• Advertisement

Was away from PS4 all weekend so haven't had time to get up to Rank 5 yet. I'm just about to hit 4 I think so hopefully I'll get it done this evening. Didn't get anything useful with the Rank 3 package but did get an IB scout rifle drop post game.

Been my first time properly engaging with IB, playing with (/being carried by) fireteams and actively working to rank up. It's been the most fun I've had with gaming in a long time. Rift is brilliant.

I have thoroughly enjoyed rift. More than other game modes, playing with a fireteam and good communication is key. We hardly lost a single game last night, comprehensive wins more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Enjoyed how quickly you can Mercy in Rift, also found it easier to carry poor team mates as you can hit a huge amount of points from dunking. Rewards **** as usual though.

Favourite Spark run :

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Looks like mercy loss teams are offical, seen a few posts on lfg already this morning with groups forming up. We had a few goes ourselves last night, lost game within 2-3 mins. Ended up with a few more rewards, but no one got that 320 ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

syboit wrote: »
    Looks like mercy loss teams are offical, seen a few posts on lfg already this morning with groups forming up. We had a few goes ourselves last night, lost game within 2-3 mins. Ended up with a few more rewards, but no one got that 320 ghost.

I got a 320 ghost yesterday. Slight improvement over the 319 one on the Hunter but I already had a 320 raid one on the Titan :P

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got a 320 ghost yesterday. Slight improvement over the 319 one on the Hunter but I already had a 320 raid one on the Titan :P

nice, they do exist. Seen a good few 319's and 318's drop but not 320's

ah jasus, I joined this one sided game with about 3 mins to go, the guy with the shell could have only sneaked in at the end!!!

just one more, is there anything better than denying the other team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Got 310 Artifact for reaching Rank 3 and a 310 Ghost for Rank 5, besides that got a 311 Ghost like 2 matches before I hit 5 and a pair of Boots that were like 297 I think, everything else was low level drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Destiny Game Query Aggregator on Destiny Tracker allows you filter by:
    A) Rift - Note: Not Iron Banner
    B) Last 7 Days
    And you can get you overall Iron Banner Stats

My stats, hit Rank 5 on all 3 characters very easily (even including a run of about 14 games drunk on Saturday)

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    32 48 821 390 670 1.23 1.81 66.67%

Much better site if you're actually signed up and logged in of course, same with regional leaderboards

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

16 19 305 89 140 2.18 2.81 84.21%

Didn't play much really

8 Mercys in 19 games lol, balanced. http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/doyier?mode=24&startDate=2016-01-24&endDate=2016-02-01&characterId=0

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Destiny Game Query Aggregator on Destiny Tracker allows you filter by:
    A) Rift - Note: Not Iron Banner
    B) Last 7 Days
    And you can get you overall Iron Banner Stats

My stats, hit Rank 5 on all 3 characters very easily (even including a run of about 14 games drunk on Saturday)

32 48 821 390 670 1.23 1.81 66.67%

Much better site if you're actually signed up and logged in of course, same with regional leaderboards

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query

I give you a D- for table formatting :P

Just logged in there and was randomly given 315 Iron Companion Sleeves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

got my 3 characters to 5 in one session
    drink loads of cider
    find dudeile
    ????????
    profit

sorry you couldn't hear me at the end. don't know what!
    went random for the last guy and went something like 1-33 ftw

• Advertisement

Hit rank 5, got my 310 ghost (major upgrade for me) and a 317 IB sniper, way higher level than any other weapon I have. Happy out, first proper IB brought my LL up nicely. Now I just need to learn how to snipe...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

36 69 1051 436 651 1.61 2.28 52.17%

I was pretty much doing it solo this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

36 69 1051 436 651 1.61 2.28 52.17%

I was pretty much doing it solo this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

29 52 609 360 522 1.17 1.86 55.77%

Not great stats for myself, but rank 5 on all 3. Played a good few games after hitting rank 5 on all 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Only real drop for me was a 319 ghost last night on the hunter. Titan got some sub 300 armour. Still, it's not all about the loot at this stage, for me anyway.

Not great stats for myself, but rank 5 on all 3. Played a good few games after hitting rank 5 on all 3 too.

I suppose the stats are too vague to reflect the objective of Rift. No mention of carries or captures. Often I have ignored heavy ammo and waited on the spark.
    Only real drop for me was a 319 ghost last night on the hunter. Titan got some sub 300 armour. Still, it's not all about the loot at this stage, for me anyway.

Got a 315 Nirwen's Mercy, best drop I got. Same as yourself, wasn't really about the drops, enjoyed the week and the fireteam chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    I suppose the stats are too vague to reflect the objective of Rift. No mention of carries or captures. Often I have ignored heavy ammo and waited on the spark.

Got a 315 Nirwen's Mercy, best drop I got. Same as yourself, wasn't really about the drops, enjoyed the week and the fireteam chat.

I tended not to carry much - unless there was no one else close. I generally played it more like a game of control til someone got the spark then moved to defend or attack as required.

I think rift didnt turn out to be too bad as IB. Some of the bouties aren't really suited to rift but playing in a full team was great fun. Played plenty of solo matches aswell and didnt do to bad. My drops were pretty poor though.

Final video, got a backflip dunk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Got a good share of boots to drop over the week of IB - dismantled all of them as the LL wasn't that good. Was playing a few games last night to progress the sub-class crucible quests when dudeeile dropped the knowledge bomb that the boots can roll with second wind. Got lucky and a pair dropped with that perk and int/dis for my warlock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Very happy with the loot drops but disappointed with the light level of my drops:
    318 Warlock:
    307 Hakkons Hatchet.
    310 Ghost.

313 Titan:
    310 Bretomarts Stand.
    310 Ghost.

316 Hunter:
    315 Finnalas Peril.
    310 Ghost.

I was also dropped a few pieces of armour and the Colovances Duty - which is a beast!
    So I'm very happy with the loot drops - just disappointed with the light levels. Considering all of my characters were much higher light level than the gear that was dropped.
    For example I had to scrap 2 310+ primary guns just to get the Colovances Duty up to 308. While the gun is great, in order for it to be competitive in Iron Banner you need to burn through your entire inventory.

Advertisement