Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think I got a 319 Ghost. Got two IB Shotguns @ 313 & 316 and two IB Scouts but think they were both 280. Have one at 311 already.
    Shotgun is pretty good but it fires so slow in comparison to the Invective which is my go to. If the enemy isn't a OHK I'm in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kept track of how many games it took to hit Rank 5 (48 in total).

Could have done it a lot more effectively if I didn't play till late Saturday night and instead played on Sunday (but was a bit hungover) etc.

Reckon it could be done in 35 games. (without leaving it all till the last minute monday, which would mean you have no time to farm drops)

Not optimum but fairly handy as I was only playing about 5 or 6 games a day over 3 characters for the most part

Hunter with Bladedancer, Blink, Max Agility, Mida and Radiant Dance Machines made for an INSANE spark running combo

p5KO4Zm.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Kept track of how many games it took to hit Rank 5 (48 in total).

p5KO4Zm.jpg?1

You've outdone yourself with that spreadsheet Cormac. It's a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Here's what happens when you interrupt dudeeile having a celebratory dance in IB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

A Neurotic wrote:
    Here's what happens when you interrupt dudeeile having a celebratory dance in IB

He totally dived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Colovance's Duty is a very good all-rounder but the slow rof and recoil makes it too slow for PVP.
    The MIDA fires a lot faster and it feels a lot snappier, especially at close quarters, but then it has been pretty dominant overall.

I played most of my games yesterday with it, 3 headshot kill is nice, need to maintain distance more than Mida.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    got my 3 characters to 5 in one session
    drink loads of cider
    find dudeile
    ????????
    profit

sorry you couldn't hear me at the end. don't know what!
    went random for the last guy and went something like 1-33 ftw

Went on a fairly big lossing streak, still had fun :D
    nevelator wrote: »
    Got a good share of boots to drop over the week of IB - dismantled all of them as the LL wasn't that good. Was playing a few games last night to progress the sub-class crucible quests when dudeeile dropped the knowledge bomb that the boots can roll with second wind. Got lucky and a pair dropped with that perk and int/dis for my warlock.

If only I had access to boards and read Cormac's post about staying at rank 2, alas no boots for my titan.
    A Neurotic wrote: »

I'm very surprised that it wasn't my own grenade that killed me at the end, that has been known to happen. I have some choice moments with my RL that I need to share.

I had a great time during this IB, mostly. There was one night where I was stuck solo, and had all the bad things happen for 4 or 5 games.

Don't really remember any of my drops, just had good craic really.

I had a great time during this IB, mostly. There was one night where I was stuck solo, and had all the bad things happen for 4 or 5 games.

Don't really remember any of my drops, just had good craic really.

Played both as part of a team and lonewolf, both enjoyable, some games you win and some you lose but much more craic in a fireteam and chat. I found the lag much worse playing single as the matchmaking seemed to take longer and could have been forming games from multiple regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I finally got around to getting my IB stats. All three characters to rank 5 and played a good few games solo.

Wins 20
    Games 38
    Kills 445
    Assists 195
    Deaths 461
    KD 0.97
    KA/D 1.46
    Victory 52.63%

I enjoyed running around like a fool :) Also not to bad considering I hadnt played since the previous IB.

• Advertisement

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    39 72 949 466 908 1.05 1.56 54.17%

For some reason it's not showing the games I played on the last Monday.

All 3 to rank 5, Titan got no boots :(

dudeeile wrote: »
    Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    39 72 949 466 908 1.05 1.56 54.17%

For some reason it's not showing the games I played on the last Monday.

All 3 to rank 5, Titan got no boots :(

It can only retrieve 75 games at a time on that tool

It can only retrieve 75 games at a time on that tool

I see that but it's only listing 72 so where did the other 3 go, it's a bit dodge, if I search from 31/1 to 1/2 it shows 73 games played going back 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I see that but it's only listing 72 so where did the other 3 go, it's a bit dodge, if I search from 31/1 to 1/2 it shows 73 games played going back 5 days.

Lag?

Maybe DNF's?

DNF's are showing, there was only 1 I think. Anyway it's just not 100%, my stats for the Monday were a little better as I was not interested in grabbing the spark and was using the IB scout so was staying way back.

DNF's are showing, there was only 1 I think. Anyway it's just not 100%, my stats for the Monday were a little better as I was not interested in grabbing the spark and was using the IB scout so was staying way back.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Even prouder of my average of 7 kills per game now. At least I was trying to defend and pick up the bloody thing.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Even prouder of my average of 7 kills per game now. At least I was trying to defend and pick up the bloody thing.

Wait a second, what you trying to get at? I wasn't just twiddling my thumbs back there you know.

949/72

Wait a second, what you trying to get at? I wasn't just twiddling my thumbs back there you know.

949/72

Calmed down yet. 'Twas only messin.

Calmed down yet. 'Twas only messin.

:D

• Advertisement

Iron banana is back next Tuesday and it's Clash.

Saladin is selling gauntlets at rank 3, helmet and sniper rifle at 4 and rocket launcher at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ugh... Clash, and that damned 2500 bounty. Fcuk that bounty.

Few things to note:

Players no longer need to return to Orbit to receive Rank 5 package rewards.

Lord Saladin will now display a waypoint when Rank 3 and Rank 5 packages are available.

Players will lose Rank 3 packages if they are not retrieved before reaching Rank 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's rumoured to be connection based rather than skill based. I know they said they were bringing this into some game modes but haven't played Crucible since it was introduced. Is this an actual thing? Does it make a difference?
    I liked the skill based one as every now and then it codded me into thinking I was better than I actually am. Long live worse players than me.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's rumoured to be connection based rather than skill based. I know they said they were bringing this into some game modes but haven't played Crucible since it was introduced. Is this an actual thing? Does it make a difference?
    I liked the skill based one as every now and then it codded me into thinking I was better than I actually am. Long live worse players than me.:p

Dunno - I have played some crucible over the last few days in Control and I have found skill levels have differed quite a bit (going from a 3.5 KD with 21 kills in 1 game to barely scraping over 1KD in the next) but I have found lag worse than I have ever seen before - take a look at the video I put up in the general discussion thread the other day; i've never seen lag so bad - and I've seen it a good bit over the last few days.

Just gonna call this out louder for any power levellers

Players will lose Rank 3 packages if they are not retrieved before reaching Rank 5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just gonna call this out louder for any power levellers

Players will lose Rank 3 packages if they are not retrieved before reaching Rank 5

Rank 3 is always a 310 Artifact/Ghost isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

so,

anyone have any tips and strats for Iron banner clash?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

so,

Shoot to kill.

Do. Not. Die !!!!

• Advertisement

so,

Best I can offer is to group up in an area of the map that has about 3 entry points (this usually coincides with a Capture Zone in Control - So take the area by the Tunnel on Zone B in Shores of Time, the Inside of the building in Blind Watch etc) and just team shot EVERYTHING (handy for the bonus points which are crucial given Clash has no multipliers, 10 extra assists = 500 extra points)

Just try and use your radar wisely and not bunch up so much that more than 2 of you can be killed at any given time by a Blast Supers like Nova/FoH. This worked great for us last time, but you REALLY need to team shot Stormcallers, Hammers, Bladedancers. If someone calls out that they see one of these supers and you all try to scatter, you're going to give them the advantage, best to just team shot those roaming supers as best you can and not ignore those callouts (in fact I play with music muted so I can listen for those supers being activated). Golden Gun and Tether aren't as big a deal due to the limited impact they will have on a team of 6 spread out a bit.

Have 2 lads push "Their" heavy with Supers and you're sorted.

Finally 1 defender with Blessings of Light and CoaL is usually enough to win you the match if you're trying this above strategy, use the bubble as your focal point and keep getting that overshield and those 3 free orbs. It actually can cause the other team to lose a lot of heart early on and start abandoning. If you get a bubble up at 2 mins in and cap both heavies at 3 mins in, the other team will start leaving in their droves.

Trying to be a lone-gun is not as advisable as you would think it is. If you're a team of 6 randoms against 6 randoms, fine, but if you're against a team, running around solo is usually a recipe for disaster.

It's also wise to correctly cycle your re-spawn-in pushes if you die

Advertisement