Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've never had that sniper but the RoF on it seems really good. Might be an ok gun for us non-snipers. Don't care that it can't res-snipe 'cos I HATE TRIALS

Highest aim assist in the game, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac I see mention of a rank 2 & 5 shader type. Does one do more buffing than the other??

Got my 3 dailies done and 2 of my weeklies, just need to reach rank 4 and my final one is complete. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    Cormac I see mention of a rank 2 & 5 shader type. Does one do more buffing than the other??

Got my 3 dailies done and 2 of my weeklies, just need to reach rank 4 and my final one is complete. :)

Nothing extra. Just a different shader and emblem for hitting a higher rank. Prestige like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've never had that sniper but the RoF on it seems really good. Might be an ok gun for us non-snipers. Don't care that it can't res-snipe 'cos I HATE TRIALS

It has poor scopes and no snapshot/quickdraw, wouldn't bother with it. Also won't even 2 hit bodyshot anyone with highish armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Clash is fairly sweaty. I blame SBMM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

I'm liking Iron Banner Clash so far, fast action packed games that last the right amount of time.

Haven't seen Cathedral of Dusk or Sector 618 so far in the map rotation but Rusted Lands is a popular choice it seems coming up three times in a row yesterday and making up 50% of the 10 maps I played. The others were Firebase Delphi, The Drifter and Bannerfall - good to see them in rotation.

Haw are people finding Clash tactics wise? I certainly wouldn't say any are'nt being employed. Moving as a pack clockwise/anticlockwise can yeild great results picking off fringe players. On Frontier, which came up quite a bit yesterday, I was finding opposing teams flanking and rushing us on the bridge or hitting the respawn points.

Haw are people finding Clash tactics wise? I certainly wouldn't say any are being employed. Moving as a pack clockwise/anticlockwise can yeild great results picking off fringe players. On Frontier, which came up quite a bit yesterday, I was finding opposing teams flanking and rushing us on the bridge or hitting the respawn points.

I Believe I did hear the term "Lap" being used last night alright :P

Haw are people finding Clash tactics wise? I certainly wouldn't say any are being employed. Moving as a pack clockwise/anticlockwise can yeild great results picking off fringe players. On Frontier, which came up quite a bit yesterday, I was finding opposing teams flanking and rushing us on the bridge or hitting the respawn points.

All depends on the map. Case in point: Shores of Time. If you can lock down the area between C and B your pretty much golden. No real need to venture beyond the tunnel at B or the fountain thing in mid. Let them come to you and you should be sitting pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

All depends on the map. Case in point: Shores of Time. If you can lock down the area between C and B your pretty much golden. No real need to venture beyond the tunnel at B or the fountain thing in mid. Let them come to you and you should be sitting pretty.

Plus playing in a fireteam with communication is a big advantage in itself. Holding an area or getting the most from the heavy ammo can easily swing a game in your favour especially seeing as Clash seems to attract a lot more single players or smaller teams than IB Control.

Got great results holding the building at A in Rusted Lands last night but after a few games it turned into laps with a few snaeky double backs thrown in for good measure! Not exactly cutting edge tactics but it did the trick..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This is one of my biggest handicaps. I'm no good at tactics. Never been able to get my head around spawns or anything sightly tactical. My objectives tend to be if it moves shoot it and try not to fall off the edge.

Clash solo tactic is pretty much - look at radar - where are my team mates? - get close to them

Anyone else play the Resistance franchise? All about doing laps of the map in a big group :pac:

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Plus playing in a fireteam with communication is a big advantage in itself. Holding an area or getting the most from the heavy ammo can easily swing a game in your favour especially seeing as Clash seems to attract a lot more single players or smaller teams than IB Control.

Absolutely. Getting Heavy and denying their's is massive for controlling or swinging the match.
    This is one of my biggest handicaps. I'm no good at tactics. Never been able to get my head around spawns or anything sightly tactical. My objectives tend to be if it moves shoot it and try not to fall off the edge.

Spawn camping isn't really common place in clash as the spawn points can flip quite quickly depending on how the game is being played. If it's playing laps, then you will quite likely spawn in different locations. If your holding a location a-lá my example above, it's very unlikely that you'll be spawn killed.

AdamD wrote: »
    Clash solo tactic is pretty much - look at radar - where are my team mates? - get close to them
    Yep, thats how I play it.

That moment of fear when you spawn after death (Not that YOU would know about that:pac:) and you are isolated on the other side of the map...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I'll be jumping on this again tonight. Had some good games yesterday. Got my daily's done which is good for me.

Loads of sh1tty Titans bulling around the place though fcuking head wrecking.

Will try and join some of ye. Will probably be a silent guardian (other peeps in the room) but I will be able to hear ye if that's ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Had a riveting few games last night, someone fell asleep while playing and was snoring away in the party chat for about 20 mins.
    We finally realised who it was when they got booted from the Fireteam for inactivity.

The funny thing is, they had 1 kill during that game - so they obviously fell asleep mid way through the game :pac:

Edit: You know who you are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

A lot of swinging going on here today. Naughty boys.

The funny thing is, they had 1 kill during that game - so they obviously fell asleep mid way through the game :pac:

Maybe they were wearing the AC/DC Feedback Fence Exotic Gauntlets?
    I saw someone on Reddit die trying to melee and AFK player cause of that :pac:

Had a riveting few games last night, someone fell asleep while playing and was snoring away in the party chat for about 20 mins.
    We finally realised who it was when they got booted from the Fireteam for inactivity.

Edit: You know who you are :P
    It must have been as Cormac said - cause I saw them just standing in the C spot from the very start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was looking at my bounties yesterday from last IB. I seem to be able to carry the three weeklies and about 6 dailies. If I filled these up I reckon I could get a character to level 5 next IB without firing a shot. :cool:

I seem to be really inconsistent this IB:
    Warlock out of 6 games, 4 positive K/D and 2 negative.
    Titan out of 6 games, 4 positive K/D and 2 negative.

I'm putting a lot of that down to switching up my weapons, I did get a lot of sniper kills last night but still not fully comfortable with the Scout / Sniper combo.

There's definitely SBMM in place which will drag everyone's KD towards 1

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

AdamD wrote: »
    There's definitely SBMM in place which will drag everyone's KD towards 1

Yeah, seems like this is the case. Most games were very close for me over the last 2 nights....well except those where we got destroyed!

I missed being able to genuinely stomp a team of opposition every few games :o

Cormac... wrote: »
    I missed being able to genuinely stomp a team of opposition every few games :o

Had a few cose ones, and a few losses yesterday - but we had a few blowouts in our favour too - and the previous day as well (but datguywelbeck was a large part of that!)

For example - these games weren't close at all:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/games/2/4611686018434907224/2305843009251746514/4695629639?page=0

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/games/2/4611686018434907224/2305843009251746514/4696054746?page=0

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/games/2/4611686018434907224/2305843009251746514/4695956716?page=0

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/games/2/4611686018434907224/2305843009251746514/4695629639?page=0

Had a few other games with comfortable wins of 10k to near 8k.

Ye will all know i'm a bang average player at best in crucible, but in this IB i'm doing ok I think. Could be the SBMM is favouring me in teams though, obviously. My K/D over the first two days of IB is 1.52, which is high for me.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/Conovar?mode=12&startDate=2016-02-23&endDate=2016-02-25&characterId=2305843009251746514

I have an experiment I've been trying to pull off with my warlock, but I've moved on to my alts now. I'll go back when I'm closer completion across the board and running to fun. I want to die on their heavy, resurrect with purifier robes, jump high on max discipline and grenade them into next week.

I want to die on their heavy, resurrect with purifier robes, jump high on max discipline and grenade them into next week.

Or...... Nova Bomb? :confused:

We got beat pretty badly in 1 game, and it was only half way through the game when I realised what was happening:
    The other team were a fireteam (of 6 I think), and they were running around the map clockwise in a pack. Every encounter they had was usually 4 on 1 or 4 on 2.

So I think tonight we're going to have to improve our strategy. The whole lone wolf strat isn't cutting it in SBMM.

• Advertisement

Oh and Cormac... loving the Havoc Pigeon. Have a nice (and scared/defensive) 5 kill video to put up later involving heavy use of HP. PEW PEW PEW!

Advertisement