Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car insurance "itsforwomen.ie"

• 14-01-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all, I got a cheaper quote from the above company. Does anyone have any experience of these for car insurance? Thanks S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I cancelled a policy with them because they fudged, and refused to clarify, the driving other cars clause.

Said it was 'in emergencies only' but they refused to define or clarify what would qualify as ' an emergency '.

I often drive other cars so that was a deal-breaker for me. Was in VERY small print, and I only found out about it by chance when enquiring about something else.

They're also a nightmare to get in touch with if you do have any queries, I dread to think what it'd be like in a claim situation. There's a lot to be said for having a human available at the end of a phone. ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They're also a nightmare to get in touch with if you do have any queries, I dread to think what it'd be like in a claim situation. There's a lot to be said for having a human available at the end of a phone. ......

+1 It's a crowd up in NI and there's lots of threads here saying the same thing - atrocious customer care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

As per above, customer care is a nightmare so I've heard. Pay the little bit extra and get a proper experienced hands-on broker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

shaza123 wrote: »
    Hi all, I got a cheaper quote from the above company. Does anyone have any experience of these for car insurance? Thanks S.

I organised a policy with them for my Wife two years ago.
    The admin side of it was terrible.
    Items that I sent in were lost numerous times and other errors that needed phone calls to fix.
    Went elsewhere at renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PsychoSue

It's4women are affiliated with 25Plus, ran by the same people. I got a policy with them as it was €60 cheaper then my current insurer.
    I had a previous claim that was settled as 50/50 blame (against my wishes, major reason for leaving previous insurer) and the other party sued for injuries and got a significant pay out. I disclosed it was not my fault (only options - at fault or not at fault and when I rang to enquire I was on hold for 35mins so just went with not at fault) when I sent in my NCB they said I lied, I was fully at fault because he got a claim. They cancelled my policy and said it was on the basis of non disclosure, therefore I'd NEVER be insured again by anyone. It was BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE to get hold if them to try to rectify this and I was without insurance for 8 days.
    Finally they told me to contacted my previous insurer and get a letter explaing that I wasn't fully at fault, I got the letter, sent it to them and the rang to say no. It's still my fault BUT they'd be willing to reissue a new quote based on the fact that I WAS at fault. In the end I ended up paying nearly €250 MORE then my previous insurer.... I've paid for my year in full but once my policy expires I'll NEVER go near them again....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

PsychoSue wrote: »
    It's4women are affiliated with 25Plus, ran by the same people. I got a policy with them as it was €60 cheaper then my current insurer.
    I had a previous claim that was settled as 50/50 blame (against my wishes, major reason for leaving previous insurer) and the other party sued for injuries and got a significant pay out. I disclosed it was not my fault (only options - at fault or not at fault and when I rang to enquire I was on hold for 35mins so just went with not at fault) when I sent in my NCB they said I lied, I was fully at fault because he got a claim. They cancelled my policy and said it was on the basis of non disclosure, therefore I'd NEVER be insured again by anyone. It was BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE to get hold if them to try to rectify this and I was without insurance for 8 days.
    Finally they told me to contacted my previous insurer and get a letter explaing that I wasn't fully at fault, I got the letter, sent it to them and the rang to say no. It's still my fault BUT they'd be willing to reissue a new quote based on the fact that I WAS at fault. In the end I ended up paying nearly €250 MORE then my previous insurer.... I've paid for my year in full but once my policy expires I'll NEVER go near them again....

If you are held fully or partially responsible for an accident, it is an 'at fault' claim. Settling a claim 50/50, means you are responsible for half his loss and he is responsible for half your loss and the amounts involved can be vastly different on both sides

Advertisement