Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seeking innovative Irish products.

Options
  • 14-01-2016 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

What is the most inventive/innovative/sustainable irish business or product that you have seen recently?
    Ireland has a very creative population, with some common sense innovative products, do you know of any? perhaps a friend manufactures something deadly in his shed, what is it?
    Im seeking exportable products with the irish ingenious twist to them, any suggestions would be greatly welcomed and most appricated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Irish business I've been very impressed with recently is Chopped http://www.chopped.ie/

Very professional design, layout and service. The one near me in Fairview is always busy. They are looking to Franchise so if you're overseas you might be able to get yourself a Master Franchise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Irish business I've been very impressed with recently is Chopped http://www.chopped.ie/

Very professional design, layout and service. The one near me in Fairview is always busy. They are looking to Franchise so if you're overseas you might be able to get yourself a Master Franchise....

Weren't these guys on one of the dragon's dens? Or nominated for the Earnest & Young Entrepreneur awards or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Any value added agrifood business using domestically grown produce is going to stand head and shoulders above most on an international market as the produce is some of the best in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

Thanks for that, they look amazing however im not looking for franchises but more tangable, saleable products such as fairy doors or sugru

www.binstrap.ie a brilliant product from an Irish inventor

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Agreed. Great business.

Only gripe - they need a better way to manage drinks production. it's not unusual to be standing at the till for ages because the cashier is making a smoothie and coffee for 2-3 customers ahead while others are waiting to pay for salads.

Speaking of salads - they're HUGE and almost impossible to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hanley wrote: »
    Agreed. Great business.

Only gripe - they need a better way to manage drinks production. it's not unusual to be standing at the till for ages because the cashier is making a smoothie and coffee for 2-3 customers ahead while others are waiting to pay for salads.

Speaking of salads - they're HUGE and almost impossible to finish.

Not worth the overhead of just having one person stationed only at the till

Advertisement