Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland stops DD discount after 12mths unless you ring to ask for it ???

Options
  • 14-01-2016 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Electric Ireland will not keep their obligation of discount when you pay on time every time on both bills by direct debit as they promise. They say after twelve months the obligation is on you to inform them your wish to continue getting your discount.
    This is surely a rip off. They don't inform you when they stop the discount even though you have paid in full by DD on time every time.
    I mean what is one to do when your up against this kind of robbery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Good afternoon nuknuk44m,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We would like to advise you that customers are provided with the terms and conditions of their chosen discounts price-plan when they sign up to it (and prior to it if they do so over the telephone) and these terms and conditions include the end date for their price-plan, with the advice given that their discounts will no longer be in effect after that point.

There is also a cooling-off period if a customer changes their mind on sign-up.

If you require further information, we are here on Boards.ie until 6pm.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Pretty standard with pretty much everything tbh. Sky/upc/gas/electric....

Do you really expect a company to ring you and offer a discount for nothing? Anyway you should he switching suppliers every 12 months for the best deals

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

I started a thread on this topic 12 months ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94077840

Complete and utter ripoff as there is no warning when the discount is removed after 12 months.

Treating customers terribly.

power101 wrote: »

Complete and utter ripoff as there is no warning when the discount is removed after 12 months.

I fail to see how this is a rip off, you signed up for a discount for a year and got same.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

I fail to see how this is a rip off, you signed up for a discount for a year and got same.
    They're giving you a discount of 2% for online billing and 13% for paying by direct debit. The customer keeps paying by direct debit and receives online billing after the 12 months. This is nothing but a scam by electricity providers hoping for people to forget about the discount only being for 12 months. It should roll over into a month by month contract keeping the discount after the 12 month period is up.

• Advertisement

They're giving you a discount of 2% for online billing and 13% for paying by direct debit. The customer keeps paying by direct debit and receives online billing after the 12 months. This is nothing but a scam by electricity providers hoping for people to forget about the discount only being for 12 months. It should roll over into a month by month contract keeping the discount after the 12 month period is up.
    Would you ever get a hold of yourself. It's a business, you get a discount for a year which is clearly stated at the time of sign up, it's up to you to renew it. Same as your TV package and your phone package, you're an adult and shouldn't need your hand held through life like this. To make out its a scam is just ridiculous

Advertisement