Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing Software

Options
  • 14-01-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Can any one suggest a free/cheap piece of video editing software that can be scripted to load a set of files, clip sections out of them and join them together.

Basically our sports club is trying to video player while they are doing the training drill and give them feedback on mechanics. Since there is potentially hours of footage we are trying to review each file and output markers to an excel file and then pull this all together on a player by player basis.

I have done some work with "Windows Movie Maker" and a custom script but we have ran into a problem that WMM craps out if the once the total size of files goes over 2G.

So what I'm looking for is
    something that can handle large .MOV files
    Ability to either script addition and clipping of movies or has XML or text base project files (which I could generate from another source)
    free/cheap

--
    G

Advertisement