Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay as you go swimming pool

• 14-01-2016 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know which swimming pools or gyms in the Limerick City area offer a pay as you go for the pool only or maybe just pool and sauna

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Does anyone know which swimming pools or gyms in the Limerick City area offer a pay as you go for the pool only or maybe just pool and sauna

Thanks

Yeah, you can do that in UL no problem.

http://www.ulsport.ie/ularena/public/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Any other ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 daisyday121

Grove island have public swim times. I don't think they have a sauna though.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Grove island have public swim times. I don't think they have a sauna though.

Grove Island have a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Only 2 that do it?

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Only 2 that do it?

Thanks for the replies

Castletroy park hotel, radioson, planet health gym, maldron, clarion? Not sure on the last 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sporting Limerick no public pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Weren't Endas, Roxboro and the Ennis Road Swimming Pool (outdoor) all open to the public but all ended up closing down. Must not be a demand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Jofspring wrote: »
    Weren't Endas, Roxboro and the Ennis Road Swimming Pool (outdoor) all open to the public but all ended up closing down. Must not be a demand.

True but with fitness booming

I don't think it was a case of demand, perhaps shifting demographics? Since the early 90s, a few pools have opened in the city. Ennis Road side after the outdoor pool closed you had Jury's and Greenhills. The Maldron has a pool and is across the road from the old Roxboro site. You also have Castletroy Park, JJBs, UL, St. Gabriel's. Used to be one till maybe a year ago in Dooradoyle also. Grove Island. Am I forgetting any?

I do miss the diving pool in the old UL pool. That was class to stand outside and watch :-)

St. Munchins college had a pool at one point.

• Advertisement

Does the above not mean that there is a great variety of pools in Limerick. Most are open to the public at a fee.

Does the above not mean that there is a great variety of pools in Limerick. Most are open to the public at a fee.

It does. I meant I didn't think demand (as in lack there of) was the issue as a good few pools have opened since the early 90s.

It does. I meant I didn't think demand (as in lack there of) was the issue as a good few pools have opened since the early 90s.

I know ya, I meant more towards the above comment about no public pool in sporting Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Shannon has a public pool, and seeing as you lot claim the airport you might as well claim that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

testicle wrote: »
    Shannon has a public pool, and seeing as you lot claim the airport you might as well claim that too.

Typical Clare begrudgery comment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

One of my friends who was a lifeguard at Roxboro swimming pool brought back a crowd from a nite club to have a pool party :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

testicle wrote: »

Askeaton has a public pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

phog wrote:
    Askeaton has a public pool.

Ennis has one too. It's nearer the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

zulutango wrote: »
    Ennis has one too. It's nearer the city.

Depending on where you leave the city from Askeaton would be closer than Ennis.

Advertisement