Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband problem Dundalk

Options
  • 14-01-2016 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi

For the last few weeks our wifi has been cutting out every so often. Turning on and off the modem did nothing to help, and it just came back in it's own time. However on Tuesday morning it went completely and hasn't come back since. The WiFi light on the modem is lit, but the internet light is not. The computer says "cable error" and says to ensure cable is connected correctly and to try again. We have checked this cable and there are no issues.

Called Eir on Tuesday evening to ask about the problem. Guy said it was an area wide issue that would be fixed at "2pm today". It was already 6.30pm at this point and when this was queried he just said "it will be fixed".

We still have no internet and no hint of it coming back. I had a look online last night and on the map showing Eir outages, Louth was coloured green for business as usual so no sign of the area wide problem. 

Could you look into this for me please and let me know when we can expect internet again? It's getting quite frustrating as we're both students and need internet to work!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Update: Called Eir again. No area wide problem and someone is being sent out to look at it for us. This will take 2-3 working days, which means early next week and the whole weekend without service. While 2-3 days is reasonable, if the guy we spoke to on Tuesday had given us the correct information in the first place we could have had it sorted by the end of this week, rather than waiting around for nothing. Very frustrating. Could you please pass this comment on to ensure correct information is given out to customers? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Update: Called Eir again. No area wide problem and someone is being sent out to look at it for us. This will take 2-3 working days, which means early next week and the whole weekend without service. While 2-3 days is reasonable, if the guy we spoke to on Tuesday had given us the correct information in the first place we could have had it sorted by the end of this week, rather than waiting around for nothing. Very frustrating. Could you please pass this comment on to ensure correct information is given out to customers? Thank you.
    Hi NeonCookies

Apologies for the bad experience with reporting this - we have a statement on delays which can be found here: https://community.eir.ie/service-updates-70/eir-storm-update-friday-15012016-259845

Individual faults in Dundalk should not be delayed although in some cases delays will be experienced depending on the extent of the technical issue itself and what work would be required.

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll add notes of the bad advice supplied on Tuesday with the hope that this speeds things up.

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement