Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage

Options
  • 14-01-2016 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi
    apologies for being so green to the self build process l. I am preparing a list of things I want in a house as well as specs and inspiration ideas for an architect. What I want to know is this, basically I own a site and when I go for a mortgage can I put the site as deposit. I have seen alot of information in regards to a mortgage to buy a site and then build on all the lenders pages but what is the process if you own a site. Thanks again and sorry for not having all the information all comments appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning deburca98,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

In order to answer your query you would need to speak to a mortgage advisor. Could you please Private Message us your branch, name and contact number and we would be happy to arrange a call to you at a time that suits you.

Thanks,

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TENHNY

deburca98 wrote: »
    Hi
    apologies for being so green to the self build process l. I am preparing a list of things I want in a house as well as specs and inspiration ideas for an architect. What I want to know is this, basically I own a site and when I go for a mortgage can I put the site as deposit. I have seen alot of information in regards to a mortgage to buy a site and then build on all the lenders pages but what is the process if you own a site. Thanks again and sorry for not having all the information all comments appreciated
    I am in trying to get mortgage approval at the moment for new self build.(Also site was gifted to me) so far the information i have been giving is 
    Bol- wants 10% deposit &10% contingency fund
    Ebs wanted 10%deposit and 5 % contingency fund
    Aib - i have submitted application waiting on response.
    Kbc- Dont offer for new builds

I have the 10 deposit and still saving but as i am renting at the moment its hard to get more money saved fast.
    I do think they allow for it if you have purchased the site with savings but not if its gifted as you need to be able to show ability to repay 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi TENHNY,

Thanks for posting today, if you do have any further questions about the mortgage application process please send me a PM with your phone number and I’ll arrange for a qualified adviser to contact you.

We’ve plenty of information on mortgages available here and you can also Face time or Skype with one of our qualified mortgage advisers here.

Get in touch if you need anything, thanks.
    Nicola

Advertisement