Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Manchester United, k/o 14.05 Jan 17th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Who is better?

Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Who is better?

Mignolet. Not giving them a sniff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Half time review.

Yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Who is better?

Most of the Liverpool team. We've been bad but ye have been atrocious.

How can you say a forward is the best player on the pitch if he isn't even threatening our defence? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Who is better?

I'm sure hes going to claim Jordan Henderson or Roberto Firmino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Why weren't Liverpool this average against Arsenal ffs, save the good stuff for the hated rivals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Any of those people who think Sakho is some version of Djimi Traore...show them this half of football.

Dominant in the air.
    Great covering when needed.
    Composure under the ball in the air.
    Accurate forward passes.

He's first choice for us. End of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

8-10 wrote: »
    Mignolet. Not giving them a sniff

Ha i was leaving keepers out of my statement as they arent really comparable. De Gea would probably nick it if i did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rooney is invisible take him off put Martial up top and stick Depay out the wing ffs.

Yeah it's his fault Schneiderlin and Herrera are totally incapable of passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We are absolutely throwing away really promising opportunities.

Lalanna head the fcuking thing with some conviction, milner control a perfect pass, firminho cut inside or shoot first time.

Can't see us having it this good again second half and nothing to show for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

A couple of attempts by Liverpool. No shots on target by Utd. Overall....

tumblr_mh9c6i1CGt1ripzl4o1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Rooney is invisible take him off put Martial up top and stick Depay out the wing ffs.

He is stuck up front on his own, being marked by two CBs, to be fair to him. Hope things pick up in the second half. Is Benteke injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Zilch entertainment in the 1st half. This fixture is a dead duck.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Most of the Liverpool team. We've been bad but ye have been atrocious.

How can you say a forward is the best player on the pitch if he isn't even threatening our defence? :confused:

I didnt say Martial is the best player on the pitch today. But he is clearly the best player on the pitch. Which is what is said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Half time review.

Yawn.
    They'll have a job finding enough highlights to flesh out 15 minutes!

If United don't win today they'll have 1 win in 9, I wonder what's the highest a team has ever finished after a run like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

SlickRic wrote: »
    Any of those people who think Sakho is some version of Djimi Traore...show them this half of football.

Dominant in the air.
    Accurate forward passes.

I'd agree with this, but, he does tend to stray a bit and leaves gaps for midfielders to run into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Dominant in the air.
    Accurate forward passes.

NAh he can't pass the ball... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Martial is the best player on the pitch by a distance

Behind firminho and half a dozen others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

SeanJ09 wrote: »

At least the latter has looked like scoring. Martial's best moment was stopping Firmino from scoring, which isn't really his job anyway. United haven't had a sniff of a goal.

• Advertisement

Lallana just looks frightened.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

United dragged all over the pitch, awful performance!

I didnt say Martial is the best player on the pitch today. But he is clearly the best player on the pitch. Which is what is said.

And you're still wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

This Man Utd side is so lacking in dynamism, fluidity, and any kind of punch. Everything is just so one paced. The contrast between that and the lightning quick, clever attacks and intricate moves of Liverpool has only highlighted Man Utd's shortcomings even more. This is occurring all over the pitch, Liverpool's midfield have far more running power, are linking with the attacking players more effectively than their Man Utd counterparts. The Liverpool attack floats about, combing with runners from deep, the only thing lacking is a goal. Martial the only bright spark in a very dull Man Utd side.

noodler wrote: »
    Behind firminho and half a dozen others.

Firminho a better player than Martial :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did someone say Martial is best on the pitch.... Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dominant in the air.
    Accurate forward passes.

Man Utd were awful first half if he defends against a team playing well boast. Poor game with little quality from either side. Scary how much work both need to do

Glad you'll finally admit it. Thought you were serious for a minute there.

Martial a better player than Firmino :pac:

See what I did there?

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    And you're still wrong.

Nope, you are. You'll have to grudgingly come round eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Liverpool dominating but very blunt up front, lack of a real striker really is limiting them. Even though Martial and Rooney have done very very little they still seem more dangerous when the ball comes near them

Ha i was leaving keepers out of my statement as they arent really comparable. De Gea would probably nick it if i did.

Nah in fairness Martial has been solid and his defensive tackle on Firmino was excellent (though Roberto was weak). For Liverpool the only players of note have been Lucas and Sakho who have both broken up play well. Schneiderlin doing similar well for United bit I haven't been impressed with Herrera or Rooney at all to be honest. Lingard is struggling to get involved. Hendo is snatching at stuff and so is Can. Moreno solid, Damien poor on the left but will be much better on the right.

My 2cents. Not much to shout about for either fans really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

SeanJ09 wrote: »

Ooh interesting. How come you chose to pick those two players out of thin air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Whatever happens in the 2nd half, that this is what Van Gaal is serving up after a year and a half in charge, having built his own team, and spent 200m on transfers, is utterly devastating for Utd fans and the club. And depressing for a lot of football fans tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Has there been a shot on target?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

See? A stamp, or at best deliberately stood on his foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Turgid stuff so far, thank fcuk for the Bournemouth's and Stoke's of this league although to be fair at least Liverpool have flattered to deceive at times. As for Man U I'm enjoying their continued flat performances as much as any non fan so more of the same in the second half will do fine I suppose but some of their football borderline hurts the eyes.

Apparently he's the new Henry or something?:rolleyes: Still waiting for him to even look remotely like a player worthy of their price tag...

It looks like LVG just thought he could overload the left like earlier in the season - i.e. put Fellaini out there, take it down, go from there.

No plan B seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

5starpool wrote: »

Definite stamp on Lucas' right foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is one of the worst backtracks i've seen on Boards. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can't help but think that who ever scores first will take the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

5starpool wrote: »

And?

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Has there been a shot on target?

Lallana's header that deGea saved on the edge of the box near the start that Firmino followed up was classified as a shot on target. Rightly so as de Gea had to make the save.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Liverpool dominating but very blunt up front, lack of a real striker really is limiting them. Even though Martial and Rooney have done very very little they still seem more dangerous when the ball comes near them

Liverpool's fluid attacking 3, incorporating deep midfield runners always produces a more varied and effective Liverpool attack than sticking Benteke up front where his lack of movement makes the attack far more predictable. When chasing a goal.in the last 15-20 minutes he's a useful option, other than that he's a hindrance to how Liverpool play.

Apparently he's the new Henry or something?:rolleyes: Still waiting for him to even look remotely like a player worthy of their price tag...

Havent heard anything about that. He's the real deal. Look back on this game in 5 years and see where half of the numpties are from both sides. Martial will be right at the top, whether that is United or elsewhere. Apologies if that opinion has blown a little sand into your vagina, purely unintentional.

Haha this is properly funny tbh.

Heartwarming to find a United fan with a sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

"Rooney must be pulling his hair out"; a career on stage awaits you Mr Souness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well

The first half was a big pile of ****e, can't wait to get another bowlful of it in the second half

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Canadel wrote: »
    Whatever happens in the 2nd half, that this is what Van Gaal is serving up after a year and a half in charge, having built his own team, and spent 200m on transfers, is utterly devastating for Utd fans and the club. And depressing for a lot of football fans tbh.

I have a feeling that people who don't support Man Utd couldn't really give a fiddlers about how they play.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement