Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Accommodation Scheme

Options
  • 14-01-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I am in receipt of rent allowance for the last 3 years but have been previously told that the rental accommodation scheme has changed since it was established. Instead of the local housing authority giving you options once you're eligible, I understand that the Tennant must first find a landlord that is willing to partake? Is this true or should the council doing more to assist me? I am in quite desperate need of a chance of accommodation and any up to date info anyone had on the RAS would be a great help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

mtt_swny wrote: »
    I am in receipt of rent allowance for the last 3 years but have been previously told that the rental accommodation scheme has changed since it was established. Instead of the local housing authority giving you options once you're eligible, I understand that the Tennant must first find a landlord that is willing to partake? Is this true or should the council doing more to assist me?

Yes you have to find a property and landlord willing to accept it

Advertisement