Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Business Online support so poor?

Options
  • 14-01-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So here's the experience:
    I have an existing Business Online portal. It's set up and works (usually). I get a recent problem, where I'm bounced around from user admin, to digital certs, to cryptic messages about "payment hash mismatch". So you loose a couple of hours trying to sort it out, and then ask for help.
    1. But BOI only work business hours - this is night-time - so no phone support
    2. If you did call, there's no "ordinary" phone number - only the 1890 numbers which are not in included in call bundles and therefore will incur a cost, whereas an "01" number would be free.
    3. You search Boards/BOI for the problem & find reference to "payment hash" - reply from BOI is "please call us" - but support people do not leave even a general description of what the problem/solution is.
    4. I send an email - the auto-reply is "we'll be back in THREE days"
    5. In any case, I got a reply next business day - reply is "call us" - but only Mon-Fri, 0800 to 1800.
    6. I called - got the solution, but someone else needs to call me in 20/30 minutes. I wait - no call and then I have to go out - call back comes after an hour - leaves message.
    7. I get back to my desk at 17.22 - do the call back. No answer - this unit ("digital certs") only works 0900 to 1700, even though business support is 0800 to 1800.

So the Question: Why is your support so poor? What's the point of offering email / boards / search facilities if everything leads back to a phone call, and then you're not in when we call?
    (Please try to answer this without platitudes). 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

India is answering your question. An Irish person is contacting them looking for updates. The Irish staff member has to log a ticket to get an answer. Takes ages to get a straight answer. Used to be all done in house in Dublin but BOI sent it all offshore to save money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here and welcome to Boards.ie

When we can, we will always try and answer your query through our online channels. However, certain types of non-standard queries such as yours, would have to be dealt with by one of our reps over the phone.

We would always endeavor to contact our customers at a time convenient to them and I apologise if this did not happen. If you would like to PM us your name company name and contact number we can arrange a callback to you.

Thanks,

Evie

Advertisement