Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert mocks

Options
  • 14-01-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So our mocks are in two/three weeks(1st February) and I was wondering if you had any tips on how to study for the subjects. I'm doing higher level for all my subjects( maths, Irish, English, German, business, home ec, science, religion, history, geography). I've been doing great all year getting a's and high b's. I've heard from a few fourth year students that the exams are made hard to scare you into studying for the real thing. That has scared me a little bit.
    I've been studying since after the break but I want to really get into it in the two weeks left.
    1. Any tips on how to study?
    2. Is it possible to get an a in the mocks and if so, how?
    3. Our mocks are going to a person to be corrected not the mock company, so is there a differnce in how they'll be corrected? (I heard the company's corrected them carelessly)
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Of course it's possible to get As in the mocks. Check the correcting when you get your papers back. There is very little pay involved in correcting mocks, despite one mock company charging 8 euro a paper to correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Regarding corrections, they do tend to be a lot more careless than the examiners will be in the real thing. When my Science mock came back I got somewhere around 60% even though I was expecting at least a B, and it turned out that the examiner had just ignored the entire physics section. It wasn't even that they forgot to add in the marks, they literally just didn't correct it at all and gave me 0 marks for the whole section. Also in English the examiner marked a couple of the questions out of 15 marks instead of out of 30 marks on everyone's paper. So when you get them back make sure everything adds up :rolleyes:
    If you've been consistently getting A's and B's you'll definitely be fine, really the only way to get A's is through consistent studying and work which it sounds like you've been doing. Good luck!

Advertisement