Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time Law

Options
  • 14-01-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,
    I know this has been asked before but all the posts I could find are quite old. Just looking for an up to date opinion really.
    I have wanted to do law for years now but have finally plucked up the courage and am going to start in September. I am just researching where to do it. I work full time so would be part time. My 3 options seem to be Griffith, Independent Colleges or the Dip in Kings Inns. Kings seems to be the biggest commitment seeing as there are classes most evenings but also somewhat appeals more. Maybe it's the fact that it is done in 2 years. But then it's a Diploma as opposed to a degree I guess. As for after the dip or degree, at the moment I would like to think I would sit the entrance exams for the BL. But I suppose that depends on how much I like law and where I see myself going with it. I have read if you are not going to sit the entrance exams for BL, the Dip in Kings isn't much use and a degree from one of the others would be better.
    Is anyone in the middle of the degree in either Griffith or Independent or the Dip in Kings or indeed finished them recently? How did you find it? Both quality and work load say.
    Appreciate any advice as its a big decision...both commitment wise and financially.
    Cheers!

Advertisement