Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fine Gael Councillor wants people to vote for women rather than men, whatever party!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Politics was always full of penises. And a lot of vaginas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

If I wanted to vote for the biggest pussy, it'd be Enda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The literature I received in the door was by Fianna Fail candidate Dierdre Heney. In it she claimed to have "mixed views on the gender quota legislation".
    But at the same time the gist of her spiel was "Vote for me and have at least one woman in your constituency".

:confused:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

People should definitely vote for people strictly based on their gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Politics was always full of penises. And a lot of vaginas too.

Some assholes there also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,812 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Clearly she has legitimized people not voting for her because she's a woman. Or god forbid, imagine voting for someone who doesn't have the same religious belief as you, or has a different skin colour. Or wasn't born in the same county\country as you. Anything other than assessing someone as a whole human being and showing empathy to be able to put yourself in someone else's shoes. She might think she's being progressive, but her views are more appropriate to the 17th century.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Shocking stuff. Fine Gael Councillor Anne-Marie Dermody is asking voters to vote for women, even in other parties if there aren't any in their FG constituency!

So crazy gender quotas now have led to crazy females actually publicly trying to encourage discrimination against men!

She's not getting my vote, to be sure!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/put-gender-ahead-of-party-loyalty-fg-councillor-tells-voters-1.2496942

In fairness, a FG TD, Meath East TD Regina Doherty, has dissed the comments of said idiot.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2016/leading-fg-td-hits-out-at-female-party-colleague-over-gender-quotas-34365758.html

would you vote for them anyway - see below...seemingly she associates "keeping the recovery going" with voting specifically for women. God Help us.

wimminn.jpg

Wow. That's completely ridiculous. Still, not to worry if you're a middle aged fella, you'll be over-represented in the next Dáil, and the next one...

What?
    What?

A politician comes up with an angle? A politician is less than clever? A politician is trying to claim credit for something? A politician says something controversial and gets people mentioning their name and increasing their recognisability? A politician getting their photo in the papers??? HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD??

Dem feminists though, eh? Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I don't see an awful lot wrong with what she said. A woman tasked with getting more women involved in politics wants to get more women involved in politics. Fine by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Better suited to the Cafe, please be sure to read their charter before posting

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1410

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement