Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amyone seen a Saturday (UK) Times Weekend section lately?

Options
  • 14-01-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I used to buy was Saturday Times regularly. Partly because I like to know what's happening back in the UK, but largely because of the Weekend section, with its books, arts, and the Jumbo Cryptic crossword.

But I haven't seen a Weekend section since October (24th). It was missing from the next 2 Saturday Timeses I bought, and I've checked most Saturdays since then, in several shops round my part of Donegal; no Weekend.
    The newsagents told me the Magazine's the only thing they insert in the shops, all the rest being already put together elsewhere.
    I wondered if Weekend had been discontinued, but there are still pointers in the front of the paper to interesting articles in the nonexistent Weekend.

I'd like to find out why (is someone cutting corners and hoping the people in Ireland won't notice?) I'm looking for somewhere to ask the Times people about it, and meanwhile it would be useful to know how widespread the problem is.
    I'd be very grateful for any reports of the Weekend section being there/not there, and roughly where.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Sorry, yoyo - having posted it, I immediately realised that for some reason I was on the Comp & Tech page. I went to delete the posting, and thought I had. I then posted it where I intended to, in News & Media. So I've unintentionally double-posted - could you or another Mod remove whichever one is in the less suitable forum? (There are no answers in either, as yet).
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: News & Media is better suited so I'll close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement