Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook charger

Options
  • 15-01-2016 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

The MagSafe charger isn't charging (no light) and there is no power so I can't do that suggestion that I've read about which clears the power settings. I've checked that the contact surfaces are both clean too. Has anyone else had a similar problem and were you able fix?

Laptop is about 6 years old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buy a new one, its failed and isnt easily repairable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just a note... the exact same thing happens due to thermal shutoff if the charger gets too hot. So if you leave it on a surface where it can't dissipate heat, or even sandwich it between two material surfaces then the temp will go up something serious and at a certain point to prevent circuit damage and probably a fire, a thermal shutoff kicks in. The charger won't work in any way until it's cooled down for quite a long time.

Advertisement