Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training for DCM 2016

Options
  • 15-01-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

A little background here - I was back running last year after a number of years out and was doing quite well. Although I wanted to run the DCM15 my time frame was way to short so i just settled for losing weight and getting fit again.

I have a bad fall which screwed me up until the xmas and have been back running and decided at xmas to run DCM16.

I am using the My Asics running app and created a training plan and now into week three.

Very small runs until 3nd of Feb max 4 mile but running

Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - Run
    Wednesday - Run
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Run
    Sat - Rest
    Sunday - Longer run

March, April, May = Balanced Training - This phase mixes fast pace and extended distance, creating a well rounded set of endurance and speed exercises to prime your body for the more focused phases later in the plan.

Distance picks up again from June and July and building up to the 30th Oct for the big day.

Its all slow jogging pace and I am trying so hard to keep to a 10min/Mile and find that really really slow. I think this puts me around a 4hr 20/30 finish time although goal one is to finish the dam thing.

Giving how early I am starting I am using the time as a slow build up and the bonus is a month's training in Port Douglas June into July.

Good luck to anyone running and keep running

If anyone has any tips/links/advice etc feel free to post.

Advertisement