Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey, remember when THAT happened.

Options
  • 15-01-2016 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭

Reckon we could use a thread to record, remember and relaugh at the stupidity that has occured in Destiny - from people walking straight off the front of the platform in front of Atheon (ahem... ooops) to panically putting a bubble right in the doors looking out at the ogres in Crota (ahem.... oops) - or maybe the reaction to someone using the Supercel to take down Oryx...

What are your fond memories of your fireteam adventures in Destiny? If you have video proof, all the better!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Here's my attempt at using the Relic Super on Atheon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've gotten about 70Gb of stuff recorded that I need to sort through :/

Some ones to get the ball rolling:
    • CDB using the Hawksaw on Golgoroths Orbs
    • Me Nova-Bombing myself to death in the crystal room trying to generate orbs from some thralls before the 3rd Sword back in the day on Hard Crota
    • Me killing myself with a grenade while inside a bubble in the Thrall-way in our 1st proper Flawless Raider attempt
    • That time my cat ejected the disc from the PS4 mid-raid
    • That time me, JCD and a 3rd person were whooping butt in Salvage so started trying to dance with the other teams
    • Me having an entire match of Control on my own 1v4 and playing hide and seek on Cathedral of Dusk and dancing when they found me
    • The day the phrase "Blue-Orbing" became common parlance when I died from, again, Nova-Bombing myself right at the start of Crota Hard mode the second the shields dropped and watching as the lads 5-manned the entire thing to get me a Word of Crota.
    • Getting Gjallahorn while in the bathroom and Sniper was soooooooo salty "ugh... Generic got Gjallahorn" he explained underwhelemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The old "shoot your foot when you're in a puddle for extra health" routine.

always remember when the Sword of Crota guys were around I was fighting them in Cosmodrome when the walker event dropped. Killed the Hive and charged the Walker with the sword and got the killing blow. Several level 12s in the area didn't have a clue what had happened and got a couple of friend requests. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've gotten about 70Gb of stuff recorded that I need to sort through :/

Some ones to get the ball rolling:
    • Getting Gjallahorn while in the bathroom and Sniper was soooooooo salty "ugh... Generic got Gjallahorn" he explained underwhelemed.

"WHAT? NO WAY! REALLY? **** OFF...REALLY. OH MY GOD. ARE YOU JOKING ME? SERIOUSLY? REALLY? **** OFF! WOW! YEEEESSSSSSSSS."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bag doing VOG scuttered and having a right time doing the jumping puzzle :D

Edit: That time that Cable joined at the end of my Solo Nightfall for him to get a Twilight Garrison and me to get a racers toolkit :(

I showed him a few days later when my Legendary Engram decrypted into a Garrison as well :D

• Advertisement

• Me and Wondaboy joking about double meat Subway sandwiches on Shores of Time back in the last "useful" Iron Banner, to the point where I was crying with laughter.
    • IAMANOOB coming into me (and I think Nevs) party at about 3/4am langerated while he was downloading Battlefield Hardline
    • AbusesToilets running on ahead, any checkpoint ever, and that time I was KTO and he finished the Abyss Checkpoint before I rejoined
    • That time Rossi shamelessly bailed, mid-game I might add, from yer fireteam of 6 to join me and IAMANOOBs group.... that time Abuses did the same thing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I must get back to destiny :D

I must get back to destiny :D

You can jump back up from down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

one of my best was instead of jumping to the sisters platform with the relic was to jump from the last platform straight off the side of the map!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You can jump back up from down there.

Really? I subsequently tried and died a horrible death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

[*]Every time Rossi shamelessly bails, mid-game I might add, from yer fireteam of 6 to join me and IAMANOOBs group.... Abuses does the same thing

Corrected

Really? I subsequently tried and died a horrible death.

Yea there are ledges which stick out of the wall the whole way around the hole.

There's a ghost on one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

• Me and Wondaboy joking about double meat Subway sandwiches on Shores of Time back in the last "useful" Iron Banner, to the point where I was crying with laughter.
    • IAMANOOB coming into me (and I think Nevs) party at about 3/4am langerated while he was downloading Battlefield Hardline
    • AbusesToilets running on ahead, any checkpoint ever, and that time I was KTO and he finished the Abyss Checkpoint before I rejoined
    • That time Rossi shamelessly bailed, mid-game I might add, from yer fireteam of 6 to join me and IAMANOOBs group.... that time Abuses did the same thing

I think I apologised at the time

I should ask what my kids Destiny memories are, seeing as they're always bothering me when I'm trying to play

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

I think I apologised at the time

I should ask what my kids Destiny memories are, seeing as they're always bothering me when I'm trying to play

Same here, daughter walks past the tv sloooowly whilst I'm DPSing the warpriest.
    MOOOVE FOR F**KS SAKE!

Bloody kids

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The good, the bad and the ugly

What gun is that in the first video?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    What gun is that in the first video?

The RL is the Iron Banner Rocket Launcher

The HC is Hawkmoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That last video URL :pac:

"My people need me"

The Entirety of Golgoroth on Saturday 23rd January 11pm-1:30am :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭theflipdave

Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Got my first ever one snipe, two headshots kill during this Iron Banner.

Serbian wrote: »
    Got my first ever one snipe, two headshots kill during this Iron Banner.

Nothing better than a firefly induced double.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Last night we had a weird one, Chimp literally pulled the NF out of his a$$ on his own.

When both brothers came out I got hit by the flying fella and motor at the same time and got launched into the sky, I was heading towards the door they come out of and there is a little circular thing on the floor just in front of the door that once I landed on it was instant death but the lads couldnt revive me as I was under the map. Chimp ran the circles and the 2 lads managed to finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Haha, about 20 mins of jumping around in a circle, taking pop shots at the Shield Brothers and I got a 303 ghost and 1 strange coin. Well worth it :)

Good craic all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

a nice last second Zone Control win the other night.

Pity you don't get points for kills though...

CdsPJ_0WwAA-SQS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

2 clips from a game last night. First is a lucky double kill. The second is...well screw drifter (and my spatial awareness) with it's floatyness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Last night we got warpriest down to about 5% health left after the first round....... we were so close to blowing him away like :(

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Last night we got warpriest down to about 5% health left after the first round....... we were so close to blowing him away like :(

Evidence or it didn't happen. :cool:

Evidence or it didn't happen. :cool:

I might have screenshotted that in fairness but Nev can come along and confirm :P

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I might have screenshotted that in fairness but Nev can come along and confirm :P

Don't want no secondhand retelling of something a brothers mates girlfriends dogs uncle saw down the town last saturday fortnight while out skulking alleyways looking for strays to chase.

Advertisement