Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband bundles in Crecora

• 15-01-2016 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Looking to change from Eircom/Eir , and asking to see if there is anyone doing deals for TV/Phone/Broadband(good speeds) around Crecore?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

All of the Landline providers in the Crecora area are using the Eir (Eircom) network.
    Sky would be your best bet for uncapped downloads, other than that they would all give you the same speed (despite what some of them might tell you) so it's really down to price.....just check them out online.

None of them offer Tv...unless Eir can offer their fairly restricted Vision service without a Fibre cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 billymagic

Thanks mgbgt1978, do you know of any "line of sight" options like digiweb metro express etc

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I don't think there are any Wireless Providers left in the area.
    To be honest I had Ice Wireless Broadband a few years ago (when the only other option was the old dial-up connection).....it was not an experience I would like to go through again ;).
    Where in Crecora are you ?
    I'm up beyond the Racecourse and am at most a mile from the exchange in Patrickswell. I get speeds of between 2.5 Mb/s up to 10 Mb/s....usually around 5 Mb/s.
    This exchange is due to be upgraded during the year with 'fibre to the cabinet', so I'm hoping to see a speed increase along with less variation in speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 billymagic

Thanks mgbgt1978, in Cahervalley, Digiweb say it can cover some areas that with Metro express option , but I'm not sure. Will get them to test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

We are about 2-3 miles from you and use wireless broadband from Maints Broadband - signal from Skule Hill in Fedamore. operated by Paul who is (was ?) on Boards as user "maints".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

billymagic wrote:
    Thanks mgbgt1978, in Cahervalley, Digiweb say it can cover some areas that with Metro express option , but I'm not sure. Will get them to test.

I'm living in crecora and have been with digiweb for nearly 8 years. At first the service was very fast but lately it's very up and down as the area has become more congested.

A relative of mine recently got them to install a connection and it seems they have a better connection than I have. This could be purely down to the difference in our locations which is understandable...

Unfortunately like yourself I have been trying to find a more reliable bb supplier in the area but any of the recommended providers have capped thier numbers I the area so it's a case of waiting for someone to give up thier place and then it can be filled.

Eir lines in the area will carry a max of 2mb until the exchange is upgraded in the year .? Any provider that offers more is telling a big fib.. So we will just have to wait for that or vodafone/esb collaboration to become a reality..

Advertisement