Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Cat wee

• 15-01-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Tall order but I was wondering would anyone have a quick fix solution to getting rid of Tom cat wee smell. I caught a stray tom cat weeing inside our cats wooden outside bed yesterday morning. I'm ripping....there was food in our cats bowl, he had no interest in that and left it and just took a wee right in the back corner of our cats house :mad: I have washed all the bedding and made a solution of washing powder to make a paste and put it on the wood overnight but still it STINKS. Has anyone any ideas to help please please. My poor cat is like a lost soul and missing her bed :( TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh no id say though if it is outside it will be a re-occuring problem...

Other than that if you want to try, there is a great spray you get in maxi zoo Simple solution it is called.. That works very well and it breaks down the cat pee so that they wont get a whiff of it again and repeat offend..

Thats the best one ive tried by far, our cat suffers with urine infections so he pees like a crazy cat all over the place..

The only thing as mentioned the tom will more than likely come back, his prob marking his spot.. Could try to old water bottle in the area trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Thanks Milly.
    Our cat was a stray and we have her almost 2 years and this is the 1st time a cat has actually peed inside the bed. Im just livid at the cheekiness of it. They have done it in her food bowl a few times..probably same cat . He's getting more cheeky now grrr. I was actually outside this morning when he was there as caught him walking out the cheeky bugger.
    Whats the old water bottle trick please ? I wont be anywhere near a pet shop until I get a chance nxt week...nearest one is about half hr away :-(
    thanks for advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Cats are so devious and funny at the same time....

Must be a territory thing with the other cat. The water bottle trick is an old one really, mostly used to stop cats and dogs pooping on your lawn... You get some empty 2ltr bottles and half fill with water or fill and place them around the area. It is suppose to deter them, it does work but sometimes it does not.

Another one maybe is to get a water gun/pistol everytime you see the other cat coming in spray him with the water. Im sure he will get the message...

Trying to think now, you could try some vinegar and baking soda http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/10-tips-for-cleaning-cat-urine/. Could mix in a bit of lemon too, cats seem to dislike the smell of lemon..

Could try chopping up some lemon slices and leave them around the area where the tom is entering from...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

ordinary earth is quite good as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Tanx Milly. ....I'm liking the water pistol idea !! :-)
    Jimf. ...just put a bit of earth from the garden around our cats house is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

just put it on where the tom pissed its good to disperse the smell

Advertisement