Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfair ban and accusation of racism.

Options
  • 15-01-2016 3:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been permanently banned from the International Politics forum and accused of racism, I have discussed this with the mod responsible and they recommended I sought further adjudication here.

The offence is so, I replied to a post from Nodin thusly....

"Seems to me the common denominator in much of the rape and terror spreading over Europe at the minute is Islam."

You will of course note I was careful not to blame the current rape and terror crises spreading through Europe on any race of people or religion, I correctly linked it to Islam which is of course an ideology that encompass every level of a followers life from politics to how to wash properly, how to beat your wife or indeed use your slaves for rape, it's a legal system and a financial system. It is the same as Marxism or communism except they replace the religious part of their ideology with a just as militant atheism.

I believe the mistake of many is confusing someone, or at least not differentiating between someone stating "Islam is bad" or "muslims are bad" it's subtle I grant you but notice the difference between these two statements....

"catholics rape children and cover it up and fostered a culture of misogyny and violence to young unmarried mothers"

"Catholicism is responsible for the rape of children and covering it up and fostered a culture of misogyny and violence to young unmarried mothers"

Another point that is relevant to my defence here is that though one of them statements is offensive on a personal level neither would get you banned, while a poster, like myself can find themselves accused of racism and banned for the statement I made.

The mod in question also added the accumulative weight of previous offenses which I made during my time here, I did point out that though my record is bad and I have been a time sink for mods this has been recognised by myself and I have for 2 years now caused little trouble, I did receive a 24 hour ban from the same forum a few days ago which I also believe to be grossly unfair but decided not to persue it due to the short sentence.

In my opinion, and I realise this will not go down well and hurt my chances of being dealt with impartiality here but I have came to the mods attention due to me raising the fact that admins of this site have allowed, through design or accident, the politics forum to be moderated by a group of people with near exact political opinions, center left to far left covers the political spectrum displayed by mods of politics, I assume some effort is put into keeping other forums neutral i.e football mods not all being united fans and even in less lighthearted forums like religion I believe an effort is made to prevent all mods being adherents to one religion or none. This obviously makes mine, and others center right views seem abhorrent to most/all mods and human nature being human nature I will be seen as racist etc

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi gallag, I will be looking into this for you. Please allow me some time to gather information, etc. In the meantime, I would be grateful if you could forward me the PM exchange between yourself and the mod in question.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Toots wrote: »
    Hi gallag, I will be looking into this for you. Please allow me some time to gather information, etc. In the meantime, I would be grateful if you could forward me the PM exchange between yourself and the mod in question.

Thanks.

Sure, do I just post them here?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

gallag wrote: »
    Sure, do I just post them here?

Either here or else you can forward them to me via PM, whichever is easiest.

Dear gallag,

You have been permanently banned from International Politics for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

johnnyskeleton

Moderator Note

Racism is against the site terms and conditions. Youve had an appalling record in this forum and the mod warnings to date havent helped. In fact theyve emboldended you to outright racism.

Your post:Quote: gallagQuote: NodinAs indeed they can be in Latin American and African countries. It would seem that the common denominator in all cases is certain stages of economic development rather than anything else.
    http://passblue.com/20...abuse-never-lets-up/

http://www.bbc.com/new...tin-america-33001990

http://www.latintimes....curb-femicide-320801

Seems to me the common denominator in much of the rape and terror spreading over Europe at the minute is Islam.

This must be some sort of mistake? How is my post racist? I said

"Seems to me the common denominator in much of the rape and terror spreading over Europe at the minute is Islam."

Well, the current rape crisis and terrorist murder campaign in the media at present is being committed entirely by followers of Islam who come from many races. You also state I have a terrible record while I have hardly had any mod action's in two years.

Have you banned anyone for linking the wave of crimes against young mothers, baby's and the rape of children in this very country to catholicism? Surley you can see how ridiculous this ban is.

Its clearly racist and Im dissappointed that you dont recognise or undetrstand that.

If someone has said "I think the common element to a wave of rape and terrorism spreading accross Europe is Catholicism" or jndeed any other race or religion, as an attempt at a serious argument, it would garner the same result.

You also claim that you havent had any moderation actions. You have had 14 forum bans, a site ban, 9 infractions and 11 warnings. You cause trouble wherever you go. Sure you were banned from international politics last week as well.

So Im serious about the ban and I dont accept theres any sincerity in your claim to not know that it was racist or that you have a terrible record.

The decision stands.

Feel free to open a dispute resolution if you like.

Please note that you are still able to post in the politics main and elections and referendum forums, but youre on very thin ice.

OK, I've had a read of this and I'm really finding it difficult to understand how you don't see that what you're posting is 'racist'. I use 'racist' in inverted commas because I can't find a word for the religious version of racism. I've had a look through some of your other posts in various fora, and there's a similar vein in them all. In fact I see that you were banned from AH for racism. There isn't free speech on the site, you can't go posting stuff like you have above, this isn't 4chan. Personally, I don't care whether someone is far left, far right, or sitting on the fence; you can believe what you want, but when you're posting on the site, you need to follow the general rules, plus the forum specific rules.

Before you say that Islam is some sort of sacred cow on this site, I can assure you it really isn't. Mod action would be taken against any user who said the same things you said about any other religion, be it Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism, etc. It just so happens that Islam is in the media spotlight right now, so there's a lot more discussion about it at present. A year or two ago, it was Catholicism.

Regarding your comments about mod bias in the forum, the DRP isn't the place to discuss these. If you have a problem with how the politics forum is run, I believe there is/was a thread about it on Feedback.

I'm going to uphold your permanent ban from Politics International. As johnnyskeleton pointed out, you still have access to the Cafe, Elections & Referendums, and Politics General, so you are free to post there for the time being. However, unless you change your posting style, your days in the Politics category could be numbered. My advice is think twice before you post something; read through it a couple of times and consider if what you've written is going to land you in hot water. Maybe in a year or so, if you've toned down the discriminatory posts, we can look into this again and see if the forum mods would consider allowing you to access Politics International again, but in order for this to happen we'd have to see a significant difference in your posting style.

• Advertisement

Islam most definitely is a "sacred cow" here then, as I have asked multiple times, would or have people been banned for linking the cover up of sexual crimes or the abuse of young unmarried mothers to catholicism? Why the hypocrisy then, I simply made a statement that the current rape (i.e multiple European city's on NYE) and murder (Paris etc) wave sweeping Europe is committed by adherents of islam, yet that equals racism?!?!?!? How? Come on its ridiculous.

Also you seem to say my previous style of posting influenced your decision that I am a racist, let me be clear incase I was not in my op, I am anti-Islam and my posting style will surley be influenced by that, is that a problem? As I said, Islam is an ideology, it's a regressive political, economic and moral system that I don't like, I have never seen a single country benefit from more Islam, I detest the thought of islam getting a foothold in Europe and post mostly in threads of this topic (rarely started by myself) as it's my intrest, is any of this against the rules?

There are many posters here who are anti-zionism and post a lot about the west bank land grabs or banning Israeli goods etc right up to how zionism is responsible for everything from 9/11 to world geopolitics and trade from the more appreciative of foil headgear people, yet their views are allowed because it's fine to be anti-zionism as it's just an ideology.

I'll ask you to reconsider and remember my post stated....

Not something like....

"All muslims are rapists"

Again to draw a comparison.

"Seems to me the common denominator in much of the cover up of child rape and bad treatment of unmarried mothers that spread over ireland in the mid 90's was catholicism"

Opposed to .......

"All catholics are pedos"

I really hope you understand and reconsider your accusation of racism.

Regards.

So basically you're saying that you want me to lift the ban, but you're not going to make any effort to change how you post on the site.

I'm flagging this for admin review, because for the moment I'm upholding the ban. As I stated above (which I feel was quite fair) if you can rein it in on the other Politics fora, we can have a look at things in a year's time.

Toots wrote: »
    So basically you're saying that you want me to lift the ban, but you're not going to make any effort to change how you post on the site.

I'm flagging this for admin review, because for the moment I'm upholding the ban. As I stated above (which I feel was quite fair) if you can rein it in on the other Politics fora, we can have a look at things in a year's time.

Yes, exactly, my posting style will continue to have a anti-islam bias, just like the anti-zionism posters etc, I feel that if you had understood my previous posts you would now realise I am not anti muslim, but yes I am strongly against Islam the political system that hates democracy, Islam the economic system that wants to tax non believers, the legal system that says a woman is worth less than a man in word and in inheritance, a moral system that sees gay people chucked of buildings etc etc. Are you not anti-islam?

It seems my question about the cover ups of sexual violence to minors and the treatment of unmarried mothers being linked to catholicism not receiving the scorn that linking islam to the rape and murder wave in the media sweeping Europe did yet again being ignored, or the posters that link the land grabs in the west bank with zionism, people who link the death of millions in China to communism etc

Why is only one ideology untouchable here?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think the use of the word "racism" or "racist" is unfortunate here. I would have gone with bigot, or xenophobe.

The core of the issue here is not necessarily your views, it's the manner in which you convey them on this site and the amount of work you cause for volunteers.
    Yes, exactly, my posting style will continue to have a anti-islam bias

And therein lies another issue. You have been issued with multiple warnings, you have been issued with a siteban and we now find ourselves here at the Help Desk. Despite being clearly told your posting style is not acceptable, you persist.

So, to cut to the chase, ban upheld.

And I will add to the ban a warning - one more infraction (red or yellow, your choice) or one more forum ban will be turned into a siteban of three months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement