Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forming a musical "collective" -

• 15-01-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey,

My name is Marie and I would like to form a get-together/collective-type thingy for musicians to meet each other and jam together and, if you meet someone you gel with, then all the better!

It wouldn’t quite be a free-for-all. That would be very noisy. Instead, people could take it in turns to perform songs, probably covers starting off and the emphasis would very much be on collaboration, moreso than your usual open mics. Obviously, if you meet folk who would like to work on your original material, that’s brilliant and probably the main point of the whole thing - just ye might need to rehearse a bit separately first, depends on how complicated the songs are and how skilled yiz are :)

I’m planning to host it on Sunday afternoons from 3pm to 6pm upstairs in JW Sweetmans (used to be Messers Maguire). It’s a nice space and it’s a handy location (and it’s free).

So, if you would like to come along, I am organising the first one for Sunday, 31st January. Although, I won’t book the space until I’ve heard from at least a few people who are interested so please get in touch. And, if you have friends who would like to come along and listen, that’s also cool, the more the merrier!

Ok, thanks for reading, hope to hear from you :)

Marie

Ps. In case anyone’s wondering, there won’t be a drumkit, but feel free to bring bongos, cajons, or anything else that rocks your boat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MetalBren

That's actually a cool idea. too early to know if I can make that first meeting, but I'm definetly interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Beckitt92

Would definitely be super up for playing this! Will it be done again on another weekend? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LampyJo

Is this going ahead on Sunday (31st) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mickcorea

is this still on?

Advertisement