Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harsh punishment

Options
  • 15-01-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Banned from the Car detailing forum for supposedly ignoring a warning when there was no warning on the thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057547991&page=3

Biko wrote:
    Guys, shed has been mentioned many times in this forum, and for good reason as this is a forum that use their products a lot.

Let's stop the crap and focus on the products.

No warning as you can see, followed by a good few posts. Were all the following members banned?

He wrote again 2 hours later
    Ok back on track now folks

Again, no warning of being banned etc. and three posts follow it.

Then OSI posts
    Lads you were asked to leave it. McLove, take a 24 hour break for ignoring mod instruction.

Why was I the only one being punished? Was the troll who obviously has a problem with the likes of Curran and Vectra punished also? He obviously has a problem with the way the forum is being run, and doesnt take advice from any other member well.

Just think its a bit harsh considering I do contribute to that sub-forum more than the troll has done.

At the very least if OSI or Biko were unhappy with my post that they could have edited it and give me a warning to not back-seat mod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. Sorry for the delay. Myself of tricky D will take a look at this for you shortly.

There were two warnings issued to attempt to bring the thread back on topic, i.e., discussion of the products.

Warning 1
    biko wrote:
    ...Let's stop the crap and focus on the product

Warning 2
    biko wrote:
    Ok back on track now folks

You then posted...
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Stop encouraging the troll - best not to reply to any of their posts so they dont get the satisfaction.

Off-topic, back-seat modding, ignoring mod instruction - take your pick. All are applicable. You cannot say there were no warnings. You are here long enough to know to that you are responsible for your own actions & your comment above clearly crossed the line & the 1 day ban issued was appropriate.

Ban upheld.

No reply in over a month. Marking as resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement