Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECC for eir Talk Unlimited Mobile €100

Options
  • 15-01-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've just been charged €100 ! What on earth is this for , I don't use Eir for mobile. Is this a penalty for leaving Eir after 45 years?
    Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

LiamQ wrote: »
    I've just been charged €100 ! What on earth is this for , I don't use Eir for mobile. Is this a penalty for leaving Eir after 45 years?
    Liam
    Hi LiamQ

This refers to your land line package which appears to have been closed while in contract - please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will look in to this and get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mickeyteech

My Parents changed provider last December 2016 after 40 years with Eir and were also charged €100 for an ecc charge.  There was no explanation what this was for and furthermore Eir were impossible to contact on the matter as my elderly parents were pushed from 1 automated recording to another.

I googled it and it relates to early cease of contract. What contract??  My parents never had or signed a contract with Eir 40 years ago???  They simply continued with them during this period.

A month later my Parents, who are both pensioners received a letter form a debt collector looking for payment which obviously caused them considerable stress and resulted in my Mother rushing out to pay it in fear of a debt collector being at the door.

This is disgusting deplorable behaviour from Eir and I'm struggling to contain my anger and disgust over all of this.

Any ideas on how I could get more info on this with a view to resolving it?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

My Parents changed provider last December 2016 after 40 years with Eir and were also charged €100 for an ecc charge.  There was no explanation what this was for and furthermore Eir were impossible to contact on the matter as my elderly parents were pushed from 1 automated recording to another.

I googled it and it relates to early cease of contract. What contract??  My parents never had or signed a contract with Eir 40 years ago???  They simply continued with them during this period.

A month later my Parents, who are both pensioners received a letter form a debt collector looking for payment which obviously caused them considerable stress and resulted in my Mother rushing out to pay it in fear of a debt collector being at the door.

This is disgusting deplorable behaviour from Eir and I'm struggling to contain my anger and disgust over all of this.

Any ideas on how I could get more info on this with a view to resolving it?

Thanks!
    Hi Mickeyteech,

If you choose to switch provider while you are still in the minimum period of your contract you will be liable for early cease fees and charges. We would always recommend contacting the cancellations team before switching to check this. If your parents call 1901 our customer care team will be able to advise on a breakdown of the charges and when they entered the contract.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement