Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 plus

Options
  • 15-01-2016 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Anyone with 25 plus car insurance,just wondering what there like to deal with I was just told by another insurance company that they are bad to deal with like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been with them too. They're fine to deal with, quite strict on the paperwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Hard to deal with in what way? I got a good quote, paid online for the year, uploaded my NCB cert and got my insurance cert in the post a few days later.

If another insurer told you they're bad to deal with, it's because they want your money instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭robbie1

He just said they can be hard to deal with if there's a claim etc I got a great quote from them miles cheaper than anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If you're just going 3rd party then any claims delay is not really your problem.
    If you're including Fire & Theft then the bottom Line is the valuation they put on the car in the event of an F & T claim....not too hard to get close to what you want if you are prepared to shout loud enough and possibly give a solicitor €150 or so.
    Otherwise if they are quoting cheaper than anybody else why wouldn't you go with them this year, and next year find the cheapest quote you can find again.

Don't forget, the only bad word you have heard yet is from another Insurer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I've heard they can be difficult to get in touch with over the phone but aside from that if it's a decent quote then go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭robbie1

I am got a quote of 393 fully comp on a 161 Nissan note everyone else nearly double

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Check the small print.

Open to correction on this, but I think they're the same crowd as Just For Women (certainly their websites were remarkably similar, and both had cover with Allianz if I remember rightly), and I had to cancel a policy with them over their driving other cars clause - they said it was "only in emergency situations" but refused to clarify what that actually meant.

That may or may not matter to you, but just be aware.

JFW were also a total nightmare to deal with - impossible to actually speak to anyone, and difficult to reach online.

As it happens I got the exact same price with another insurer via a broker, but I'd have been happy to pay more to deal with an actual human on the end of the phone.

That's my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,253 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are AIG Insurance under a different name similar to Nononsense being FBD.

bazz26 wrote: »

You're right - I was wrong in my post above saying they were Allianz - apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,253 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah no worries. It's common place these days for insurance companies to target certain customer types through rebranding, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

bazz26 wrote: »

No, they're not. AIG underwrite their policies, but the company behind all these brands is MCL Insurance, based in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm with them as there the cheapest, haven't made a claim so no idea what there actually like.

However I mus point out that they have the dearest rates if you do t pay up front a policy for 350 could cost you 475 if paying monthly it's worth checking out the total annual cost of you pay monthly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

robbie1 wrote: »
    Anyone with 25 plus car insurance,just wondering what there like to deal with I was just told by another insurance company that they are bad to deal with like

I'm with them & they're grand. Why are you thinking of having a crash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I was with them for a number of years until they became too expensive. I only ever dealt with them online never over the phone. I never had to claim either and I always pay my insurance upfront I can't stand doing it on the drip. They're no different than any other insurance company, they take your money and give you a sheet of paper with a removable corner to put on your window...

jca wrote: »
    I was with them for a number of years until they became too expensive. I only ever dealt with them online never over the phone. I never had to claim either and I always pay my insurance upfront I can't stand doing it on the drip. They're no different than any other insurance company, they take your money and give you a sheet of paper with a removable corner to put on your window...

Except where the small print differs from other insurance companies/policies, as it did in my case with JFW. Sometimes there's a reason things are cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Except where the small print differs from other insurance companies/policies, as it did in my case with JFW. Sometimes there's a reason things are cheaper.

The policies I held with them had everything I wanted, ncb protection, driving other vehicles etc. I made sure before I committed to them. What's JFW?

jca wrote: »
    The policies I held with them had everything I wanted, ncb protection, driving other vehicles etc. I made sure before I committed to them. What's JFW?

Just For Women. Similar, if not the same as Over 25. Had a dodgy phrasing for driving other cars, couldn't or wouldn't clarify it which was a deal breaker for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just For Women. Similar, if not the same as Over 25. Had a dodgy phrasing for driving other cars, couldn't or wouldn't clarify it which was a deal breaker for me.

If your certificate of insurance says so, we will also cover the policyholder, in the event of an emergency, for your liability to other people while you are driving any other private motor car which you do not own or have not hired or leased, as long as...

"Emergencies only" is typical irish insurance industry BS. I can how you would be worried by such vague weasel words.

It's worse than the "non standard audio equipment " assumption codology.
    What does either of these phrases mean in the real world?

That emergency clause is there for 25plus too. Wouldn't touch that sh1t with a bargepole. Or any company that might decide my €200 aftermarket radio with BT and adapter for MFSW was non standard audio equipment.

If your certificate of insurance says so, we will also cover the policyholder, in the event of an emergency, for your liability to other people while you are driving any other private motor car which you do not own or have not hired or leased, as long as...

"Emergencies only" is typical irish insurance industry BS. I can how you would be worried by such vague weasel words.

It's worse than the "non standard audio equipment " assumption codology.
    What does either of these phrases mean in the real world?

That emergency clause is there for 25plus too. Wouldn't touch that sh1t with a bargepole. Or any company that might decide my €200 aftermarket radio with BT and adapter for MFSW was non standard audio equipment.
    Exactly.

Just shouted "get out clause" in big loud red letters at me.

I cancelled the policy when I copped that, after about 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

I went with them last May as they were by far the cheapest for me. There's definitely a link between them as JFW as quotes were almost identical (I'm a guy btw :) ) and websites very similar.

Haven't had to have any dealings with them since, no claims, no changing cars so can't comment on that.

Anyone know what their attitude to a 14 year old high mileage TDI might be come renewal time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mattser

Apologies for raking up this one, but the same questions are even more valid 18 months on.
    Renewals are gone through the roof again, and 25 Plus.ie are still quoting me half of everyone else.
    Are the above comments as valid as before, & has anyone had any dealings with them since ?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

€2,472 with 25 Plus, €2,359 with a named driver. No windscreen cover though. It is the cheapest I've seen as a standalone driver but the cheapest I've gotten is €1,400 with Liberty and a named driver.

New full license, 0 NCB, no proof of named driving and on a brand new Golf.

Have a read on boards though, this MCL crowd are notoriously difficult to contact in the event of a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

mattser wrote: »
    Apologies for raking up this one, but the same questions are even more valid 18 months on.
    Renewals are gone through the roof again, and 25 Plus.ie are still quoting me half of everyone else.
    Are the above comments as valid as before, & has anyone had any dealings with them since ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Got my parents switched to them because they were several hundred cheaper than the rest, no issues with them. No claims thankfully.

Advertisement